Mankind project
Posted by: Margie ()
Date: August 10, 2007 09:22PM

I have the most wonderful news!!!!!!!!!

I think my husband has walked away from MKP!!

I[i:02050840cc] thought[/i:02050840cc] that the therapy session with his therapist went horrid.

I arrived about 10 minutes before husband and was able to talk alone about NWTW. Although his therapist wasn't familiar with MKP he was understanding of how there is a lot of cult-like groups, and was dismayed when I told him of some of the activities during NWTW. When husband arrived we talked (argued) about "other" problems. When I finally got to the MKP part husband got very angry (defensive)!! He stood up and said he refuses to talk of it. The therapist is a nice man, but just sat there and did not interject or offer advice once during the session.

Two days later, something awful happened. At this time I cannot say what, but by total mistake I found out something he was doing that was disturbing and abnormal. We argued horridly.

The next day, I asked that he compromise and not have any contact with MKP for two months in order to step back and give himself a chance to breathe. He was angry about that too, and never answered me.

Last night was his I-group. He said he was going to take a brief time off from MKP. I asked if he was agreeing to the two full months. He said he wasn't agreeing to ANYTHING. Just before he left he said he was turning in his key and saying good-bye to his brothers.

He did not stay for full meeting and came home very early. He began to talk to me about his inner feelings, "us" and his need for good therapy. We talked into the night. He did not mention MKP but he was trusting of me and he was able to open up. We had not been able to share in this way for over 3 years.

Thank you!!

THANK YOU RICK for having and maintaing this site and being vigilant. Without the plethora of reliable information you provide I would have had no help.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for sharing your information, your personal insight, your trust and your support.

Hopefully, I will be able to help and support others here who are seeking answers and reaching for hope.

Mankind project
Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: August 11, 2007 04:46AM

Hi Margie,

This is really good news, I'm happy for you and I hope things continue to improve for you and your husband.

You said:

Although his therapist wasn't familiar with MKP he was understanding of how there is a lot of cult-like groups, [b:ca2dc130cb]and was dismayed when I told him of some of the activities during NWTW.[/b:ca2dc130cb]

This is really worth emphasising for people who are seeking help from professional therapists. Therapists need to know [b:ca2dc130cb]specific details [/b:ca2dc130cb]about what happens on the courses in order to even begin to understand what's wrong with them and what kind of damage they cause - both to the person involved and to their relationships. When I first tried to get help I spoke in very vague generalities about a "personal growth course" and got pretty blank responses until I went into detail, and then the therapist I was speaking to was suitably shocked - and in a far better position to help me.

That's why this site is so important, it gives useful detail to people on the outside, trying to help loved ones. In my case it also helped me gather up the courage to break the secrecy agreement and discuss the details - first anonymously here on the board, then with friends, then in person with a therapist.

Anyway - I second all you said - many thanks to Rick Ross, and the other moderators, and everyone else for posting here :D

Mankind project
Date: August 11, 2007 09:12PM

SaneAgain,
Yes, I agree.
The evening that I became aware of the 'distubing" things I called my therapist and made emergency appt. She saw me yesterday (Fri) morning. I printed all of the NWTW manual that RU?ing was kind enough to post and brought it along. She is going to read it. If she decides that MKP is a potential danger she is going to bring it up at her next staff meeting.
If you make the print a little bigger it is 29 pages, but easier to read.

It's a start..

Mankind project
Date: August 11, 2007 09:15PM

SaneAgain.
How awful of me!!! I forgot to thank you for sharing in my happiness.
I was so caught up in the therapist angle.

THANKS!!! IT FEELS GOOD TO FEEL BETTER!!! :D

Mankind project
Posted by: ginah ()
Date: August 12, 2007 12:18AM

Margie
SaneAgain,
Yes, I agree.
The evening that I became aware of the 'distubing" things I called my therapist and made emergency appt. She saw me yesterday (Fri) morning. I printed all of the NWTW manual that RU?ing was kind enough to post and brought it along. She is going to read it. If she decides that MKP is a potential danger she is going to bring it up at her next staff meeting.
If you make the print a little bigger it is 29 pages, but easier to read.

It's a start..

I think if you have the full manual it would be far more than 29 pages long, I have not counted. If you want the NWTA weekend protocol manual, I-group suggested activities, gutz manual etc. IM me and I will send them to you.

Mankind project
Date: August 12, 2007 02:52AM

Thanks ginah,
Thanks for the offer. If my therapist wants to see more I will let you know.

Mankind project
Posted by: ginah ()
Date: August 16, 2007 09:57AM

You are very welcome, anyone else who is interested just let me know.

Margie
Thanks ginah,
Thanks for the offer. If my therapist wants to see more I will let you know.

Mankind project
Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: August 19, 2007 04:50AM

**URGENT**
Hi everyone, I am a frequent poster on the Impact Trainings thread, a recovering LGAT victim and an ally in the fight against all LGATs.
I am writing this because one of my best friends is a photojournalist and is very interested in doing a story on "how (insert any LGAT here) ruined your life."
If MKP ruined your life, you would like a chance to be heard, and you are either in southern California or in northern Utah PLEASE PM me today or tommorrow. She needs to write up a proposal first and needs someone to do the story about, but the proposal is due in the next couple days. Please PM me if you have any questions, are interested or know someone who might be interested. Thanks so much![/size:2b600bd581]

Mankind project
Posted by: bigboyx5 ()
Date: September 04, 2007 01:10AM

Where is everyone? Any news from any of you?

Mankind project
Posted by: arad ()
Date: September 04, 2007 01:26AM

hello all,

My guess is that I won't be on this board long because you seem to ban people who hold opinions that challenge your own. My guess is that you have been hurt by cults or cultlike oganizations and I wish for you that you recover from those wounds. I also wish for you that you can focus your energy on groups that are destructive. If MKP is destructive then I applaud you for pointing that out. My guess is that at some points it has been. My experience shows me that much of it is good and I support that work. I think it'd be cool if some of the wives of new warriors got on here. My experience is that many women with new warrior husbands love it! Their men are now showing up for their kids and their wives in a real and powerful way! They understand their anger and it doesn't come out in violent outbursts against the people they love.

Some of the ways MKP is helpful to me:

1) emotional literacy. I understand my emotions. If I get angry at my girlfriend it's not ok to go into a tantrum. I take that to my igroup get it out of my system and THEN show up for her in a loving way.

2) integrity. If I say that I am going to do something I may tell my Igroup about it. They then will check in with me to see if I did that. If I didn't then I am out of integrity with myself (and maybe others). The igroup tells me the truth and tells me if I am being a liar. If I am consistently not doing what I say then they let me know that I am screwing up.

3) mission. My igroup encourages me to find out what cause I need to serve in this world and then act on it. If I am in a family my mission is probably going to include them.

I see a common misperception being talked about. Igroups are run by the men sitting in the circle. The MKP leadership runs trainings and seminars. They are not directly involved in what happens in an igroup. There is no central leadership that is directly involved in a mans experience. They are present for training weekends that only last for 2 days! The vast majority of the time a person is involved they are working with their peers.

Anyway, it works for me! I don't assume it would work for everyone.[/i]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.