Re: Thinking about NWTA
Posted by: OrionEridanus ()
Date: July 18, 2011 09:05AM

SeekingTruth
Total waste of time and money - not only upfront but in having to have psychotherapy afterwards. They'l take your money and screw your mind and your life.

I thought it was a pretty good experience. It is months ago now, but I can honestly say I began sleeping soundly regularly again for the first time in many months. My observation is that you get out of it what you put into it. If you go in skeptical and keep your armor up entirely, you won't get much out of it. If you go in completely unbounded and vulnerable and you have a bunch of issues you have never dealt with, yeah, you might be pretty badly shaken up, but if you go in with an open mind and reasonably well grounded, it can be a really good experience.

Re: Mankind project
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 19, 2011 09:48PM

Experiences can be misleading.

When I had flu, my fevers ran fro 101F to 104F as measured by a thermometer. I felt I was freezing to death, despite the thermometer demonstrating that my body was overheated.

Learned later that when the immune system kicks in hard, the body produces cytokine chemicals that can affect the tempreture regulating system in the brain. The body sensations go out of whack and the person experiences him or herself as feeling cold, despite being roasting hot.

You experience yourself as wanting and craving warmth when what your body needs is to cool down.

So personal experience can be manipulated and thrown out of whack by stress.

Posted by: OrionEridanus ()
Date: July 19, 2011 11:21PM

corboy
Experiences can be misleading.

When I had flu, my fevers ran fro 101F to 104F as measured by a thermometer. I felt I was freezing to death, despite the thermometer demonstrating that my body was overheated.

Learned later that when the immune system kicks in hard, the body produces cytokine chemicals that can affect the tempreture regulating system in the brain. The body sensations go out of whack and the person experiences him or herself as feeling cold, despite being roasting hot.

You experience yourself as wanting and craving warmth when what your body needs is to cool down.

So personal experience can be manipulated and thrown out of whack by stress.

Huh? Feel free to say just because I thought something I experienced was useful to me does not mean that it was, but your physiological analogy only obfuscates things. (Like when people compare humanity to cancer in the ecosystem, and then start talking about analogical equivalents to chemotherapy, etc. tends to lead the discussion to nonsensical realms. Incidentally while some pyrogens are produced solely by the immune system, some are produced in the presence of certain bacterial membrane materials, whether the immune system has "kicked in" or not. )

My experience was positive to me. It remains to be so. Could I have found myself in the same emotional place through some other mechanism? Sure.

Posted by: SeekingTruth ()
Date: July 20, 2011 08:58PM

Could you have achieved the same effect far cheaper than MKP - sure.

Posted by: bigboyx5 ()
Date: February 27, 2012 01:48AM

[numenoldmen.wordpress.com]

Found this while trying to explain to my new gf all the shit and abuse my ex's family and this cult put me through.

Posted by: Stephen Shrader ()
Date: June 15, 2012 11:23AM

Aloha,

I live on the island of Hawaii.

It appears MKP is alive here, and I'm interested in bringing attention to them, from the state departments of health and professional licensing, for scrutiny of their 'not-therapy' activities.

Since I'm not a 'direct victim' of theirs I'd appreciate advice/guidance in my endeavor.

Mahalo

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: June 16, 2012 03:51AM

Stephen Shrader, Here is a link further down this forum (to page 100, I think)

[forum.culteducation.com]

This shows an active site shedding light on the nefarious Mankind Project. check it out.

I would suggest further reading of this thread starting at the beginning. Yes there is a lot to read, but it is riveting. The abject horror many attendees is documented.

If you are interested in trying to let authorities in Hawaii get wind of this group, your thought of the "un-licensed" mental health route is the way to go.

Good luck exposing these LGAT S.O.B.'s.

Posted by: SeekingTruth ()
Date: July 06, 2012 06:09PM

Stephen Shrader
Aloha,

I live on the island of Hawaii.

It appears MKP is alive here, and I'm interested in bringing attention to them, from the state departments of health and professional licensing, for scrutiny of their 'not-therapy' activities.

Since I'm not a 'direct victim' of theirs I'd appreciate advice/guidance in my endeavor.

Mahalo

Also check out where they hold their weekends. Warn the owners of what MKP gets up to - naked dancing, holding of cocks in sweat lodges, cock talk circles, running around naked, physical abuse aka carpet work, untrained psychotherapy, mental abuse, starvation, sleep deprivation, etc. In a litigious society like the USA the owners of the venues need to know what they might be held responsible for hosting if something goes wrong.

Apparently a few years ago in the UK MKP got kicked out of a Scout Camp after the parents of the cubs and scouts using it found out that their kids might come across fully naked men running around in their local woods etc.

In the USA the Kiwanis and the YMCA and other orgs. to their shame regularly host MKP weekends of gay sex and debauchery.

Posted by: Free_Thinker ()
Date: August 28, 2012 09:25PM

I'm a little disturbed by all the horror stories on this forum about the MKP. I've done the weekend, voluntarily, a couple months back. I did not have the money to do it, but the MKP has a support fund for those in need, so at least all the stories about shaking money out your pockets don't apply to me! :) I do not intend to change any minds here, or to debate the other members on this forum, but I'd like to share my story/views as a participant of the MKP weekend.

A few of the things I read on this forum are true, and I'd like the opportunity to put them into context;

1. Secrecy. The weekend, the events and methods used by MKP are 'secret'. But for good reasons. If you buy a present for your partner, will you tell him/her before he/she opens the gift in detail what's inside? No. And so does MKP not tell you what they do before you participate. Another reason for secrecy is that many of the things that happen during the weekend need a context. Without that context, it is difficult to understand what it is about. It is better to remain silent then try to explain it. A third reason is that people that attend the weekend need to feel safe. Many men share emotions/ideas that are very personal to THEM. If you hear their story it is often not so shocking as what the man in question believes himself. However, it is often embarrassing/confronting for the person sharing the story. To give him enough space and a feeling of security, MKP members swear a secrecy oath. The secrecy helps the men to be open and honest as they know that their story remains theirs. They do not have to fear that other people will hear their story. The only, but very important, thing against the secrecy is that it feeds paranoia and suspicion by outsiders.

2. Nudity. Yes, there are occasions on the weekend where all men are naked. The reactions on this forum are an example of why this is needed/a good thing. Male nudity is a big issue for many people and not just men. Nudity is often associated with all kinds of things that receive a negative reaction. Just because two man are naked and in the same room, does NOT make them gay. Touching of genitals is not allowed and will NOT happen. Holding cocks does NOT happen. Yes, there is an occasion where all men sit in circle and pass a wooden penis around, but that serves a particular purpose and has nothing to do with being homosexual or sex. In this event the man are spaced at a good distance and no physical contact happens. There is no running around naked but there is a short voluntary event (no pressure, every man is told that they can leave or choose to keep their clothes on. During my weekend one man did which was respected by everyone.) where naked dancing around a fire happens. Truth be told, it felt similar to the first time I went skinny dipping in the ocean. Weird, liberating, ridiculous and very real at the same time. Thinking back it must be the weirdest thing I have ever seen (that really says something) and even participated in, but also one of the most liberating and funny things I have ever done/seen.

3. Physical activity. I'd say there's hardly any physical activity on the weekend. The carpet work that is referred to isn't so much physical as it is emotional. It can be very intense. It was for intense for a few men, including myself, but not so intense for many others. The MKP however states over and over and over, that anyone who is in a mentally/emotionally difficult spot, should seek professional help. MKP states very clearly that it is NOT a therapy. They state clearly that they are not a self-help group. They state clearly that they don't have the staff or experience to help with emotional breakdowns. They do however have contact with professionals that are on call during the weekend in case professional help IS required. MKP promotes itself as an educational system/training. They have certain tools that they offer and teach individuals to help deal with stuff in their every day life. By choice.

4. Starvation. Well, it is only two days. What's there to starve? You are told to eat before arrival on Friday, so we're talking about Saturday and Sunday till 4 pm. Even if you wouldn't get anything, that's hardly starvation. But you do get breakfast and lunch and supper and an unlimited water supply. So I feel that starvation is a bit strong. The food they supply however is healthy and nutritious and certainly not pizza or McD's. If that's what you expect you'll be disappointed!

5. Sleep deprivation. Well, again, only two nights on site with 20-40 fellow men. Sure you'll have a few snorers. I didn't sleep very well, but we did get an 8-hour night. Even though I was awake most of the time, but that had nothing to do with the weekend. I was not sleep deprived.

6. Therapy. As mentioned before, the MKP states very clearly that it does NOT do therapy. The weekend is not meant as a therapy session. They're NOT looking for unstable easy targets, they want men that are stable and healthy but looking for more fulfillment in their life.

7. Vulnerability. The MKP is NOT targeting men that are weak/vulnerable. As a matter of fact, vulnerable people pose a danger to MKP as all kinds of things can go wrong with people that are vulnerable independent of what they choose to do. If someone commits suicide after losing a tennis match, does that make tennis a dangerous sport? Should you refrain from playing tennis as people commit suicide when they loose?

A little bit about me and my reasons. I am a highly analytic and skeptical professional mechanical engineer. Don't come knocking on my door with wild stories as I don't take any of it. Same for MKP. I joined an I-Group before I did the weekend. I was skeptical and didn't believe a word of it. The I-Group was free and very interesting. I did it for a couple of months when I was asked whether I'd like to do the NWTA. I didn't. But eventually I signed up as the I-Group functions better when all participants have done the weekend. I wasn't expecting anything of the weekend and was of course highly skeptical when I walked in on Friday. I was wrong. I learned a few things that weekend. About fears, about myself, about men in general and how I never really bonded with any man. Fear determines most of our lives and our 'choices'. Facing that fear and dealing with it rather then letting it control you is a very healthy way to live your live. And when I've had enough of MKP, I can simply decide to longer go to I-Group and that's the end of it! No boxes to tick to 'opt-out'.... :)

I happily answer any question. I've tried reading as much as possible, but this thread is a bit too long to read everything! I hope my contribution clarified a few things.

Posted by: ginah ()
Date: September 02, 2012 09:19AM

My gut feelings tell me...... another MKP apologetic rears his ugly head.

Or the same one using a different name is also quite likely. At least get a new script every once in a while if you want to sound original.

If men and their families really knew what MKP et. al. entailed, they would run the opposite direction as fast as they could, before they were brainwashed by it's LGAT cult like techniques. THAT is why secrecy is required. Your present analogy and excuses is just that, excuses.

The only present I was given was the gift of PTSD.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.