Re: Mankind project, Reparative Therapy
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 09, 2009 01:43PM

All the MKP secrecy stuff, mainly comes from the techniques of the LGAT seminar, which are highly advanced seminars used in group persuasion. MKP has copied many of the LGAT seminars in the market.
These are mainly used to distract people long enough to liberate their money from them.

MKP hides behind the secrecy of tribal initation rituals, to try to keep what they do secret.
Stripping people bare physically, is a common technique used in these wilderness LGAT's as part of the process of breaking people down.

As far as the sexuality, there are many conflicting reports, for example, some activists from the gay community went after ManKind Project, for promoting the bogus and discredited "reparative therapy" (techniques to attempt to change a person's sexual orientation).
December 01, 2006 [gayspirituality.typepad.com]

Perhaps others who have attended the MKP seminars can comment on this, and what goes on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mankind project, Reparative Therapy
Posted by: O'Brother ()
Date: December 10, 2009 02:39AM

MKP hides behind the secrecy of tribal initation rituals, to try to keep what they do secret.
Stripping people bare physically, is a common technique used in these wilderness LGAT's as part of the process of breaking people down.

I don't doubt this is the main purpose, but when people drive from miles around to watch and participate so enthusiastically in the "midnight adventure", but don't stay for anything else, thenI considerthat evidence that there is some titillation going on with at least some of them.

As far as the sexuality, there are many conflicting reports, for example, some activists from the gay community went after ManKind Project, for promoting the bogus and discredited "reparative therapy" (techniques to attempt to change a person's sexual orientation).

Again, I think the senior leadership makes money from this, but the rank and file get something else. Some get a sense of belonging or wellness. Some get a feeling of empowerment......but I really believe that what some of them get is a rationale by which it is "OK" and still masculine to frolic naked with a large group of men.

The number of times we were asked to strip and the unecessary frolicing combined with the zealousness of the staffers and the "audience" leads me to conclude that the nudity is very important to them. I spent more time naked than I did working on the "GUTS" stuff.

I think there are a lot of confused and closeted men at these things. It seems natural that the organization would have appeal to someone interested in "reparative therapy".

Ironically, the man I was closest with in my group was an openly gay man, and I asked him if the two supreme leaders of our group set off his gaydar because I got that vibe from them. He just nodded, laughed and said, "There are alot of things here that set off the gaydar" I agree.

Re: Mankind project
Posted by: noman ()
Date: December 10, 2009 05:34AM

I attended a MKP weekend several years ago- after I was there for the first 90 minutes or so I decided to leave. I simply began walking up towards the main 'office' area where one of the staff followed me & began asking questions. I can say that at no point did they ever try & stop me from leaving or attempt to convince me to stay- they only seemed to have a genuine concern that I would make my way back to wherever I was going safely.

Before the weekend I was able to meet guys who had been involved in MKP for awhile at the local center- I never got the "cult" vibe whatsoever (as I have when I walked into a Scientology office out of curiosity before- left there real quick) . I will not go into detail as to what went on during the 1 1/2 hour I was there as I understand why they request attendees keep this to themselves . People should be allowed to go & make their own assessment about it. Obviously this group has helped people, at the time it just wasnt for me. I surely dont think it's the only avenue for mens 'initiation', & Im sure most at mkp would agree.

One thing to keep in mind (this has probably been mentioned already) is that there is no Jim Jones or L. Ron Hubbard figure that spearheads the organization- no one to revere or obey. you answer to yourself and your instincts. there are no punishments. you are free to leave at any time. I cannot imagine them repeatedly sending e-mails & calling once you have clearly stated you are no lo longer interested. I dont buy that.

As for the guy who killed himself not long after attending- that is tragic. I believe they need to have a much better process of discernment as to who is ready & who is not.

Date: December 10, 2009 09:18PM

Perhaps you are right, but I don't see how a good, healthy relationship with any person or institution can be built on lies, half truths and manipulation of emotional and physical well being.

I find it interesting that although I got to know some of the initiates, I cannot tell you the first bit of information regarding my "brothers" lives or personalties and they never asked a darn thing about the real me, just the negatives of my parental relationships and my sexuality. Some "brothers", huh?

The ends do not justify the means in my opinion. It occurred to me that the patterns of behavior, humiliation, shaming and the cover-up of secrets is very similar to the predatory sexual abuse many of these men claimed to have experienced. i.e. " Its for your own good", "Don't tell anyone", "Outsiders just won't understand" "Trust the process"

How can any of that honestly be a "good" thing?

Afterall, isn't precisely the secrets in our lives that cause the most problems in the long run?

Re: Mankind project, DECEPTION, LIES, MANIPULATION, and more lies.
Date: December 11, 2009 04:12AM

What "noman" is posting is literally the standard MKP and LGAT propaganda. Right by the book.

Why would someone who supposedly attended and left a MKP seminar "years ago" bother commenting about MKP?
If they never attended, then how can they know anything about MKP?
Since they are totally ignorant about MKP, then they know nothing about it.
Why are you trying to talk about something you know nothing about?

Typical bullshit a more lies by MKP.
He betrays himself by trying to pretend the MKP people don't try to persuade people to stay. They do, as shown in evidence of them using carpooling in remote locations, and taking people's keys, phones, etc. Its all been documented.

"noman" then betrays himself further as an MKP stooge, by refusing to say what happened at the intro meeting and saying that "people should just go check it out for themselves".
This is STANDARD LGAT seminar deception, exactly like the Landmark forum.
They want to get the suckers into the tent, that is what its all about.

Then the typical..hey, we're not a culty group, those others guys are! Not us!

The final betrayal of the MKP promoter, is about "who is ready", that standard LGAT seminar nonsense.

The reality is that ManKind project is full of LIES and DECEPTION. We've just seen more of it. They are used to dealing with untrained people, and have no idea the patterns they are taught to run on people are so obvious.
MKP is a very dangerous LGAT seminar for certain people, and it should be avoided at all costs.
They will lie right to your face, and they will try to deceive you.

They will say, "check it out for yourself" to try to lure you into the intro meeting, where they will run their techniques on you.
Contrary to what "noman" says, there is no need to check out the intro-meeting. That is a deception. These intro-meetings are when they start trying to screw with people's minds, and get them to sign onto the big seminars.

And "noman" also is deceptive about how its all "voluntary", as these sects know how to engineer consent, they are all about group persuasion.

O'Brother...
...is 100% correct, MKP is full of LIES, DECEPTION and MANIPULATION, and many other things.
The few people so far who have posted here from MKP, either openly or with a false identity, have been incredibly dishonest.
That is another warning sign, bait & switch, and DECEPTION in recruiting. MKP is incredibly deceptive and dishonest with people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2009 04:20AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: noman ()
Date: December 11, 2009 12:39PM

Im no MKP stooge- I assure of you that. I was only speaking on my own experience. I attended several I groups beforehand.

Date: December 12, 2009 02:29AM

Well, I was just really confounded by the fact that my counselor didn'ttell me what he was getting me into at all. I trusted him and he put me in a situation where I felt very physically and mentally uncomfortable, with no simple way to get out without setting off more discomfort and confrontation.

That was not cool. Then, after a weekend of abuse and manipulation, they try to tell me it was for MY OWN good? HA, I can guarantee you that my individual, personal well being is of little concern to anyone there. Then they tellme I have to keep their secrets or I'm a terrible person?

Like HELL. Don'tpiss on my feet and tell me its raining. I know a shady operation when I see one. I could have used that money for a nice weekend with my wife and family and gotten more benefit out of it than listening to a bunch of idiots try to humiliate and manipulate some decent, but unfortunate people going through a rough patch.

I owe them nothing. In fact, the leaders ought to consult an actuary, because eventually their "transformation" weekend may create a Michael Scinto that doesn't take it out on himself.

Date: December 12, 2009 09:11AM

Its just more BS from the MKP stooges and shills, there are plenty of them.
They can't even break out of the MKP lingo of "speaking on their own experience" while denying they are a (bad) MKP shill!!
The MKP training to try and handle objections does NOT work with experienced people.

MKP promoters and recruiters, and "referrals" DELIBERATELY TRICK and deceive people.
Why?
They rationalize it, as in tribal initiations, the "elders" did trick the youths, and then traumatize them to make them "men". So the MKP stooges believe its OK to lie and trick you, and then try to traumatize you with their dangerous mind-games.

But of course, its also been perverted by the LGAT seminars MKP have copied. These LGAT seminars also deliberately deceive people, that is how they conduct business.

Yes, MKP will piss on your feet and tell you its raining, then try to sell you an old used umbrella for $1000.

They will also say they didn't attend MKP and don't know anything about MKP, but will tell you that MKP is terrific, and tell you to attend the intro meeting so MKP can screw with your mind with lies and deception, and sign you up for the bigger seminars.
Its just the standard bullshit, not even very well done.

Unfortunately it can work on inexperienced people.

The reason MKP tells people to keep their MKP secrets is because the LGAT seminar techniques MKP use, don't work when you are aware of them.
So the best thing to do, is to TELL EVERYONE WHAT MKP DOES, in precise detail.

Post it here in the thread, every aspect of what they do to people, and WHY, and how the techniques work.
The "secrets" are for the same reason as Landmark, as the brainwashing stuff does not work when you know what they are doing. It just makes you very angry to see someone trying to con you and manipulate you.

The reality is that the members of MKP will lie right to your face repeatedly.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: December 12, 2009 10:11AM

What is the deal with the "pseudo"-homoerotica that goes on at these things? Have any sexual assaults been reported to authorities at these things? How does dancing naked with a bunch of fat middle-aged closeted homosexuals make one a "man"?

Re: Mankind project, male sexual identity issues.
Date: December 12, 2009 01:05PM

Here is a little post in their "defense", if you can believe it!
IN THEORY, groups like this attempt to break down the societal taboos around male sexuality, things like homophobia, bisexuality, and the rest of sexual issues some people struggle with.

The problem is, they are NOT trained to deal with sexuality, they are terribly dishonest, they are manipulative, they are high pressure.
If a person is having a sexual identity issue, then that needs to be handled in a proper way, with trained professionals in the field.

But again, MKP is using the cloak of exploring sexuality, but is using it as a weapon against people, just like some of these other LGAT "mens groups" out there. There are a bunch of them.
They use sexuality as a weapon inside an LGAT wilderness retreat.

Probably next month, MKP will start the Tiger Woods "inspired" sexual addiction MKP wilderness retreat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.