Current Page: 86 of 114
Re: Mankind project
Posted by: ginah ()
Date: October 29, 2008 12:36AM

bigboyx5
Same for me, though I have no manuals, just first hand knowledge of their schemes and tricks. I wonder how the state of the economy is affecting these losers? Maybe less disposable income means less recruiting.

That's a good question, does anyone have any information about this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SeekingTruth ()
Date: October 29, 2008 09:43PM

From an internal communication:

The Mankind Project is currently facing one of the biggest financial challenges of its life. Due to a significant decline in men enrolled in NWTA's, and despite $30,000 in budget cuts over the past three months, we are facing a projected shortfall this year of $75,000. We need your help.

Historically, about 90% of the revenue generated by the Project has come from tuition from our trainings. The rest is raised through contributions, primarily to the Chairman's Campaign. For the first time in 23 years, our average number of men per training has decreased significantly – by about 10%. We expect to initiate 2849 men this year, down from a high of 3209 in 2005. We are budgeting for a similar decrease in 2009.

In response to these challenges, MKP's Executive Committee cut next year's budget by $170,000. To accomplish this, the ExCom took these unprecedented steps:

· Cut their own stipends 50% beginning immediately and continuing through 2009: $62,500

· Eliminated all constituency and staff travel (exclusive of the Annual Meeting and F2F): $22,000

· Eliminated one face-to-face meeting of the ExCom: $12,000

· Accepted Rich Tosi's offer to cut his honorarium 50% through 2009: $8000

· Accepted MKP Staff's offer to give up their 2009 cost of living adjustment: $13,000

The goal of the 2008 Chairman's Campaign is $75,000 in tax-deductible contributions.

There are three ways to donate:

... snip ...

Posted by: bcfreeman ()
Date: December 08, 2008 01:33PM

Well, here goes nothing.

Hi All, I just discovered this site surfing around last nite. I was a member of the MKP organization from 1993 until 2006.
I was a Center Director, an LIT, an Elder, a man of many opinions.

I had no idea that there was an organization that view MKP as a "cult".

But, if you would like to converse with me about my experiences both positive and challenging, I am willing to share with you.

Thank you.

Crit

Posted by: S_Byers666 ()
Date: December 10, 2008 09:29AM

Bumpity bump. Up we go - for the great MKP damage limitation exercise!! Hey 'Crit' aka bcfreeman - want to try first addressing some of the issues in this VERY long thread (86 pages long!!!) before we introduce new ones? BTW nite is actually spelt 'night' - right? - and there is not an organisatiion per se that views MKP as a 'cult.' We're just a whole bunch of individuals who met on this board to exchange experiences of the abuse, lies, and scams perpetrated by MKP on its unwitting participants who attended its workshops.

Posted by: ginah ()
Date: December 17, 2008 01:19AM

Hi, I agree with S_Byers666, we are not so much a group as just people who happened to find each other on this site. Being that you were a director etc please forward all training manuals to people on this site. It would be greatly appreciated.

bcfreeman
Well, here goes nothing.

Hi All, I just discovered this site surfing around last nite. I was a member of the MKP organization from 1993 until 2006.
I was a Center Director, an LIT, an Elder, a man of many opinions.

I had no idea that there was an organization that view MKP as a "cult".

But, if you would like to converse with me about my experiences both positive and challenging, I am willing to share with you.

Thank you.

Crit

Well, bumpity, bumpity boo indeed....
Posted by: ILike2WatchTV ()
Date: December 17, 2008 02:35AM

Let's face it people he can not, will not share that kind of information otherwise it would steal or spoil the magic of the work the men do. Or, perhaps he will. I find it interesting that the members are as secretive as what they are. Surprised they haven't been more moles infiltrating their group to report to the outside what really goes on. If I were a male I probably would. In fact, would consider it for the woman's within thingy.

Date: January 07, 2009 04:21PM

Hi all,

Happy New Year to you. My apologies for not getting back on-line here sooner. I was just distracted with the "holidaze" and just having fun living life with my friends and family.

If at any time you want to get my attention sooner, my email is bcfreeman@optonline.net.

Anyway, I'm not your typical person who went through the MKP experience. So, I'm not sure that I can be of any help that you may be looping for. I don't know anything about LGAT or Landmark or Sterling or EST or TM or mantras or any of that stuff.

But, I'm willing to share my personal experiences and opinions (for what it's worth) and answer questions.

Now:

1. There is a comment about "abuse, lies & scams perpetrated by MKP". Is there anything in specific?
2. There was a request for "training manuals". I see in the thread that there are postings of the "protocols" for the men's weekend
retreat called "The New Warrior Training Adventure (NWTA)". So, I am assuming you are looking for more information. Yes?
3. My name is Crittenden and people usually call me Crit, for short (or sometimes nicknames like Critter-lol).

Some history.

I entered MKP when is was known as "The New Warrior Network (NWN)". I believe then the only "Centers" or chapters as I like to say, were: Milwaukee, Chicago, Houston, Rochester, San Diego & Washington, DC. Meaning that there were the only places where the men's weekend retreats were held. Of course now, it's global with chapters in Australia, New Zealand, Germany & South Africa.

I atteneded the NWTA in Houston, TX in Jan. 1993. I then attended their Leadership Trainings and in Jan. 1994, I staffed my 1st NWTA.
In 1995, I took a 4 year break from staffing NWTAs & then and rejoined in 1999. Somewhere in between those years, the NWN became The ManKind Project, and later around 2004 became MKP-I. ManKind Project International. The intent here was was rename itself as something that sounded less "cult-like" (then New Warrior Network) and perhaps more business like and International was simply to have a global vision as opposed to just a North American vision.

Being very much an individual and one to march to the beat of my own drummer, yes, there were a lot of "speed-bumps" along the way for me (lol).

However, that is going to happen if one does not, well, be a crowd follower and if one tends to question "authority. So, I learned to expect the speed bumps.

In 2003-4 I was a "Center Director" or chapter president (as I like to say) of the NY chapter of MKP, but previously, I also assisted, in small ways, of helping 3 chapters become organized to host the NWTAs. Those 3 places being the Philly chapter, the NY chapter and the NJ chapter. In very small ways, I move (so to speak) which helps out in big ways.

And I also had a lot of opinions along the way. (LOL) As many did in the organization. And of course a lot of details not yet mentioned.

I left the organization in 2006 because of 3 national (meaning basically just occuring in North America) conflicts surrounding issues in which I was not happy with how those issues were "worked through" and because I felt that the friendships I had were not the types of friendships I wanted, and lastly because I was making personal changes in my life that were leading me to new friends and new situations (and also a declining health, at that time).

So, a request has been made to me, here, to supply information from the organization. I've read threads here were people posted things from that organization, but have done it, uh, "on the sly", so to speak.

I will simply say, please do NOT make any requests to me that are dishonest, unlawful or just downright sneaky. I am certainly not (and far from) a perfect person. HOWEVER, I do maintain a very high standard of honesty, integrity and accountability. This standard I had for myself WAY BEFORE I knew anything about the MKP organization and it comes from my Mother.

But, certainly in general, I can answer questions you may have. My question to the ginah is "for what purpose?". Why would you need or want any additional protocols? Again, I am not educated on LGAT or any cult-awareness tips. And I do not have a perception of MKP as a cult. But, I am open to hearing diferring points of views.

Why do so many things seem secretive? And why do so many members not say much about what happens on an NWTA (weekend retreat)?

The concept is that, historically, male initiations were always secret. And the organization chose to model how earlier cultures would do their male initiations. Iniation? That is, man-training. Moving from boy to man. I believe that the concepts of say, Aboriginal or North & South American native,
and African & Aboriginal male initiations (Boy to Man) are what was an inspiration.

As I write these words, I can't remember anyone ever saying "No, I choose not to agree to this request or requirement of confidentiality." But, I'm sure there must have been.

But, if you share something specific that you know of, I think I can give better answers.

My personal perception of MKP? I sit in a place of disappointment. For me, the organization was NOT able to "walk its talk" of its standard of integrity.
But, keep in mind that my standards are very high and very few meet those standards. Most jobs I've been in the corporations cannot meed my standards. And that's life.

Well, I guess that is a mouthful.

I've clicked on the "send replies to this to me via email" box so I'll now be much more quickly aware of the need for me to respond back.

Thanks for the opportunity to share with you.

Crit

Date: January 07, 2009 04:40PM

WOW!

I'm reading through some of the posts and it's amazing. Some stuff is very accurrate and some is just "WHAT????".

I can certainly understand why many would be very hesitant about the organization based upon these things I'm reading.

I look forward to an on-going dialogue with you.

Crit

Date: January 08, 2009 02:03AM

Good Afternoon all,

Uh, The great MKP damage limitation exercise???

Please clarify. What does this expression mean?

Thank you.

Crit

Date: January 08, 2009 10:41AM

Hello to all:

I’m reading through the past posts beginning from #1 to the present. I’ll make comments on things along the way.

“"A complete breakdown of one of their weekends" reflects that every minute is carefully planned and blocked out and that nothing is really vesry spontaneious, though the initiates probably perceive otherwise. Beginning on Thursday at 7:00 PM through the weekend event ending at Sunday 4:00 PM everything is carefully scripted right down to the "goodbye process."”

Yes, the weekends do have a standard structure. Every minute carefully planned?? No.
Things happen beyond control at times. Plus there are behind the scenes issues that may come up (people being people or men being men-LOL). So, there is no perfection to the structure of the protocol. There is spontanaity in that what occurs depends on what a person(s) brings to the table. And creativity, within the structure, is encouraged.

However, my question to you is, is there something wrong with having a highly structured event?
To anyone who knows anyone involved in this - do you best to get them out of it! I'm trying to work out where the money goes - if anyone can offer any clues.....

The depends on the chapter and how they choose to run their center. Some are very organized and business savvy. However, it’s more likely that the majority are not running their chapters with any degree of business savvy.

================================================================================================

As for the weekend retreat. Most of the money goes to the camp rental, food, materials.
The majority of staff volunteer their time. Only a few of the leadership get paid.
For example, as the chapter president of the NYC chapter, I would reeive $500.00 per weekend retreat. During my time, in 2003, we did 2 NWTAs and in 2004, we did 3.

However, for those in money needs, they do offer “scholarships” which can range from $50.00 to $500.00.

I can assure you that the NYC chapter in no way shape or form was making “tons of money”. How much did we have in the bank? It might range from $8,000.00 to $15,000.00. The chapters will also do some events for its membership and of course that comes out of the main account.

===============================================================================================

About 30 or so men are sitting in a circle in this candlelit sweat hut. The leader told them after they left, they could finally go to their feast. Now keep in mind, all of these men are naked. Then the leader said this.

"You may now reach over and grab your "brother's" d**k. If he does not want this, he may remove your hand."

My husband said he just froze. He could only see the men on each side of him, but to his knowledge no one did this. This upset him so bad he made a decision to not attend the I groups just now. He still has not attended, but that is mainly because of me.

I must tell you that I AM SHOCKED reading this. I would like to know what chapter was this supposed to have occurred. I want to IMMEDIATELY report it to the Executive Director and request if he know/knew about this and if it has been stopped. I can assure you that this NEVER occurred when I was a chapter president.

I can also assure you that this is NOT in any protocol and people in the organization are VERY MUCH aware of sexual boundaries and abuse issues.

I AM DISGUSTED reading this and I intent to report this to the Executive Director and Chairman of MKP for them to investigate and get it stopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crit

Current Page: 86 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.