Current Page: 83 of 114
Re: Mankind project
Posted by: bigboyx5 ()
Date: November 16, 2007 03:50PM

Hi Gina. I am willing to discuss what my wife has told of the procedures only. However we are still working on our relationship and I don't want to push her in the wrong direction, so I must be careful.

The women's weekend has few of the confrontational aspects of the men's, but it uses alot of the same images for the hypnosis sessions. The castle fugures prominantly as does "the key under the pillow". There is no sweat lodge. Where the men's primarily bastardizes native american traditions, the women's uses wiccan symbols. The men use a talking stick, the women use a speaking stone.

I wouldn't call the WWI more nurturing, rather far more covert in it's methods. "love bombing" comes to mind.
They have a far more involved journal aspect to the weekend as well. My wife described it as immediate and unconditional acceptance.

They descend into the castle, room by room over the weekend. Rooms include the dungeon, the garden etc. In the dungeon thay are told to find their sunbeam (think happy place).

My wife is 100% different now than she was. She says "emotionally stable" I say "emotionally detached". She can be manipulative to the point of being emtionally abusive towards those who disagree with her. She must always portray herself as a victim in conversations, then turn around and take out her frustrations on me. She completely distrusts mental health professionals except the one involved with the MKP/WWI.

When we speak of divorce and our children losing their support structure, she is blank and shrugs her shoulders, but when I call MKP a psychotherapy cult or tell her WWI doesn't work for her, she reacts with extreme anger. We used to be unseparable, we had communication problems, small bumps etc, but we always worked through them. Now somedays I'm treated like the enemy in my home, we sit in the same room for hours and say nothing. No matter what I try to do to spark up a conversation, I'm avoided until she discussed it with the group.

To anyone reading this I encourage you to write letters to the editor about this group and/or others in your community. Post them at your church, anywhere the groups meet, AA meetings etc. The more people that are pre-warned, the better. Get people talking in the coffe shops, dialog is always good. These people require secrecy to do their work (ironically they use the term shadow far too much), so drag them out into the open. Cite links to this site or the groups, mention the Scinto tragedy, anything to get people talking.

I's late and I'm starting to ramble, a definate sign it's time for bed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 16, 2007 03:53PM

BTW, can anyone clarify a point for me.
I'm looking for historical examples of "secret male initiations" All the examples I've found involved the entire community (male and female), and the initiate is free (and encouraged) to discuss it.

Can anyone post some examples to the contrary?

Date: November 30, 2007 08:20AM

Anyone here familiar with the MKP's "planned giving" campaign? It sounds basically like a ploy to get people to sign them onto their wills. Amazing the depths they'll sink to for money especially as " a global leader in masculinity initiations" That's from one of their branches "the mankind foundation'. Just how many arms does a non-profit organization need?
1. MKP
2. WWI (7 different trainings)
3. Boys to Men
4. Veterans coming home
5. NWTA
6. Shadow Warriors
7. Hollow bones
8. Tosi.biz (2different trainings)
9. MKF
10. Inner circle

Please feel free to add any additional "affiliated" groups or "recommended" or "endorsed" groups anyone knows of. Let's see how many levels of trainigns there really are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2007 08:22AM by bigboyx5.

Posted by: ginah ()
Date: December 11, 2007 12:24AM

They also have Warrior Monk, Inner King and more leadership development trainings, also a store that donates 10% of their profits to MKP The Possibilities Co. , Rainbow Warrior, then their is Tosi and Associates though not affiliated with MKP Tosi is one of the founders of MKP. I would guess that their are some that I am not familiar with as well.

I did read about the "planned giving" months ago on their website, I agree that they are trying to get people to sign them into their wills.

Thanks for talking about your experience with woman within, from what all I was told about the weekend, and then what I read and have since found out, I am so thankful that I was strong enough to say NO to my husband when he kept pushing me to "go and do my work."

bigboyx5
Anyone here familiar with the MKP's "planned giving" campaign? It sounds basically like a ploy to get people to sign them onto their wills. Amazing the depths they'll sink to for money especially as " a global leader in masculinity initiations" That's from one of their branches "the mankind foundation'. Just how many arms does a non-profit organization need?
1. MKP
2. WWI (7 different trainings)
3. Boys to Men
4. Veterans coming home
5. NWTA
6. Shadow Warriors
7. Hollow bones
8. Tosi.biz (2different trainings)
9. MKF
10. Inner circle

Please feel free to add any additional "affiliated" groups or "recommended" or "endorsed" groups anyone knows of. Let's see how many levels of trainigns there really are.

Posted by: SeekingTruth ()
Date: December 20, 2007 05:28AM

Half_pint
The campsite in question is Kibblestone, in Stafforshire, just down the road from Stone. Scout sites such as that are often booked by non Scout groups who pay much higher rates than other Scout groups/Guide groups do and sometimes even higher rates than other youth groups. ...

I hear a rumour that MKP have now got kicked out of Kibblestone by the Scouts due to the article in the Houston Press. It appears that they have now decamped to Ringwood in Hampshire (UK) - where there is another Scout Camp and a Youth Centre. Does anyone know exactly which camp or centre they are using? In other countries they use Kiwanis Camps, YMCA Camps, Christian Camps, and other youth orientated centres. The mind boggles - grown up men running riot naked with impressionable young people nearby ...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2007 05:31AM by SeekingTruth.

Posted by: scout ()
Date: December 21, 2007 04:47AM

SeekingTruth
Half_pint
The campsite in question is Kibblestone, in Stafforshire, just down the road from Stone. Scout sites such as that are often booked by non Scout groups who pay much higher rates than other Scout groups/Guide groups do and sometimes even higher rates than other youth groups. ...

I hear a rumour that MKP have now got kicked out of Kibblestone by the Scouts due to the article in the Houston Press. It appears that they have now decamped to Ringwood in Hampshire (UK) - where there is another Scout Camp and a Youth Centre. Does anyone know exactly which camp or centre they are using? In other countries they use Kiwanis Camps, YMCA Camps, Christian Camps, and other youth orientated centres. The mind boggles - grown up men running riot naked with impressionable young people nearby ...

I am a member of the Scout Association.

I am in the position to confirm that the MKP have had any future bookings cancelled, and they will not be able to camp at Kibblestone again.

In addition, a communication will shortly be sent from UK Scout Headquaters that should prevent MKP from booking ANY Scout owned campsite in the UK.

We take Child Protection very seriously, and even by their admission on their websites they breach the spirit of our policy, and as such should not be allowed on our sites.

I think its fair to say, that any UK based organistation, who are responsible for children / young people will take a similar view. I'd suggest you make like to persue the line of:

They hold an initiation ceremony (by their own admission)

Then of course there is the Houston Press article.

If anyone is aware of them managing to book a Scout site in the future, contact info.centre@scout.org.uk with your concerns. That should get that sorted.

Best wishes

Posted by: midwest.momma ()
Date: December 22, 2007 10:30PM

I am so glad, Scout, to read that someone has paid attention to the outcry. I can only hope that the U.S. wakes up and also begins to take action against this group.

Date: January 25, 2008 02:13AM

midwest.momma
I am so glad, Scout, to read that someone has paid attention to the outcry. I can only hope that the U.S. wakes up and also begins to take action against this group.

Bumping this thread up....

I have not heard a thing in regards to the scouts in the usa....

Posted by: midwest.momma ()
Date: January 25, 2008 09:29PM

I noticed the progressive mag that publishes an ad for ManKind project is still running the ads...after it was brought to their attention that this group is harmful.

What does it take? Anyone?

Date: January 26, 2008 12:03AM

midwest.momma
I noticed the progressive mag that publishes an ad for ManKind project is still running the ads...after it was brought to their attention that this group is harmful.

What does it take? Anyone?

I think money being removed from the equation. This is a corporate world now, which means make money at all costs, even the cost of our humanity.

Current Page: 83 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.