Current Page: 82 of 114
Re: Mankind project
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 21, 2007 10:17PM

It seems they may mean that mental health professionals and/or doctors are members of MKP and attend its functions.

They don't seem to mean that these people assume any direct professional responsibilities.

If this is so how would they held accountable for the MKP programs?

By what licensing board and/or regulatory group?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bigboyx5 ()
Date: October 22, 2007 12:08AM

What the doctors etc in question are supposed to do and what's happening seem to be very different. I know firsthand what the recruiters say to a person "the weekend is supervised by a licensed psychologist". I know the Dr (face only) from my weekend and he was very definately in one of the top positions. I think that in my case the recruiter forgot that this local psychologist cannot officially endorse the weekend, but they try any angle possible.

Another point is there were 15 men at my weekend ($650 each), the land is donated, we supplied the food for the banquet, yet the recruiter said they'll barely break even. What are some of the other costs? Are there any hidden consulting fees for the professionals in attendance?

Posted by: ginah ()
Date: October 22, 2007 12:20AM

Actually most of these men pay themselves when they "staff" a weekend. They are not paid, though my understanding is that their are a few men who are paid, how much I do not know for sure right off hand. Look for an earlier posting of mine that should have some "money" info. in regards to my husbands weekend.

bigboyx5
What the doctors etc in question are supposed to do and what's happening seem to be very different. I know firsthand what the recruiters say to a person "the weekend is supervised by a licensed psychologist". I know the Dr (face only) from my weekend and he was very definately in one of the top positions. I think that in my case the recruiter forgot that this local psychologist cannot officially endorse the weekend, but they try any angle possible.

Another point is there were 15 men at my weekend ($650 each), the land is donated, we supplied the food for the banquet, yet the recruiter said they'll barely break even. What are some of the other costs? Are there any hidden consulting fees for the professionals in attendance?

Date: October 24, 2007 11:12AM

Thanks Gina.

Date: November 04, 2007 12:36AM

Can anyone give me advice on the Wiccan aspects of the WWI or the NWTA. My wife and I have been discussing it lately and I want to make sure I don't give her wrong answers. Some of what they do remind me of witchcraft, but I don't know for sure. Are they really practising it?

Posted by: midwest.momma ()
Date: November 04, 2007 08:51PM

For those who want to know, there is a blog on MKP at: echidneofthesnakes.blogspot.com.

Date: November 12, 2007 03:05PM

bigboyx5
Can anyone give me advice on the Wiccan aspects of the WWI or the NWTA. My wife and I have been discussing it lately and I want to make sure I don't give her wrong answers. Some of what they do remind me of witchcraft, but I don't know for sure. Are they really practising it?

Wicca and witchcraft are not interchangeable. Wicca is a religion, established in England by Gerald Gardner in 1954. Witchcraft is a practice and a way of life, and many spiritual belief systems including Santeria, Vodoun (commonly "voodoo"), Hoodoo, Stregheria, Brujeria, and others include the use of witchcraft.

Wicca does not have a central organized body. Many Wiccans are solitaries, though some do belong to circles and/or covens. The definition of Wiccan practice and belief will vary from one Wiccan to another. I cannot imagine for the life of me that the goings on in any LGAT would even remotely resemble the Wiccan practice, for one of the tenets of Wicca is to "harm none", which includes psychological harm, which includes NOT imposing YOUR beliefs on another person (that interferes with their free will and is not practiced by any Wiccans I have ever known, and believe me, I've known quite a few).

I would be far, far, FAR more fearful of MKP and/or Landmark and/or the Sterling Institute than anything you could ever get out of Wicca or even other traditions of witchcraft!

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, sold it at a garage sale for a quarter.

Date: November 13, 2007 12:15AM

Thanks Wanderingbutnotlost. I'm unsure of which aspects are which, so I wanted clarification. They do use speaking stones, (Casting?) circles, sacred tables etc. As well the reference page I read from the WWI listed wiccan books as did the text. They also describe the difference between a bitch and a witch ("You're on the bitch's team now ladies!"). My wife has been quite clear in describning her weekend to me in terms of procedures, but that's it.

For the record, I have no problem with Wiccan/Pagan religions, I do have a problem with them being twisted to make someone money and gain power over another, as I do with any religious system (native americans etc). Yet this group has taken a bit from each of them and manipulated the context to serve its own purpose.

Date: November 13, 2007 12:27AM

Wicca is a nature-based religion and is a modern take on the old witchcraft, which existed in secret originating in pre Christian paganism.

Wicca is only one variety of pagan witchcraft, with distinctive ritual forms, seasonal observances and religious, magical and ethical precepts. Other forms of witchcraft exist within many cultures, with widely varying practices. Many Wiccans, though not all, call themselves Pagans, though the umbrella term Paganism encompasses many faiths that have nothing to do with Wicca or witchcraft.

For further information go to [en.wikipedia.org]

Or search for Wicca on google, there are lots of good sites as well as bad, so keep an open mind if you are for learning and not judging.

Here is the Wiccan Creed.
Bide The Wiccan Law Ye Must,
In Perfect Love, In Perfect Trust.
Eight Words The Wiccan Rede Fulfill:
An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will.
And Ever Mind The Rule Of Three:
What Ye Send Out, Comes Back To Thee.
Follow This With Mind And Heart,
And Merry Ye Meet, And Merry Ye Part.

Does this look like MKP? Nah…
BUT… MKP does take some of the Wiccan rituals, as they take some of the Native American rituals, bastardize them and use them.

Date: November 13, 2007 12:33AM

bigboyx5
My wife has been quite clear in describning her weekend to me in terms of procedures, but that's it.

I am very interested in knowing if your wife would be willing to post her experiences of WW on this site? When my husband was trying to get me to go he had the wife of the man that recruited him talk with me. She was very clear on how WW was far more "nurturing" than MKP in regards to the weekend and that it was all about "women taking care of women".

Also I am interested in knowing more from you in regards to your experiences with her when she came back and since then. What was her personality, attitude, emotions like compared to pre WW etc?

Also, as you state that your wife described the weekend procedures to you, would you be willing to post what you remember of this?

Thanks.

Current Page: 82 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.