Current Page: 77 of 114
Mankind project
Posted by: Margie ()
Date: August 03, 2007 10:54PM

Sorry!!! I posted this in the wrong place and started a "New Topic". Havent' been in here for awhile.

I am wondering how I can go about finding a therapist in the Milwaukee area who recognizes the harmful effects of MKP?
Rick, do you have any resorses? Is there any kind of listing for therapists/psychologists who are aware of mind control groups, such as MKP?

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Posted by: sundance77 ()
Date: August 07, 2007 01:28PM

In response to Margie's question regarding a Therapist who understands MKP. There are a lot of Therapists in the Midwest who are referring their clients to this program. Unfortunately, Therapists hardly know the client when they make these referrals. I personally confronted one therapy practice about their waiting room advertising for MKP. MKP is not therapy. MKP is not about religion, therapy or self. It is about the better good of the group and conformity. Individuality does not exist without a connection to the group. Therapy IS NOT about conformity. I would directly ask any Therapist if he or she is involved with MKP, Women Within and Landmark. I would not recommend a Therapist who is referring clients to these LGAT groups. It certainly is confusing to witness a Therapist who specializes in chemical dependency refer a client to attend a MKP weekend in the woods knowing that the client is actively using drugs and or drinking alcohol. OH....I forgot the client signs several documents stating he or she will not use these chemicals during the weekend. Isn't telling lies one of the behaviors of this disease? And wouldn't you think that a recovering addict/Therapist would know this?

Mankind project
Date: August 07, 2007 01:49PM

Response to Umbrella. I know of someone who was involved with MKP and left after one year. The I Group meetings consumed too much of his time. He said that his main priority was his immediate family, career and personal interests. MKP teaches you to be a better man. Only problem is the former campers get tied up by the Indians in lengthy meetings filled with rituals called I Groups. Now that's what I call taking care of yourself and being a better man, among MEN. The one truth that my friend recognized was AMONG MEN.

Mankind project
Date: August 08, 2007 02:47AM

sundance,
Thank you. I am aware that there are therapists who recommend MKP. It is very disheartining to try to seek help on the matter. I did ask my therapist right away if she was a Woman Within. She isn't, but never-the-less poo-poohed my concerns, saying to "think of it as a bunch of men playing games in the woods". At the time I did have bigger isses to deal with, so I listened and put MKP on the back burner. Just saw her today (having worked thorugh the other issues) and spoke to her about our marriage, MKP again. She agreed that I should have concerns and could understand a bit of it.
Tonight I am going to see my husband's therapist along with my husband. Husband wants me to come to try to work out our marriage difficulties. (Our marriage difficulties started before MKP). Thing is MKP was able to grasp on to my husband at a very weak time in his, and our lives and it has intensified EVERYTHNG!

One thing, you say that therapy is not about comformity, (and I agree) but if I bring that up tonight my husband will say that MKP is NOT about conformity. He will say that each man takes whatever learned as an individual..bla bla..incorporates it into his own life..bla bla.. that he can say what he wants any time...bla bla..that he is in a "safe container".

We will have other things to talk about first (marriage difficulties before MKP)
I think I am going to bring it up tonight as a trust issue in our marriage. I have been decieved. Either MKP is misrepresenting themselves and not being forthright, or my husbsand is.
1. I was told that it was a one time weekend seminar type "thing" in the woods wih all food included..
2. Next I am told that there will be 10 follow up meetings.
3. Now I have been told that husband is going to continue to meet with them once a week.

Of course, WE know what is in store. GUTS/PIT/DONATIONS/RECRUETING/VOLUNTEERING..ETC..

To be honest, I don't think my husband even really has any real intrest in finding out anythnig much and don't think he is aware of the long and bumpy road he is taking. This is NOT like my husband! I am going to ask point blank questions about the MONEY, the I-group leadership..the program..the hirerarchy. Either way, no mater how he answers, SOMEONE was not forthright and it wasn't ME! Either he or MKP will be made accountable for the deception. If he can't answer questions about the money (where it goes/non-profit statis) or if he doesn't even know what the NEXT course(s) is going to be.. well, that will say a lot to the therapist. My husband is very money concious. He figures out his retirement to-the-penny. Then I will move on to all the secret stuff that I found out on the web. I will ask if it is right to lie (withold the truth) in a marraige. I will talk about UNLISCENSED men doing deep regression therapy and how they are unaccountable, the sleep deprivation, etc.. dancing naked.. then I will bring up the conformity. As Umbrrealla said..Group Think.

Of course, I probably won't get this all in tonight..but it's a start.

Don't worry..FIRST I WILL ASK IF THE THERAPIST IS A NEW WARRIOR!! :lol:

Mankind project
Date: August 08, 2007 06:27AM

Margie~

Knowing there are Therapist who refer and support these programs is enough for any one to interview them. Simply asking your spouse's Therapist if he or she is involved with any Large Group Awareness Training program certainly would be a good place to start. As well, you may be aware, Harville Hendrix and John Gottman both of whom have studied and researched married couples for years, are very clear about the subject of PRESENCE in a relationship. If either individual is spending most of his or her time attending meetings, retreats, volunteering, leadership, sweat lodges or just plain hanging out elsewhere ~ where does the couple fit in? Life is about balance and being present to ourselves and others. My friend and family realized that the commitment required to be in these organizations didn't allow him to have the balanced lifestyle that he wanted. Trading one addiction for another doesn't equal recovery. I feel strongly that taking care of oneself with a realistic approach isn't about blaming others for what one doesn't like about his or her being.

Mankind project
Date: August 08, 2007 09:56AM

Just have a minute, but what the heck is going on at the
Cult Education Forum Forum Index -> Large Group Awareness Training page?? I hope someone is able to delete it all.
Has anyone seen the "new topics" listed?? Looks like a nut case got in and is trying to drum up some business.

Mankind project
Posted by: bigboyx5 ()
Date: August 08, 2007 12:12PM

I'd be curious what clicking on one of the links would do to my virus scanner. I suspect it's more than drumming up business.

Mankind project
Posted by: Rswinters ()
Date: August 08, 2007 12:25PM

I think this is one of those attacks that I have heard about in some of ricks posts.

Mankind project
Posted by: bigboyx5 ()
Date: August 09, 2007 12:05PM

Anybody else getting PM's from Zeusor? The MKP forum is the only one I've posted on, plus the spam attacks....hmmmmm!

Mankind project
Date: August 10, 2007 09:37AM

No, I haven't had any from Zeusor.

I wonder how that can happen. Doesn't a person have to be a member and then do 10 posts before they can PM. Also the name they use in here would show up..right???

Current Page: 77 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.