Current Page: 71 of 114
Mankind project
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 08, 2007 03:32AM

To whom it may concern:

DDOS attacks commenced against the Ross Institute (RI) Web sites on about March 8th. They continued for some time causing difficulty accessing this message board and the Web site database.

Immediately after the attacks commenced a supporter of MKP began posting commentary about the RI site being down.

See [rickross.livejournal.com]

Also see [en.wikipedia.org] and note the name Rory Bowman.

Bowman, a "Macintosh consultant," began blogging about RI being down on March 15th.

As you can see a new hosting company and more secure server has helped to end this problem.

And a new subsection has been added to the database about MKP.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Some MKP supporters were banned from this board (e.g. Bowman), for behavior that can easily be seen as fulfilling the role of an "Internet troll," i.e. attempting to subvert a thread on a message board.

DDOS attacks began in March and continued periodically, but were eventually halted by the security of the current hosting company.

During this period of the DDOS attacks Bowman began posting his commentary.

MKP also made legal threats against me personally and the Ross Institute (RI), which have been shared with RI's attorneys.

RI is no stranger to lawsuits, the institute has been repeatedly sued by disgruntled groups, which has led to humiliating legal defeats for the plaintiffs, including the following:

Church of Immortal Consciousness
[www.culteducation.com]

Pure Bride Ministries
[www.culteducation.com]

Landmark Education
[www.culteducation.com]

Gentle Wind Project
[www.culteducation.com]

Gentle Wind would eventually face a much more serious legal situation, when the Attorney General of Maine pursued the group for fraud, closed it down and seized assets.

It is interesting to note that the Maine prosecutor probably wouldn't have known about the group, its products and practices, except for the attention garnered through its frivolous litigation.

Another purported "cult" called "NXIVM," led by a former failed multi-level marketing guru named Keith Raniere, also filed suit against RI. This group has suffered one legal defeat after another, all the way to the US Supreme Court.

NXIVM is now being sued by RI for $1 million dollars, regarding unlawful conduct.

If anyone has information that might lead to identifying the source of the recent unlawful DDOS attacks against this Web site and/or the name and location of the hacker/attacker please contact me.

See contact information at [www.culteducation.com]

A detailed report has been filed with national law enforcement.

DDOS attacks are against the law and the criminals that launch them and their sponsors should rightfully be prosecuted and/or sued.

Please understand that RI has not and will not divulge the identity of anyone posting at this message board.

This board remains a completely safe place to discuss your concerns.

FYI -- Landmark Education attempted to use its lawsuit as a means to discover the names of message baord members.

But that effort utterly failed.

A federal judge told the seminar-selling company that any such effort in discovery would be fruitless.

FYI -- A federal court ruling "Donato v. Moldow," was later cited by Landmark Education in its brief seeking to dismiss its own lawsuit.

That ruling essentially held that the host of message board could not be held legally liable for the posts of its members.

Another victory for free speech on the Internet.

Legal threats, hackers and DDOS attacks should not trump freedom of speech.

Rick A. Ross
The Ross Institute of NJ
www.culteducation.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Posted by: duncacs ()
Date: May 08, 2007 12:04PM

I've read this blog and I've also been to the NWTA.

I judge that you guys need to lighten up. NWTA is anything but a cult and really doesn't even belong on a blog about cults and religious groups.

All this "expose" about things you find out about the weekend does nothing but undermines the potential experience for men who may want to attend the weekend and doesn't "expose" anything. When you try to piece together how the weekend works and post it here all you are doing is tantamount to publishing the ending of a movie and spoiling it for people who may want to go and experience it for themselves.

Yeah; the weekend has its surprises, yeah it's carefully planned out -- so are plays and concerts and movies and all kinds of other things that are designed to help people get in touch with the human condition -- that doesn't make it a cult or a destructive religious group.

Yeah there are native american themes -- but guys; next are you going to start demonizing indian guides for kids or boy scouts? Get over it.

There is no more "cultish brianwashing" in ManKind project than there is in sitting through the Empire Strikes Back or taking a trip to another culture to broaden your horizons.

If men get back from NWTA and make changes in thier lives that some people disagree with; it is most likely they would have eventually gotten around to those changes in some other way -- if it hadn't been NWTA it would have been somethign else. If a man is unhappy in his marriage, eventually it's going to come to a head with or without NWTA. If a man lacks life-work balance ultimately he's going to back off from his career, with or without NWTA. These "negative impacts" I see posted here seem to refer more to the underlying issues that folks had before NWTA happened -- if anything NWTA tries to help men make the changes they need to make in responsbile ways.

I would judge that if the men you all are complaining about HADN'T gone to NWTA they would likely have ended up still making changes in their lives -- but the changes may have been even harder for those around them than they were because the would be made with less awareness of the potential impact on others.

I have seen men get obsessed with MKP, but then again I've seen men get obsessed with thier jobs, with sports -- lots of things. Just because men get obsessed with it hardly makes it a cult -- if this were true then the NFL would be the biggest cult in America.

I really wish you guys would lay off MKP. It does good work and it shouldn't get picked on just because it's a bit unconventional in ways. Also if any men are browsing here in Google searches about what to expect prior to the weekend, I hope you won't read all these posts -- unless you like reading the ending before you crack a novel.

Mankind project
Posted by: SeekingTruth ()
Date: May 08, 2007 06:05PM

Rick - great to see a section on MKP in the database. I know a psychotherapist in the UK who is trying to sort out a young guy who suffered at the hands of MKP. Apparently the young guy's really screwed up by the NWTA weekend.

I'd really like tyo know where in the UK they hold the weekends - somewhere in Stone (Staffordshire) I believe. I'm wondering if the owners of the venue realise what is going on there.

What also concerns me is the 'Boys for Men' programme - an open charter for paedophiles to get involved with impressionable kids if ever there was one? The syrupy wording of their website make me distinctly uneasy.

Mankind project
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 08, 2007 08:00PM

duncacs:

Simply becuase a group, company, business or organization is listed here doesn't mean that it is a "cult." Only some of the groups listed here have been called "cults."

Having said that MKP isn't a movie, the Indian Guides, Boy Scouts or the NFL.

MKP is a "mass marathon training" program, or what is often called large group awareness training (LGAT).

LGATs have a history of problems such as Landmark Education, Lifespring, Impact, NXIVM, Sterling Institute of Relationship and others.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

The research paper linked immediately above is by a clinical psychologist and he explains in some detail the problems associated with "mass marathon training."

IMO -- The manual notes of MKP excerpted in part on this thead reveal a group that is highly manipulative and engaged in what can be seen as coercive persuasion.

Mankind project
Posted by: what2do ()
Date: May 09, 2007 10:22AM

Moderator, what is DDOS? If I am reading this correct, you think there might be a possibility that someone from MKP was behind the problems with the site? I do not know if they were, but nothing would surprise me from that group.

Please all the people favorable to MKP, I said "might be a possibility".

Duncacs, I would respond to your post, however, it is just not worth the effort.

Mankind project
Posted by: Margie ()
Date: May 14, 2007 11:31PM

Hello.. I found this site by starting to do research on brainwashing and cults. Why? Because my husband just returned from a NW training weekend two weeks ago. Last Tuesday he had his "graduation ceremony" and I attended with our two children in support of my husband. Really, in truth I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS INSANITY AT ALL. BUT of course my husband got involved because we have had some overwhelming problems (family, adopted kids and a lot of argueing and tension) the past few years... he was VUNERABLE! Now, after his weekend [i:295b7a363d]if [/i:295b7a363d]I question or disagree about MKP..he says and thinks I am being "even more argumentive..unsuportive, and that I NEED HELP"!!
So, yeah, I went to the graduation. This is what really SCARED me into researching. It was like a church recrueting mission. There was something unsettleing/odd/weird about the whole thing and each thing in itself.. The ritiual, the ceremony, the "spirit names" the "A-HO'S, sounding like amens. The moderator looking into my eyes and the eyes of our children to try and put me/them on the spot. Last but not least the never-ending TESTAMONIALS!!!! It took me a day of thinking "church-weird" when CULT/BRAINWASHING finally landed!!
I am at least relieved to find this site and all of the info posted so far. It is a lot to weed through, but I will, gladly.
Does anyone have any advice for now? I cannot talk about this with my husband, as I am seen as the "enemy" who is in need of "help", and I will only push him further away. Plus, we have been argueing as it is. Yet... I KNOW DARN WELL that "they" will be calling about the next session or "I-thing" and I don't want him to become deeper ingrained. It's a rock and a hard place.. right where MKP want anyone who opposes them. The other day when I tried to talk this over with my husband, and believe me, I danced on tiptoes around it. I was told that I am "afraid" of his new wonderful outlook on life. So, yes I realize that he has been told that anyone who opposes is afraid, or the enemy.
It was just as one of you stated in how the MK weekend works. My husband was the "driver" responsible for getting 3 other men home. He returned with a sore throat, (horse from screaming), and a little leather pouch he made. Everything else was a big secret!
Thanks again for all the info and for understanding..
I am worried sick about this. I love my husband and am afraid for our future.
I hope I can find this thread again.

Mankind project
Date: May 15, 2007 04:33AM

Thanks for all the information! what2do, thank you for posting the Lakota statement. In reading some of your older posts, I can see that in a lot of ways, I feel just as you do/did. I almost feel frienzied over this whole MK thing, as if it's invading my life, and it has.
I went to apply to the Yahoo group and am awaiting my approval. Everyone here, thanks for all of the long and informative postings and personal expierences. This all takes so much time and it is appreciated. Now I see that the thing my husband came home wearing is a "tailsman", and understand a lot more.
He was introduced through a freind.
First they went to DC to protest the war. They stayed at someone's home who was a member of this Mankind organization. Husband came back talking about how nice the people were where they stayed and waht a wonderful "network" of men were involved. Next thing his friend invites my husband to a "sweat". Ok.. fine. Now it's the day before Easter (and we have kids) and my husband is on a all day trip to a drum making class. I was getting a bit fed-up with it all. Next another sweat another "sweat". All of a sudden is going on this Mankind weekend and hasn't even discussed it with me! He has paid a fee of $550.00 and filled out some forms and it's a "DONE DEAL".
Now, after reading your forum today, I see that he was slowly indoctrinated and probably made a "commitment" at the last sweat.
This is awful.

Mankind project
Posted by: what2do ()
Date: May 15, 2007 11:52AM

Margie, if you will take the time and read this entire thread, you will really learn about MKP, from many different perspectives.

I know this is a lot of reading, but from what you are describing is going on, you need all the knowledge you can possibly get.

I will, as will others here, try to answer any questions you might have. However, each MKP lodge may operate a little differently, so my experiences may not be the same as yours.

One question I have for you. Has your husband mentioned you going to "The Women Within"? That is the female version of MKP. The man who recruited my husband (actually his sponsor) spent a great deal of time encouraging my husband to get me to go. I can only suggest if this conversation comes up, you politely tell your husband you are not interested in going.

Again, keep reading.

Mankind project
Date: May 15, 2007 09:17PM

What2do, thank you for answering.
I have been reading as much as I can, time is at such a premium lately, (read on.)
Yes, at the graduation there were the brocheres for "The Woman Within". There were also women who had already been indoctrinated, in fact whole families! He has mentioned it to me several times. I have been polite about not going. There were also flyers about two different camping weekends. One, father son and the other father daughter. The daughter weekend is at a lake only a few miles from our home.
I start out "polite" about his involvement but we always end up argueing. He, saying that I am suffocating him. Last night he told me he was hurt because I didn't stand up at the graduation and say something nice about him. [i:839b07c9d7]Like ALL the other wifes did.[/i:839b07c9d7] Most the women who stood and testified were women who's husbands/son's/brothers, were new, but already had one or another FAMILY member who was a part of the group.
I printed out the Lakota Declaration of War (cutting off the top and bottom of page so web adress could not be seen). I showed it to him last night, thinking it may be a bit of an eye-opener for him. He read it all carefully and afterwards made the comment; " I guess the catholic church wrote up the same kinds of things when Martin Luther broke off from them." Then he told me about his upcomming I-meeting this Thursday and that there are 10 of these meetings in all!

This MKP is harrowing to me!!! Our family is having a hard enough time as it is!! I have the intense feeling and fear that MK is going to be the "straw" in our marriage.

We have two adopted children, both born cocaine pos. We adopted them late in life because we wanted to do the "right thing" and give these children a chance in life. I am 62, my husband 51. Our son who is now 16 has been to many therapists without sucess or emotional growth of any kind. The past three years have been a rollercoaster from hell within our marriage. Only a few weeks ago, I finally found a therapist who understands RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder.) These babies are left to lay in a crib, their needs not being met by the bio-crack/cocaine mom. He also has NO CONSCIENCE and is a sociopath. He has been masturbating in puiblic, and I found MY undergarments in his room!! This is only the tip of his iceburg. I am in the process of seeking residential treatment for him. I am jumping through flaming hoops of paperwork, phone calls and research and have a appt. with his therapist this morning. I am afraid to be alone in the house with him for any lenngth of time, espically overnight. ( I have found him crawling in my closet, breaking into the house to get on computer, stealing my things..and he was recently suspended from school due to misuse of school computers [/i]again[/i]!

Two weeks after finding my undergarments in our son's room, my husband left me (and our 12 year old daughter, son's half-sister) home alone with our 6"1" diagnosed "sexually O/C sociopath" son so he could go to NW weekend AND COME BACK TO TELL ME HE WAS GOING TO PROTECT HIS FAMILY!!!!

My husband and I have been through an emotional hell ride, trying to relate to, and deal with our son and each other. Although our marriage has always been strong we were expierencing problems.
My husband was ripe for the picking.

I don't know if I am emotionally and physically strong enough to deal with my NW husband and sociopath son at the same time!

Mankind project
Posted by: help_us ()
Date: May 16, 2007 02:30AM

Margie,

I really feel for you and what you are going through. Unfortunately your experience is not an isolated one. MKP is a very manipulative and conniving organization. They like to prey on men who are at their weakest, like what happened to your husband.

Please understand that when men go to the NWTA they provide much personal information to the group (which they then turn around and manipulate the men with,... but that's another topic) Your husband would have filled out forms with his personal information, as well as the personal information of his wife and children (including your address, names, ages) From your posts we can see your age, your husbands age, your children’s gender and ages, when your husband did the weekend and so on. MKP will easily be able to figure out who you are by this information. Depending on what your local groups are like, this could be putting your family at risk. Please tread carefully with this organization. IN MY OPINION they will perceive any outspoken statements as a threat to the group and to your husband’s ‘work’ and this may leave you vulnerable to retaliation from the group. I say this based on my own experience. Unfortunately I cannot elaborate on this for obvious reasons.

IN NO WAY am I trying to discourage you from posting, this board has been a wealth of information and support for many people, but please, please, please, be cautious.

Current Page: 71 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.