Current Page: 60 of 114
Mankind project
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 26, 2007 04:24AM

lp says.

Any real dirt ?

If after reading the MKP manual notes on this you don't think the group is manipulative and as the research points out problematic, due to its mass marathon training approach, then it's doubtful that this message board will serve any useful purpose for you.

Those who are MKP "true believers" will not be "convinced" regardless of what evidence is presented and will instead dismiss virtually anything as not "serious."

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: January 26, 2007 06:18AM

LP,

I would be very interested in knowing where you got your financial facts from. Saying "Hacking and Sleuthing Skills" doesn't mean very much. Additionally, what kind of finance background do you have?

Without wanting to sound too confrontational, I think your statements and conclusions are made up. I am more than willing to change my stance on that subject, but I would like more detailed information on their financials so that I can see for myself.

Your stated reason for being here, "for informaton and curiousity" is not supported by any of your other posts. Your opening post was a response to criticism against the organization that you had already labeled as "a bunch of guys just trying to improve". It sounds like you've already made up your mind about the organization, so why look here?

It would be easier to take you seriously if it seemed like you were being more honest about your background and intentions. As far as the money thing goes, post some relevant data and be honest about where it came from. I don't trust your analysis and I think your "Hacking and Sleuthing Skills" are completely fabricated. Do you know Karate too?

Mankind project
Posted by: CampMuir ()
Date: January 26, 2007 08:34AM

lp
I am not at all convinced about these serious injuries.

What is your definition of serious injuries?

I think there are plenty listed in this message thread by my definition, but I would like to hear yours as well.

Cheers,
M

Mankind project
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 26, 2007 09:40PM

To whom it may concern:

Lp has been banned form this message board.

Mankind project
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: January 28, 2007 11:42PM

Apparently the Mankind Project is linked to a web of spin-off trainings that are led by some of the same people. As was stated earlier, there is a training for women and there is also a training for Vietnam Veterans. Carl Griesser, the executive director of MKP, has published and sold books promoting the group's ideas.

At $650 per trainee with relatively low overhead, since most people are volunteers, I still believe that an analysis of MKP financials would support the theory that MKP is a cash cow. I realize that they are a non-profit, but it isn't hard to make "employees" a lot of money and still be non-profit.

Even if MKP is a true non-profit, it has opened the door to make money in a lot of spin-off activities. This seems like a pretty intricate financial web...

Mankind project
Posted by: ginah ()
Date: January 29, 2007 12:12AM

formerimpactgrad
Apparently the Mankind Project is linked to a web of spin-off trainings that are led by some of the same people. As was stated earlier, there is a training for women and there is also a training for Vietnam Veterans. Carl Griesser, the executive director of MKP, has published and sold books promoting the group's ideas.

At $650 per trainee with relatively low overhead, since most people are volunteers, I still believe that an analysis of MKP financials would support the theory that MKP is a cash cow. I realize that they are a non-profit, but it isn't hard to make "employees" a lot of money and still be non-profit.

Even if MKP is a true non-profit, it has opened the door to make money in a lot of spin-off activities. This seems like a pretty intricate financial web...

As well as their "spin off" group boys2men.

Mankind project
Posted by: CampMuir ()
Date: January 31, 2007 11:18PM

formerimpactgrad

At $650 per trainee with relatively low overhead, since most people are volunteers, ...

Even the "volunteers" have to pay to go to the NWTA weekends. At least, I had to pay $150 to sleep in a room with 8 others in a spring bed & plastic covered mattress that was probably from the 50's. I can stay in some pretty average motels for 3 nights and get much better beds and maid service.

I was staffing as a MOS (Men Of Service), which meant our jobs was to feed the staff for the weekend. In assisting with the food purchasing and such, the money totals for the weekend convinced me that MKP should be audited by the IRS for its not-for-profit status.

Cheers,
Mike

Mankind project
Date: February 01, 2007 12:36AM

If you go to the irs website, search for "mankind project" you get
The Mankind Project (Until December 2006) Nevada City CA USA --
The Mankind Project Castle Rock CO USA --
The Mankind Project San Diego CA USA 1
The Mankind Project West Allis WI USA --

Select the code and it tells you this A public charity with a 50% deductibility limitation.

Hmm, where are all the other MKP groups? I know in my state they use a completely different name so if you are trying to research them you never find them unless you are lucky enough to know what they call themselves on the "public record" forms.

Mankind project
Date: February 01, 2007 12:47AM

ginah
If you go to the irs website, search for "mankind project" you get
The Mankind Project (Until December 2006) Nevada City CA USA --
The Mankind Project Castle Rock CO USA --
The Mankind Project San Diego CA USA 1
The Mankind Project West Allis WI USA --

Select the code and it tells you this A public charity with a 50% deductibility limitation.

Hmm, where are all the other MKP groups? I know in my state they use a completely different name so if you are trying to research them you never find them unless you are lucky enough to know what they call themselves on the "public record" forms.

Here is what the irs site states

In general, what public disclosure requirements apply to tax-exempt organizations?

In general, exempt organizations must make available for public inspection certain annual returns and applications for exemption, and must provide copies of such returns and applications to individuals who request them. Copies usually must be provided immediately in the case of in-person requests, and within 30 days in the case of written requests. The tax-exempt organization may charge a reasonable copying fee plus actual postage, if any.

How can one get a copy of an organization's exemption application or annual information return from the IRS?

To request a copy of either the exemption application or the annual information return, submit Form 4506-A, Request for Public Inspection or Copy of Exempt Organization IRS Form. Mail the form to the applicable address listed below:

IF you want... THEN mail Form 4506-A to...
A copy of an exemption application Internal Revenue Service
Customer Service - TE/GE
P.O. Box 2508, Room 4024
Cincinnati, OH 45201
A copy of a return, report, or notice Internal Revenue Service
Mail Stop 6716
Ogden, UT 84201

You may also purchase copies of scanned Forms 990, 990-EZ for IRC section 501(c)(3) organizations, and all 990-PF returns on CD-Rom from the Ogden Submission Processing Center.

The problem with this is figuring out what MKP calls itself on the irs forms etc.

Mankind project
Posted by: feldspar ()
Date: February 01, 2007 12:04PM

notice who is on the board of directors about midway through the article.

[www.cultnews.com]

Current Page: 60 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.