Current Page: 45 of 114
Mankind project
Posted by: S_Byers666 ()
Date: November 29, 2006 10:17AM

skepticmd
I was considering going to an upcoming MKP weekend until I started reading all of these posts. Unfortunately, I had already sent in my $150 deposit, but not the rest of the money thankfully.
I also requested to join the ex-mkp yahoo group. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back from that group leader? I am anxious to read more and have as much info as possible when I tell the guy who "recruited" me that I'm not going. Thanks

Join the club. I just sent them my 100 GBP - they must make a fortune out of 'no shows.' However if they don't return it I will take them to court - and produce all the evidence herewith. SB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Date: November 30, 2006 12:09AM

RU?ing
bonnie
Then I found [b:5fae86b854]this[/b:5fae86b854] on the same "Boys to Men" website, on a page offering information about "mentoring":

It is amazing how innocent and tender these young men are. They are eager for this kind of attention and admiration from older men.

I'm not kidding. It's right there on the web.
What's up with that? Just a bad press-writer, or was it intentional? Bet they change the wording sometime in the near future.

Shocking - shocking shocking.

I'm not sure this, erm 'service' is available in the UK yet!

Oh my word. What next?!

I was wondering about the checks made on mentors.....

as long as you are a 'brother'?! Vicious circle of trust....

The text is still there at:

[www.boystomen.org]

Mankind project
Date: November 30, 2006 01:03AM

RU?ing
seedjoe

Well they aren't over here in the UK - I can't quiet work out WHAT they are, I know they are appealing against the UK governments decision that they cannot be a charity - thank gods! - we certainly would not be so stupid as to classify this as 'educational' - we still have literacy in Europe ;o)

This nest of hornets are here in the UK. They charge £500 for a 3 day weekend. They do their thing up in Stone in the NW. They are active in London and elsewhere. But think what you get for your hard-earned cash: a 'Trust Walk' naked, at night, in the woods, in the snow, with cold winds, blindfold, being hazed (physically assaulted) by the staff, with a death threat if you let go hands. And they call THAT education. What the fcuk is educational about that. This cult organisation should be banned - period.

Mankind project
Posted by: CampMuir ()
Date: December 01, 2006 12:29AM

S_Byers666
They charge £500 for a 3 day weekend.

That's almost $1000 by todays currency exchange! :shock:

Go get your money back before it is too late!

Cheers,
M

Mankind project
Date: December 01, 2006 12:40AM

S_Byers666
They charge £500 for a 3 day weekend. ...But think what you get for your hard-earned cash: a 'Trust Walk' naked, at night, in the woods, in the snow, with cold winds, blindfold, being hazed (physically assaulted) by the staff, with a death threat if you let go hands. And they call THAT education. What the fcuk is educational about that. This cult organisation should be banned - period.

(insert heavy tone of sarcasm)
Oh, well then you should by a plane ticket for a holiday in the US! That way you can waste a weekend training here are only $600 instead of $1000! :shock:
(sarcasm stop)

You summed up some good stuff about the weekend but there is so much more hurtful activities that go on. I'm post-MKP by 8 months now and still trying to figure out all the sh1t they did to me with the help of a professional doctor.

Cheers,
M

Mankind project
Date: December 01, 2006 02:37AM

CampMuir
S_Byers666
They charge £500 for a 3 day weekend. ...But think what you get for your hard-earned cash: a 'Trust Walk' naked, at night, in the woods, in the snow, with cold winds, blindfold, being hazed (physically assaulted) by the staff, with a death threat if you let go hands. And they call THAT education. What the fcuk is educational about that. This cult organisation should be banned - period.

(insert heavy tone of sarcasm)
Oh, well then you should by a plane ticket for a holiday in the US! That way you can waste a weekend training here are only $600 instead of $1000! :shock:
(sarcasm stop)

You summed up some good stuff about the weekend but there is so much more hurtful activities that go on. I'm post-MKP by 8 months now and still trying to figure out all the sh1t they did to me with the help of a professional doctor.

Cheers,
M

"MKP does more than just have men dance naked.

Prior to the naked brother dance there is a "trust walk." The men are told to take off their clothes (keeping them on is NEVER given as an option).

The men are then blindfolded and instructed to hold hands. The naked, blindfolded men then are taken outdoors, even in December and in the snow. They are told that if they let go of the man next to them that they will be killed. While the naked men are being lead through the woods, other MKP staff members are taunting them, poking them with sticks and slapping their rear ends with branches. I know this for the fact because, not only was I one of the naked men, but I also participated in taunting the men. Prior to the trust walk the leaders instructed us to wack their rears with branches, scream in their faces and do what ever you could to totally terrify them.

Believe me, it was terrifying. When I went through the experience, after 2 days of next to no food and brainwashing, I literally thought I might die.

Can you imagine what this experience might do to a man who was sexually abused as a child?"

THIS THEY TERM 'EDUCATION' FOR WHICH THEY HAVE APPLIED FOR CHARITABLE STATUS.

Mankind project
Date: December 01, 2006 03:49AM

S_Byers666

THIS THEY TERM 'EDUCATION' FOR WHICH THEY HAVE APPLIED FOR CHARITABLE STATUS.

Here is the states, Organizations with a "charitable" status are the least investigated by the IRS. The IRS has just recently taken some minor initiative to perform "soft audits" on Charity Organizations.
[www.millernash.com]
Cheers,
M

Mankind project
Posted by: ginah ()
Date: December 02, 2006 01:16AM

During my husbands weekend the slapping on the butt was not done with branches or objects, but with hands. They were pushed and shoved, slapped and screamed at as well and the "threatening" of death. From what I understood they were blindfolded walking through the woods at night, cold, exhausted, hungry, confused from what was being done to their minds. And were being controlled, yes, controlled at this point.

It is time the IRS got off their asses and started checking into these groups, they may find themselves getting ripped off. Whoa, don't let that happen, unless it is a non-profit or large corporation of course. We all know that is completely ok as they need their employees to harass average income citizens who are trying to survive.

Mankind project
Posted by: erin3246 ()
Date: December 02, 2006 02:52AM

I am a wife of a man that has been involved with MKP for the past 6 years. We just recently moved to an area where he could get heavily involved with the group again as there wasn't a "center" located near to us while he was working elsewhere.

I have attended a handful of graduations for "initiates" of weekends my husband staffed. Ironically, he is out of town staffing another weekend as I type this.

I happen to believe I'm a fairly open minded, intelligent person. I've been married to my husband for 2 years now and he has mentioned Woman Within to me on several occasions, but he has never "pushed it down my throat." I've been very seriously considering a weekend in Feb. 2007.

But I'm a very through person and I wanted to do some research before attending since my husband gives me little to no information about MKP.

Initially, I had a lot of issues with this because I feel as partners we should be able to share anything with each other. I've also found myself resentful because of his instant openness with other men in MKP that I literally have to beg for from him. But, on the other hand, I also respect that many personal secrets are shared on weekends in confidence and I respect that sacredness, as I would feel cheated if someone were to share personal things that I had said to them in confidence...

I'm most alarmed by the informational about nudity I've read on this thread. My husband has body issues and to think he would be open to that on a weekend while I have to constantly reassure him that I enjoy his body is revolting.

I also have a hard time with my husband staffing a weekend. We attend marriage counseling and I have spoken with my therapist about this. I believe therapy and self help is extremely beneficial and worthwhile, but I don't agree with the "peer-to-peer" therapy of the weekend. My husband has enough of his own issues to work on with our therapist, where does he get off on thinking he is capable of helping others?

I'm involved in the marketing profession- and I'm very educated in that field, but I would NOT feel comfortable doing therapy for someone else. I'm not a therapist. I know a lot about therapy, but I'm not trained and I believe it's dangerous for an untrained person or persons to take on that role.

I've also noticed that a large demographic of the initiates and attendees at graduations are Gay. Let this be known, I have no issues with people's sexuality, but I am an observer by nature. What about this program draws that demographic in?

My husband is not the only Warrior in his family. His brother, mother and one sister have all gone through a weekend...

I'm writing this thread, not as an opportunity for others to talk bad about MKP, but to foster some discussion with other wives of men involved in MKP. I'm still open minded at this point and look forward to the discussions that could follow.

Mankind project
Posted by: help_us ()
Date: December 02, 2006 05:07AM

Erin3246,

What brought you to the Rick Ross site to read about MKP?

I am curious if there were concerns that you have that led you here? If so, what concerns have you had with the organization?

Are you planning to go through with the WI weekend, or have you any second thoughts after reading up on MKP?

Current Page: 45 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.