Current Page: 42 of 114
Mankind project
Posted by: truthsearch ()
Date: September 10, 2006 01:25AM

andychee-

I am glad to hear that you recognize Mankind Project is not christian.

I am hearing of more and more people in 12 step programs being recruited into Mankind Project. I suggest you report this to the AA Headquarters. They need to know so that they can stop Mankind Project from taking advantage of men who are seeking to better themselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Posted by: witness ()
Date: September 11, 2006 12:16AM

Hey Truthsearch-

I think you're exactly correct- when I attended the MPK new warrior training- one of the things I was struck with was the [u:8a685471ed]staggering[/u:8a685471ed] amount of people who were recovering from something- be it alcoholism, being molested... whatever.. It seemed that they were recruiting from AA or other recovery groups... and recruiting [u:8a685471ed]heavily[/u:8a685471ed] from those groups... such integrity!

Of note- after my weekend they sent me the paperwork to sign up for monthly or weekly (I can't remember now) groups- I think they're the I-groups people mention here... (but I really can't remember now, been a while) But one of the [u:8a685471ed]first[/u:8a685471ed] things mentioned in the contract to join this group what that you will not take sexual advantage of a vulnerable man. Of course my first question was-- "what kind of a group needs a statement like that in the first paragraph?!"

But getting back to your post- I agree, AA's headquarters should be notifed that this group is essentially preying on men in the recovery phase... Once again, such integrity.....

Mankind project
Posted by: what2do ()
Date: September 11, 2006 09:40AM

The topic of 12 step groups is very appropriate for me right now. You know, my husband was recruited out of a 12 step group. Thankfully, because of what happened on his NWTA weekend, he did not continue with MKP.

We have a 19 y/o son who got involved with drugs 2 years ago. Been to rehab and all that. He also has many emotional problems, takes a lot of meds, has been suicidal in the past. He seems to be doing much better.

My problem is he is constantly being badgered at his AA meetings to go to MKP. He was once told by his drug counselor at a rehab, that if we would not pay for son to go, this man (his counselor) would pay. The pressure is on him a lot lately. Of course, he is now wanting to go. Numerous men have told him how he will finally be happy once he attends.

Our son has so many deep emotional problems. We discovered serious trauma had occurred in his early childhood. This came out at his first rehab. He sees an individual therapist, and a psychiatrist. We are probably looking at years of therapy.

I am terrified of what could happen to his emotional stability at one of these weekends. I am terrified someone will offer to pay, and we will have no control. I suspect, MKP, even if they knew of all his meds, and emotional problems, would accept him anyway. They never questioned my husband at all about anything.

My husband agrees, this could be a major setback for our son. He has told him now is not the time. Maybe when he is older and has conquered some of these problems. Yet, these men at AA just keep on. I wish I could get him to stop AA, yet I am also afraid to do that. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Mankind project
Posted by: what2do ()
Date: September 14, 2006 12:27AM

Could someone give me their opinion, or feedback on my previous post? He came home last nite from his AA meeting really angry at us. Said someone told him they could not believe we would not pay for him to go to NWTA. He believes if he goes, he can stop all therapy, and all meds. He was told by several men it will change his life completely, and he will not need that "stuff" anymore.

These men have no idea of the problems in his life, or the lengthy psychiatric therapy he has been on, and will probably need for a long time. How dare these men interfere in our life. He is only 19. If his parents do not want him to attend, how dare they feel they know what is best for him.

He suicidal thoughts come and go. Right now, he is doing better than he has done in a long time. My fear is a weekend with these men could set him back. Open areas in his mind, that simply are not ready to be opened. And when his psychiatrist is ready, that is his job to do that, not a bunch of no trained accountants, engineers, construction workers, etc.

I am so angry right now. Or maybe totally scared to death, I don't know which. He said if we will not pay, he will try to get a scholarship, or get another person to pay his way.

Mankind project
Posted by: ginah ()
Date: September 14, 2006 12:49AM

what2do
Could someone give me their opinion, or feedback on my previous post? He came home last nite from his AA meeting really angry at us. Said someone told him they could not believe we would not pay for him to go to NWTA. He believes if he goes, he can stop all therapy, and all meds. He was told by several men it will change his life completely, and he will not need that "stuff" anymore.

These men have no idea of the problems in his life, or the lengthy psychiatric therapy he has been on, and will probably need for a long time. How dare these men interfere in our life. He is only 19. If his parents do not want him to attend, how dare they feel they know what is best for him.

He suicidal thoughts come and go. Right now, he is doing better than he has done in a long time. My fear is a weekend with these men could set him back. Open areas in his mind, that simply are not ready to be opened. And when his psychiatrist is ready, that is his job to do that, not a bunch of no trained accountants, engineers, construction workers, etc.

I am so angry right now. Or maybe totally scared to death, I don't know which. He said if we will not pay, he will try to get a scholarship, or get another person to pay his way.

Does he have a therapist at this time that he sees? If so take all you know about MKP to your sons therapist. Tell him what is going on with your son, what MKP is, and how they are 'HARASSING" your son to do something that could be harmful to him.

Sorry for this, but, it is just another way MKP proves their inability to be "real" and "awake" to the consequenses of their actions in this world. I know what is right for you and you don't. Closed minded people. These actions towards your son is out of integrity.

Mankind project
Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: September 14, 2006 01:52AM

Your son sounds like the kind of person who should avoid MKP like the plague. (Then again, I would recommend everyone avoid MKP).

Really, he does not sound as if he is in the kind of emotional state to be put through the processes used on MKP and those processes are well documented on this thread.

MKP follows a format that is similar to so many other LGATs, as can be seen from these message boards, and there are too many casualties - participants, their families, friends, and loved ones - to not consider his going to NWTA a serious threat to his wellbeing.

Your son sounds as if he needs the help of a [b:277915d106]qualified[/b:277915d106] therapist, not some LGAT leaders practising a one-size-fits-all hypnotherapy/psychotherapy program on a big group.

My feeling is that he should also get far away from his current AA group too. Their suggestions are [b:277915d106]not helpful[/b:277915d106] and the potential for further damage sounds very likely.

Honestly, no one who entertains suicidal thoughts should go near a group like MKP.

Even people who appear to be in a healthy mental state can be thrown by a group like this.

Mankind project
Posted by: dsuper ()
Date: September 22, 2006 09:42PM

I have been reading all of the posts on this page for the past little bit and thought I should post. I am a man that has done this weekend. I consider myself to be a strong open minded person who is educated and aware. I did this weekend and I have had only positive experiences with this group. I have never been pressured to do anything that I did not want to do. I have not had any requests for money beyong paying the cost of renting out space to meet, I can assure you there is no profit happening in my community.

The cost for the training is daunting and other men do offer to assist men that they feel would benefit from the weekend with the finances. What I found on the weekend and since the weekend is that you alway have the option to say NO to anything that you do not feel comfortable doing. I have seen men on the weekend and in subsequent group meetings firmly and with conviction saying no to things that made them uncomfortable.

Also... I just wanted to ask those of you who have this intense fear of MKP and their work... why? So people are doing something different with their lives. If it works for them and they are happy then so be it. It is not for everyone and it does not purport to be. I just can't believe in the time that people invest in something that they have not experienced themselves.

Anyway... that is all I have to say. I am not looking to be attacked for expressing a different viewpoint nor am I looking for you to change your mind about the group. Just wanted to offer a little insight.

Mankind project
Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: September 22, 2006 10:41PM

I am glad for you that you had a positive experience at MKP, but it has caused many casualties. Look at how long this thread is!

Some people might be ready to experience what MKP offers, while others may not. Going into the first course, participants don't know what they are in for. If they did, some people would likely stay away.

Maybe transparency is a partial answer to prevent casualties.

A one-size-fits-all philosophy is not going to work for everyone. That means that attendees will be taking a risk when they participate in a course. Unfortunately, the attitude of "It will never happen to me" is not valid in this instance.

Not knowing the methods, the stresses that they will subjected to, many of which can be found in Lifton's thought reform requirements, means attendees face not just any risk, put potentially very dangerous ones.

Note that the most posts on Rick Ross fall under the category of Large Group Awareness Training, "Human Potential" Seminars. That, in itself, speaks plenty about the casualties of LGAT training in which the methods and exercises used by different groups are usually remarkably similar in their ways.

Mankind project
Posted by: ginah ()
Date: September 28, 2006 12:49AM

Also... I just wanted to ask those of you who have this intense fear of MKP and their work... why? So people are doing something different with their lives. If it works for them and they are happy then so be it. It is not for everyone and it does not purport to be. I just can't believe in the time that people invest in something that they have not experienced themselves.

You are right that I personally did not go to the weekend, my husband did, I have experienced MKP in the actions and negative changes in my husband post NWTA. Months and months later, he is still fu*ked up. NWTA sent a stranger home to me that was abusive and cold when he had never in over 20 years been abusive.

I have read the manual and many other items from MKP that have been shared by people who have been hurt.

I have made a judgment in regards to MKP per my experiences with my husband post MKP and per my experiences in talking with others and per my knowledge and ability to read and understand what I read.

I do not have to be smashed in the foot with a hammer to understand that it would hurt and possibly cause severe damage. ay? Wanna try it and see? This is how you do it, think about if smashing your foot with a hammer would hurt, then try it. Did it hurt? Did you really have to "experience" smashing your foot with a hammer to understand that it would hurt and possibly cause severe damage? Wanna try it again?

Mankind project
Date: October 05, 2006 12:40PM

I Have been a big part of mkp for 6 years now and I too have never been pressured to do anything I did not want to. All anyone ever has to say is NO. I have read this thread from start to finish and I see a man who wants to grow but his mom and dad will not let him. I have heard this mother say over and over that poeple keep talking to her son about doing this weekend. but I never heard her say once that her son did not have interest. I ask does he. I have herd her say I do not want him to do this but I wonder what he has to say..... as far as all your rumors and fears I ask you this. Can you step past your fear and let others live? I am open to all questions or comments....

Current Page: 42 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.