My story: Landmark Education, psychological damage and psychosis
Date: September 02, 2009 12:30PM

I wanted to share my story as Landmark Education are a truley dangerous organisation. I completed their "premier" program, the Introduction Leaders Program and thank god i didn't get to be a representative for them. They pressured me to madly contacting every person i had ever know. They make huge promises to con people into it.

I have nevered suffered psychosis until i registered for this program, and suddenly i'm think i have "special abilities" and am "extraordinary", voices in my head. A year later i am going through i very painful psychiatry progam, on medication with awful side effects and then suffered terrible depression as a result of leaving Landmark. They want to get into governments and we have to stop them. I believe them as a psychotherapy cult, that brainwashes you into think they are the only one's that will help you.

It's hard to put into words how terrible they really are, the centre manager in Perth Renee Andary says her strong suit is being "vicious", i say her emotionally abuse her staff members on so many occasions, with no feeling at all.

For the people in your life, it is impossible for them to explain to you what is happening, you've been brainwashed into continually defending Landmark and choosing them over what the people in your life are trying to tell you. Luckily, now i have left, i have people in my life back, and my an actual life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My story: Landmark Education, psychological damage and psychosis
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: September 03, 2009 12:40AM

psychological damage
I wanted to share my story as Landmark Education are a truley dangerous organisation. I completed their "premier" program, the Introduction Leaders Program and thank god i didn't get to be a representative for them. They pressured me to madly contacting every person i had ever know. They make huge promises to con people into it.

I have nevered suffered psychosis until i registered for this program, and suddenly i'm think i have "special abilities" and am "extraordinary", voices in my head. A year later i am going through i very painful psychiatry progam, on medication with awful side effects and then suffered terrible depression as a result of leaving Landmark. They want to get into governments and we have to stop them. I believe them as a psychotherapy cult, that brainwashes you into think they are the only one's that will help you.

It's hard to put into words how terrible they really are, the centre manager in Perth Renee Andary says her strong suit is being "vicious", i say her emotionally abuse her staff members on so many occasions, with no feeling at all.

For the people in your life, it is impossible for them to explain to you what is happening, you've been brainwashed into continually defending Landmark and choosing them over what the people in your life are trying to tell you. Luckily, now i have left, i have people in my life back, and my an actual life.

Thank you very much for sharing your story. Your experiences sound similar to other people that have been in the ILP program. I think also the ILP program was a small part of the investigation into Landmark Education in the 2004 French program, "Voyage to the Land of the New Gurus".

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: September 03, 2009 06:21AM

Landmark knows this happens to people who attend their seminars.
That is why they force everyone to sign their disclaimer.
Landmark Forum waiver [forum.culteducation.com]
The psychological damage occurs precisely as they outline in their waiver, so they know exactly what is happening, and exactly how they are doing it to people.

How ruthless and sociopathic does a company and its people have to be, to continue to hurt people like this, year after year, decade after decade?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2009 06:23AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: Lars Bergwik ()
Date: September 04, 2009 04:04PM

I am very sorry to hear about your troubles.

I did the ILP and the pressure to enroll people was endless. I had to write a list of 100 people and start contacting them.
That was "the game" in the ILP. Landmark calls everything games. Even when it involves danger that you will suffer a psychosis. Their respons will be that you probably shouldn't have done a landmark course - it is the sufferee's life and HE/SHE choose to do it - don't blame us!

Lars

Date: September 06, 2009 04:12PM

thankyou for your response. i can't believe landmark actually knows what they are doing to people. they try to control your thoughts all the time. i waisted thousands of dollars and hours of time with them. its all lies lies!!!

in ILP they really crack down on any other thoughts that you may have that doesn't fit with supporting their organisation. what gets me, is they say they train you in taking repsonsibility, yet they take no responsibility for any of the criticism, always just saying that it is false. a der, people aren't stupid, you may like to at least attempt to understand why the negative criticism comes out time and time again. idiots.

Date: September 08, 2009 05:02AM

(cross-post for future reference)

There is a recent book for professionals, that most libraries would have.
Cognitive-Behavior Therapy for Severe Mental Illness [www.appi.org]
It even has a DVD, with role-play.

In that book, it shows how there is scientific evidence in several studies, (page 6-7) that an increase in life STRESS occurs right before hospitalization for people with bipolar and mania, and also for people WITHOUT previous psychiatric disorders.
So its the extreme STRESS of these LGAT seminars, and everything that goes on with them, including triggering traumatic memories and PTSD, sleep deprivation, food deprivation, and dozens of other things ALL AT ONCE.
All of that massive stress for many days, is triggering severe mental breakdowns in people, which can lead to hospitalization.

They know this of course, which is why they have their release of liability, they know the seminar triggers hospitalizations and suicide attempts and death by suicide. Not only for people with previous mental health issues, but also for people who have never had a mental illness.
That is why they try to protect themselves.

Just triggering PTSD by these amateurs, hacks and quacks, would certainly lead to cases of suicide. PTSD is lethal, and triggering it like they do in these seminars, then just leaving people with untrained people, is lethal.
Once the PTSD pain gets triggered, it doesn't stop, and that leads to many many suicides, that happen rapidly.

They know all this of course, its in the disclaimers.
Their philosophy is, pay in advance, welcome to The School of Hard Knocks, and the malpractice we do to you, is your fault.

Date: September 09, 2009 07:20PM

Yes i think you are right about the stress. Also, at Landmark they are disconnected from reality.

They fill your head with all these "distinctions" that are not logical and require re-created whatever reality is so it ends up being a fantasy world that isn't real. They don't deal with the natural course of things, but provide "breakthroughs" that cause the nature of your thought processes to be damaged, in essence, i assert, brain damage. It is taking me a long time to heal.

Although Landmark say psychosis is only happening to people with a pre-disposition, i strongly disagree. Their courses actually cause the psychosis.

One of their greatest triumphs is that the "transformation" lasts forever, anything that changes your mentality forever is pretty damn obviously fucking with your head.

I'm studying Health Science so i know a bit about cognitive behavioural therapy, interesting what you're saying, thanks for posting.

Landmark seriously screws with what is naturally and it becomes damn near impossible to react, even "reacting" is considered not a real response.

Date: September 10, 2009 07:05AM

When Landmark says that only people with a predisposition go into a psychosis..they are LYING.
That is a lie.

Scientific studies are proving that psychosis are connected to extreme STRESS in life conditions right around that time in their life. And it can happen to people who have no history whatsoever.

So these LGAT seminars, like the Landmark Forum, are extremely psychological stressful, with sleep deprivation, and triggering of PTSD and trauma in people, and many other things.

They know that their seminars triggers the psychotic and mental breakdowns in people. It happen all the time, and for many years and decades.

But since Werner Erhard and his other flunkies don't know anything about healthy human psychology, and since all they care about is money and profit, they just don't care.
They literally don't care about all the people who get hurt and injured as collateral damage. They blame the victim, like every other sociopath.

Werner Erhard has been like this his entire life, from abandoning his family, to his own self-admitted severe problems with "lying".
The guy is a psycho, and so are his organizations.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.