Current Page: 2 of 3
Too late to help?
Posted by: Ether Dragon ()
Date: December 09, 2005 11:48PM

lightwolf
Ether Dragon,

That brings up a last point -- I would try to persuade her from signing up for more courses -- encourage her to take a break, don't go so fast, etc. While the "high" is working against you right now, the best thing going for you is that she is a "new inductee", and isn't as invested as many get.

Blessings . . .

-lightwolf

Thank you for your words of support and encouragement. In regards to the above part of your reply, I'd like to mention that is exactly how I started out. I thought it would be reasonable to ask her to step back, just until after Christmas perhaps, from the seminars. It was my first suggestion when the alarm bells started going off in my head and before I'd found this site. She absolutely refused my suggestion. She's had an amazing breakthrough and she wouldn't dream of stopping when she's seen the fantastic results - not for one minute. Not for me, not for anyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Too late to help?
Posted by: tywebb ()
Date: December 17, 2005 02:39AM

I lost my fiancee to Landmark. Her Mom has been involved for years, and they started telling me the only way to communicate was for me to go through Landmark.

When questioned about Erhard's background..they say" well..Jesus was a carpenter" Huh...? Are you comparing Jesus to Erhard..no no they say..just that they come from humble backgrounds. Truly bizarre stuff.

I wish someone would destroy this group. Take them down I say!

I hate landmark for taking her away.

I wish the whole damned thing would implode.

Too late to help?
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: January 17, 2006 02:07AM

tywebb
I wish the whole damned thing would implode.

The implosion has started. Offices are being closed in some countries. We have to be patient though. It is a slow implosion. I just wish something would happen in the US where most of their business is.

Too late to help?
Date: January 18, 2006 03:29AM

When I read stories like esther dragons..it makes me ill. I had almost the exact same experience with my fiancee. It's eerie how similar. It's like something is being dragged away from you and there's not a damned thing you can do about it. Trust me..I tried.

There really is no way to have a relationship with someone in LEC.

LEC should have to be licensed by the state like any other mental health professional. If they are practicing hypnosis or any form of group psychotherapy, they need to be licensed. It's total bullshit that they have skirted around this.

Too late to help?
Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: January 18, 2006 06:03AM

tywebb
It's like something is being dragged away from you and there's not a damned thing you can do about it.
Something is being dragged away -- the soul of someone we care about. It is very sad. When I read the stories of those who have lost loved ones to Landmark, including my own, I'm reminded of C.S. Lewis in [i:92427b87f3]The Screwtape Letters[/i:92427b87f3]: "An ever increasing craving for an ever dimishing pleasure is the formula . . . . To get a man's soul and give him [i:92427b87f3]nothing [/i:92427b87f3]in return" (Letter 9, emphasis Lewis'). This seems to be how Landmark and these "Human Potential" groups work -- keep stringing them along, making them always want more, giving them less and less, promising that if they take just one more course they will reach the promised "enlightenment" . . . , until they are left financially, emotionally, mentally and spiritually stripped, and they have nothing to show for it. The really sad part is that they convince their prey to be [b:92427b87f3]happy [/b:92427b87f3]to receive nothing in return.

The impacts aren't limited to involvement in Landmark. For the true believers, it becomes their life. In the case of my friend, her Landmark experience opened the door to a whole host of other New Age practices, which she enthusiastically dived into, until now she has a completely New Age life. This is her choice of course, and she subtly yet routinely tries to "enroll" me in it (in very clever ways at times) -- which I refuse. That is the one thing I can continually do. Someday, hopefully, the increasingly diminished pleasure will wake her, and others, up.

I agree, a [b:92427b87f3]real [/b:92427b87f3]relationship with someone is LEC is impossible, because there is nothing to share.

tywebb
LEC should have to be licensed by the state like any other mental health professional. If they are practicing hypnosis or any form of group psychotherapy, they need to be licensed.
I read in "Outrageous Betrayal" that the psychology boards in Hawaii at one time had required that [i:92427b87f3]est[/i:92427b87f3] seminars be supervised by a licensed psychologist and that Erhard withdrew from Hawaii because of this. I haven't been able to verify this. Does anyone else have info on what Hawaii did?

Too late to help?
Posted by: looking for help ()
Date: January 18, 2006 10:30AM

My loved one also is really involved in new age junk. A lot of it is VERY strange!!!

Too late to help?
Posted by: Wright_Again ()
Date: January 18, 2006 11:40AM

Years ago I fell in love with a beautiful woman that was involved with The Forum as it was then called. She was not too heavily involved with the Forum, but it was enough such that she put pressure on me from time to time about trying it out. I had at that time enough sense to not cave in to the pressure and sign up.

We ended up arguing a lot and it often ended up that she would "suggest" that I was in need of "getting it" via a weekend at the Forum. It was like she would create a crisis in order to point out my shortcomings as a person. It was her hope that I would "Get who I was".

Eventually, she and I stopped seeing each other, I quit my job and ended up being homeless for a few years. Needless to say, I did not handle things too well and also had a few other issues to deal with. I blamed myself for years for not being able to work things out and have not been able to function in a romantic relationship since then as well. I have fallen in love several times, but have held back when it came to crunch time so to speak.

For what it's worth, when I read about what others have gone through when a loved one has become involved with Landmark, it has made me truly realize that it was not, in fact, my fault for the collapse of the relationship. It's one of those things that I knew in my head; but not in my heart until now.

I wonder if the people that participated in Landmark sessions knew how much pain they were causing the ones that they love, whether they would continue on with the organization or really "get it" and stop.

Best of luck with your loved ones; I'm afraid you'll need it.

Too late to help?
Date: January 19, 2006 11:50AM

Her name wasn't jessica by any chance?

Too late to help?
Posted by: Wright_Again ()
Date: January 20, 2006 11:27AM

No, I think there are lot's of women out there doing the recruiting for them. It's probably a little more "refined" now than when I met the one I got involved with.

Too late to help?
Date: January 20, 2006 10:20PM

Yep...It's really sick and twisted that there are Landmark Sirens(I would like to use another word) out there that are seducing men with the sole intention of bringing them into LEC. What was done to me was bizarre to say the least. I blame myself as well for ignoring the red flags, but I honestly felt that this woman loved me. There was so much praise, and so many gifts. And then...the axe fell. If you are my life partner then you must join LEC. I would do anyhting for you, so you must do LEC for me.

And that's the mild stuff. I hate LEC, and I hate Werner/Jack and Howie.

Let's bring these bastards to their knees.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.