Is Landmark promoting self-healing?
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: October 26, 2005 09:33PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for testimonies, documentations or evidences that Landmark is promoting in a way or another "self-healing", if not in the Forum maybe in some of the advanced seminars.

If I can get some documented proofs that Landmark is driving normal people away from conventional medical treatments by instilling the beliefs that their diseases (physical or mental) are psychosomatic or created in their mind, this means their practice may put people's health at risk.

With that information, I could get the Doctor's association in my Province to contribution in monitoring closely Landmark's activities and perhaps even stop their practices altogether (I know for a fact that Scientology is on their watchlist).

Any input will be put to work.

Thanks.

Mike D.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: October 27, 2005 03:05AM

Hi Midonov,

While on staff at lanadmark I did get sick and I was at the receiving end of numerous coaching about how I was causing myself to be sick and how my inauthenticity was making me sick or that I was running a racket etc etc. They do believe that you can talk yourself into or out of anything including sickness but they will never actually say this - they know what would happen if they do.

I ended up in hospital and its only since then that I have managed a long term illness so that it doesn't affect my life... its not a racket or anything else, and interestingly I work full time and very rarely take time off work sick simply because i take my medication and follow what the drs say for my (according to landmark) "rackets and inauthenticities"

Sonnie

Posted by: dragonfly ()
Date: November 01, 2005 05:38AM

My aunt went to Choices Seminars in Vancouver BC run by Thelma Box, (Dr Phils old partner). She (my aunt)is in her 60s. While talking to me and my Mom about it, she told us she thought she was having a heart attack one of the days she was there. Someone from the seminar took her to the hospital. No, it was not a heart attack. Turns out it was an anxiety attack.

Posted by: MaidSauron ()
Date: November 02, 2005 07:39AM

I have been lurking here for about a year since I lost my best friend to PSI Seminars...same stuff as Landmark. This is my first post.
On the issue of self healing...this is by no means any evidence to be presented officially. I just thought it might be relevant to the topic.
My best friend was diagnosed HIV positive. He went without medical attention for two years, half out of fear and half because he did not have money for good health insurance. He did not want to use the insurance from his job since if he ever decided to leave the job, then he would have a hard time getting insurance after that. He wanted to make sure that he got really good insurance. Essentially that insurance would be the one he would have for the rest of his life after going on record as being HIV positive. He went to the anonymous testing clinic for his regular testing. His condition was deteriorating fast. He had low antibodies and a high amount of the virus.
he then decided to do PSI seminars Basic on the request of his boyfriend to help him through his ordeal. Shortly before attending he finally obtained medical treatment. The doctor put him on HIV drugs to keep the virus under control. He had been extremely distraught since he was diagnosed. He even admitted to me that he wanted to kill himself. He didnt tell his family about it until I convinced him to almost 1 1/2 years later. He was constantly under stress about how he was going to become successful in life now that he felt he was going to die. (He was 23 at the time)Then he went to PSI Seminars. All in one weekend, it seemed as if he forgot completely what was happening to him. He touted the benefits of the seminar like a religion. he even said that he had started to feel better physically from it. Then he went back to the doctor to get his regular tests. His virus count was down and he had more healthy antibodies fighting it off. I was so relieved and said to him "thank god you have medicine now."
He then told me that it wasn't the medicine that helped him, but the seminar had empowered him to cure himself. That we all have personal responsibility and the power to change our own lives.
We no longer talk. I rejected his new philosophy and he accused me of being "unenlightened". Even after I was the only person that knew about his disease for 2 years. I shouldered the burden and did not tell anyone. I was the only person there for him, (besides his HIV + boyfriend who gave it to him) He told me that he was going to be more successful then me becasue I will always be running a racket.
I hope to God he is not thinking he had cured himself and is spreading HIV to others. I am sure that is why his boyfriend gave it to him because he was convinced he had "cured" himself too. This has been the most painful experience of my life. And to answer your question, YES. If PSI Seminars (which is essentially the same kind of seminar/teaching promotes Self-Healing then I would assume that Landmark does too.

Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: November 02, 2005 10:49PM

Thank you MaidSauron for telling us your story. I can feel the pain behind the words. You are the one who is truly enlightened. Unforturnately, your friend chose to shut out that light. You may have found, as I have, that there is comfort here.

Your friend was lucky to have you as long as he did.

-lightwolf

Posted by: dragonfly ()
Date: November 03, 2005 03:39AM

LOL :oops:
please excuse my stupidity!
I don't know what I was thinking when I posted the other day!
I guess my mind just registered [u:cfb7a516ff]is landmark making you sick[/u:cfb7a516ff]

not the self healing part. silly me :?

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: November 03, 2005 06:00AM

in the forum i took, jennenrah the forum leader told a women
in our group, a young women in her early twenties that had
cancer that if she had joined up with landmark sooner she
never would have gotten cancer in the first place

u can draw your own conclusions from that statement.

Posted by: Dynamix ()
Date: November 03, 2005 12:05PM

At my forum they taught us how to cure our headaches. I didn't have a headache at the time so I didn't try the method, but I heard a lot of people's amazement at how the technique seemed to magically ease their pain.

They told us "your headache is just a racket, a story. If you seperate the pain from the story, your headache will have no reason to be."

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: November 15, 2005 12:46AM

Madeleine Houle, founder of Plein Potentiel en Action (PPA) seminar series in Montreal claims that she took most of her training from Landmark Education.

In her book entitled "Plein Potentiel en Action, Victime de nos maladies ou responsable de notre santé (victims of our illnesses or responsible for our health)" she writes (this is a free translation to English):

“ It is important to understand our part of responsibility... We are always shocked at the idea that a small 5-year-old girl is partly responsible for the incest that she lived. It is however necessary to understand that a small 5 or 6-year-old girl is responsible for her reality very as much as an adult is... Perhaps she needed to experiment shame and guilt about sexuality. ”

On audio cassettes accompanying her book, she says (free translation):

"I want people, using this book, to heal and to transform themselves. You have the capacity to do it."

In one of her seminar, she also claims the following (free translation to English):

"That's how it is during the seminars. It's incredible. Some people recover from cancer and from multiple sclerosis"

The original documentary about PPA (in French) can be found here:

[radio-canada.ca]

Can anyone confirm that Landmark Education promotes these same ideas. Any audio or written records available?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.