PSI Seminars and their Narcissistic Vampires
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: February 02, 2009 12:17AM

The first part of this post is from a PSI Grad. The second is a response for a PSI Grad who saw this for what it was. It reads like she’s a narcissistic vampire.

“PSI Seminars' vision since the beginning is 'World Peace, One Mind at a Time.' If ever that message needed to be heard, it's now. PSI is the OLDEST personal-growth education company in the world, and for a good reason--- Based on Results: it's the Best there is!

This was the best investment in ME I could have ever made. I learned so much about communication, stress-reduction, leadership, intention, goal setting, committment, contribution, and breaking through obstacles. I learned that I am NOT a victim to circumstances- and I am RESPONSIBLE for my experiences- and what I choose to think and do about things.

No outside force can 'make me' do anything... (nor can any 4-day class 'ruin' someone's life... that's victim mentality). The wars and strife in this world come from VICTIM and SCARCITY thinking (like a lot of what I'm reading on this website)--- and you're either part of the problem or part of the solution. I, for one, choose to think RESPONSIBLY and ABUNDANTLY. I am responsible for ME, and there are plenty of resources in the universe for everyone to have what they need.

As a result of taking this class (and all of the advanced courses), I'm married to the man of my dreams (whom I met at a PSI event), I own several investment properties, I have more liberty and time freedom and I have an enormous network of close friends who are supportive, loving, and hold me accountable to what I say I want.

I highly recommend this class to any professional/leader/business owner/entrepreneur to take themselves to the next level of success!

(I do not recommend this class to 'broken' people who are looking to get 'fixed'... this class is conducted on a very high level of consciousness, and, based on some of the reports on this site--- might be too advanced for some people).

Tiffany
San Diego, California
U.S.A.

Here was a response from a PSI Grad who saw this for what it was.

PSI Seminars/training (LGAT) should be avoided at all costs!!!!!
Hello Tiffany,

I was convinced by a friend who I *trusted* to take this training and it's frightening how both of you sound so much alike. I knew this person before they took the training and the difference is night and day. All this person talked about was how this training would change my life.....literally. I saw people around me putting the training before their own kids!! I don't see how this training is teaching them to be RESPONSIBLE for their lives?

I'm embarrassed that I fell for this scam and memories of the training make me cringe. I came to my senses after reading the 'paperwork' for the next level and finally realized that it's all about mind control and money. I would be paying 'them' to work for 'them'. I started to treat my loving husband differently during the training and looked at him like an enemy until I realized the problem was ME. I observed how ALL the 'trainers' looked so unhappy and were either in the process of/or recently divorced. It was the WORST experience of my life.

I called this friend and let them have it for getting me involved and wasting my money. Now this person will not even speak to me, because I didn't go to the next level. Guess I'm not 'advanced' enough to be a friend anymore. It really hurt me to the core that a friendship of many years was torn apart by PSI. How many people have you cut out of your life? Seriously?

Have you ever looked online to find the testimonials of people whose lives or loved ones were derailed by this type of training? Why do you think there are so many? Have you had family or friends who are NOT involved in this training look at you like you're crazy as you try to convince them to join? Are ALL of your friends involved in PSI? Don't you find that odd? How much money and time have you given to PSI?

(I do not recommend this class to 'broken' people who are looking to get 'fixed'... this class is conducted on a very high level of consciousness, and, based on some of the reports on this site--- might be too advanced for some people).

These comments are extremely arrogant and frightening. So you think you're operating on a very high level of consciousness as a result of this training? You think the training might be 'too advanced for some people'? So what makes you a brainiac? How does this promote your statement of World Peace by looking down at people? If this training is so wonderful, then how come people need to be 'recruited' by people they trust? My friend is brainwashed and lost to me forever. Now their main concern in life is to make money and recruit future brainwashing victims.

I hope one day you realize exactly what you got yourself into. I also hope you realize that you sound like a PSI puppet. Do you work for 'them'? Do you get 'commission'? Isn't this really a 'front' for Scientology? I think perhaps you're the one who may be broken and it truly makes me sad. I do not look down on you, so why should you look down on me or other people of this world? We are all the same and we're all connected.

Best heartfelt wishes to you,”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PSI Seminars and their Narcissistic Vampires
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: February 02, 2009 01:46AM

sounds just like landmark.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 02, 2009 11:36PM

No outside force can 'make me' do anything*... (nor can any 4-day class 'ruin' someone's life... that's victim mentality). The wars and strife in this world come from VICTIM and SCARCITY thinking (like a lot of what I'm reading on this website)-

Outside forces can make you do a great deal, especially if the means of influence is not fully disclosed to you.

If there is a scarcity of information about what is going to be done to you during a weekend, a scarcity mentality is appropriate--in this case, there is a scarcity of information making your adult and informed consent impossible.

Take a look at Philip Zimbardo's Stanford Prison Experiment. This was a simulated prison environment. Student subjects were randomly assigned the roles of prisoners or guards. They were told beforehand they were free to leave at any time.

But during the days that followed, the students assigned to be guards became more brutal, the students assigned to the roles of prisoners became more submissive and accepting of brutality and IN BOTH ROLES the subjects FORGOT they were free to leave.

Even Professor Zimbardo recalled that he slipped into the mentality and lost sight of how bad things were getting. It was only when his girlfriend (whom he later married) walked in and said things had gone too far that Zimbardo realized they had to end the experiment early before someone was hurt beyond repair.

Ironically, the Prison Experiment could not be repeated. The American Psychological Association revised its guidelines for experiments, making it impossible for anyone to ever do these kinds of experimental simulations again--they are considered too risky.

But what is considered unacceptable risk by APA researchers who recognize power and have seen and demonstrated how human beings can be affected by outside forces--these kinds of experiments, now considered unacceptably risky by ethical researchers who are accountable to an ethos of care...

are being done in LGAT seminars all over the country, in which the use of power is denied through language that is pseudoegalitarian--but conceals that there is an ongoing and nonbenevolent power imbalance--and that the entire thing is conducted using language that make it impossible to conduct any examination or discussion of this power imbalance.

When we use the 'there-are-no victims' argument, this lets the actual powerholder escape both accountability and scrutiny--and escape responsiblity for use/misuse of their actual power.

Does PSI require you to sign away your right to litigate for damages in event you discover afterwards you have been harmed?

No mental health professional makes you sign such paperwork.

Anyone who pushes you to sign such paperwork is refusing to accept responsiblity for their power and is refusing to accept responsibility for what they are going to do to you during that weekend.

Instead if anything goes wrong--you, the subject, get stuck feeling responsible for a situation that is orchestrated without your full knowledge.

To me, the two big warning signs are:

1) Use of 'there are no victims' or a blaming stance toward victim mentality.

2) Being made to sign away your right as a citizen to litigate for damages in the event that you are harmed during the weekend.

Anything that has a strong enough effect to do good can in some cases, do harm. Antibiotics have saved lives, but this does not cancel out that they can have side effects.

Just read the package insert for any prescribed medication.

If anyone says something is powerful and life changing and never harmful---that's baloney.

All things potent enough to do good can generate harmful side effects. And a responsible vendor will state exactly what the side effects are so that you can make an informed choice whether to do it or not.

Since many of these entities refuse to report their harmful side effects and shame people who try to mention this, RR.com is one of the very few places in cyberspace where such reports can be offered.

Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: February 08, 2009 12:33AM

corboy

No outside force can 'make me' do anything*... (nor can any 4-day class 'ruin' someone's life... that's victim mentality). The wars and strife in this world come from VICTIM and SCARCITY thinking (like a lot of what I'm reading on this website)-

Outside forces can make you do a great deal, especially if the means of influence is not fully disclosed to you.

If there is a scarcity of information about what is going to be done to you during a weekend, a scarcity mentality is appropriate--in this case, there is a scarcity of information making your adult and informed consent impossible.

Take a look at Philip Zimbardo's Stanford Prison Experiment. This was a simulated prison environment. Student subjects were randomly assigned the roles of prisoners or guards. They were told beforehand they were free to leave at any time.

But during the days that followed, the students assigned to be guards became more brutal, the students assigned to the roles of prisoners became more submissive and accepting of brutality and IN BOTH ROLES the subjects FORGOT they were free to leave.

Even Professor Zimbardo recalled that he slipped into the mentality and lost sight of how bad things were getting. It was only when his girlfriend (whom he later married) walked in and said things had gone too far that Zimbardo realized they had to end the experiment early before someone was hurt beyond repair.

Ironically, the Prison Experiment could not be repeated. The American Psychological Association revised its guidelines for experiments, making it impossible for anyone to ever do these kinds of experimental simulations again--they are considered too risky.

But what is considered unacceptable risk by APA researchers who recognize power and have seen and demonstrated how human beings can be affected by outside forces--these kinds of experiments, now considered unacceptably risky by ethical researchers who are accountable to an ethos of care...

are being done in LGAT seminars all over the country, in which the use of power is denied through language that is pseudoegalitarian--but conceals that there is an ongoing and nonbenevolent power imbalance--and that the entire thing is conducted using language that make it impossible to conduct any examination or discussion of this power imbalance.

When we use the 'there-are-no victims' argument, this lets the actual powerholder escape both accountability and scrutiny--and escape responsiblity for use/misuse of their actual power.

Does PSI require you to sign away your right to litigate for damages in event you discover afterwards you have been harmed?

No mental health professional makes you sign such paperwork.

Anyone who pushes you to sign such paperwork is refusing to accept responsiblity for their power and is refusing to accept responsibility for what they are going to do to you during that weekend.

Instead if anything goes wrong--you, the subject, get stuck feeling responsible for a situation that is orchestrated without your full knowledge.

To me, the two big warning signs are:

1) Use of 'there are no victims' or a blaming stance toward victim mentality.

2) Being made to sign away your right as a citizen to litigate for damages in the event that you are harmed during the weekend.

Anything that has a strong enough effect to do good can in some cases, do harm. Antibiotics have saved lives, but this does not cancel out that they can have side effects.

Just read the package insert for any prescribed medication.

If anyone says something is powerful and life changing and never harmful---that's baloney.

All things potent enough to do good can generate harmful side effects. And a responsible vendor will state exactly what the side effects are so that you can make an informed choice whether to do it or not.

Since many of these entities refuse to report their harmful side effects and shame people who try to mention this, RR.com is one of the very few places in cyberspace where such reports can be offered.

Well said Corboy.

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: March 08, 2009 10:05AM

Yes outside forces can have an effect, but I couldn't understand how I could turn on someone I TRUSTED so completely and listen to someone who was only a slick talker getting me to take these courses. This has been a nightmare.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.