Werner Erhard quote on responsibility
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: September 23, 2013 09:54AM

Werner Erhard quote on responsibility:

"Certainly if I couldn't take responsibility for the difficulties that I've had in my life, I would say that, you know, you'd have to wind up questioning the validity of the ideas that I shared with other people. If I wasn't going to live by those ideas myself, I should be questioned, and the ideas should be questioned." -- Werner Erhard

Transformation: The Life and Legacy of Werner Erhard. (2006). 62 total minutes running time. Quote by Werner Erhard from 45.5 minutes time index. Symon Productions, Eagle Island Films. Director: Robyn Symon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Werner Erhard quote on responsibility
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: September 23, 2013 10:08AM

ajinajan
Werner Erhard quote on responsibility:

"Certainly if I couldn't take responsibility for the difficulties that I've had in my life, I would say that, you know, you'd have to wind up questioning the validity of the ideas that I shared with other people. If I wasn't going to live by those ideas myself, I should be questioned, and the ideas should be questioned." -- Werner Erhard

Transformation: The Life and Legacy of Werner Erhard. (2006). 62 total minutes running time. Quote by Werner Erhard from 45.5 minutes time index. Symon Productions, Eagle Island Films. Director: Robyn Symon.

It is fascinating to compare and contrast that quote above with this one below from former Scientology Spokesman Tommy Davis, from an article in The New Yorker by Lawrence Wright:

At the meeting, Davis and I also discussed Hubbard’s war record. His voice filling with emotion, he said that, if it was true that Hubbard had not been injured, then “the injuries that he handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” He concluded, “The fact of the matter is that Mr. Hubbard was a war hero.”

Lawrence Wright. "The Apostate: Paul Haggis vs. the Church of Scientology". (February 14, 2011). The New Yorker. [www.newyorker.com]

also more info related to that particular quote, in another piece by Lawrence Wright:

Lawrence Wright. "Primary sources: L. Ron Hubbard leaves the Navy". (February 9, 2011). The New Yorker. Blogs. Newsdesk. [www.newyorker.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.