Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
PSI Seminars They made a zombie out of the love of my life! Los Angele
Posted by: X of PSI Zombie ()
Date: June 22, 2008 06:08AM

PSI Seminars They made a zombie out of the love of my life!

In Nov 2002, a friend invited my husband of nearly 30 years and me to a mysterious meeting. 'You'll find out it's about when you get you get there.' We liked this person so much that we went, more as a favor to them because they seemed to be under some kind of pressure to bring people.

I think I'm as smart as most anyone, but I really couldn't understand what the speaker was selling. When the meeting stretched into a second hour, I was bored and frustrated because there seemed to be no point and no end.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed my husband's expressionless face. He seemed mesmerized. Several times during the course of the evening, I tapped his hand with mine, attempting to bring him back to reality. Each time hee jerked as if I woke him from a dream.

Relieved when the speaker seemed to be concluding, I was anxious to get out of the room and go outside for some fresh air. It was impossible for me to hide my impatience as the room exploded with the noise of chairs being moved because we were instructed to sit in a circle.

Suddenly my friend's demeanor changed as they pressured us to join 'it' that cost just $500 apeice. With anger welling up inside, I said, 'I still don't know what 'it' is!'

The people who were sitting in our circle seemed to break into two halves. One half focused on me and the other half on my husband.

What happened next reminded me of the scene in 'Close Encounters' when the aliens took the main charecter aboard their space ship.

It was surreal watching them surround my dear, sweet husband and walk him to the back of the room where banquet tables were set up. Through stinging eyes, I saw him hand our credit card to someone who processed our payment!

As the others continued to plead for me to join, I nearly bolted across the room to stop the transaction. For the first time in our marrage, my husband snapped rudely that this was what he wanted to do and I was going to do it, too.

We nearly came to blows!

His good sense returned long enough for him to realize that absolutely no way was I going to be dragged into this what-ever-it-was.

My reluctance to continue to be a spectacle dictated that I allow him to sign up by himself.

The ride home was quiet, but my mind was whirling with thoughts of Christmas coming next month and spending so much money on WHAT?

That night was the beginning of the end of our marrage. There was nothing I could do or say to stop him from taking PSI's Basic and all the levels ending with Principia. Since 2003 he went to Principia twice, the 'Ranch' three times, volunteered for so many seminars that I quit counting, charged well over $30, 000 on our credit cards not including the transportation and meals. Like a converted fanatic, he badgered all our friends, relatives and his coworkers to join PSI. He took off work so many times that he lost his job!

And, when we could no longer make the minimum payments on my salary to the credit card companies, he began the downward spiral that resulted in his drawing out all our equity in our home, his cashing in his 401K, asking me to cash in my IRAs ... Today our house is being threatened with foreclosure and he's talking about bankruptsy!

I'm nearly 60 years old and he's retirement age and he gave everything we own to PSI Seminars.

Just when I thought things could not possibly get any worse, he announced proudly, 'I'm sending our grandson to the ranch in July.'

My ears were ringing and my mouth became too dry to ask how he is going to pay for it. I can only guess he was able to get yet another credit card. This will be at least the fifth or maybe sixth one he's opened and maxed out since this nightmare began.

During sleepless nights, I worry about our finances and uncertain future. I blame myself because it was actually my friend who took us to that meeting that fatefull night.

But most of all, I blame PSI because they tapped into some weakness they found in the love of my life ... they twisted him into some kind of monster who destroyed all of our tomorrows together.

As we signed our divorce papers in Mar 2008, I found the only good thing in this mess: We have nothing left of value to fight over.

PSI owns it all!

X of PSI zombie
Clovis, New Mexico
U.S.A.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PSI Seminars They made a zombie out of the love of my life! Los An
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: June 22, 2008 11:31PM

X I am so sorry.

Re: PSI Seminars They made a zombie out of the love of my life! Los Angele
Posted by: Enviro_Cop ()
Date: June 23, 2008 12:10AM

X
I am sorry to hear what happened. For what it’s worth I went through something similar. I ended our marriage before all of our money and possessions were gone. I am getting many calls from creditors looking for my ex.

The LGAT Discovery Training killed the personality of my soul mate.

I did find some comfort reading this forum and to know I was not alone, and that I was not crazy for not joining a cult to save our marriage.
Sometimes writing helps. There are a lot of people on here who will listen and offer support.
hang in there
EC

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 23, 2008 12:31AM

The time has come when some proper laws are going to have to be passed to set limits for these out of control LGAT groups and cults.
They have been able to advance their techniques so rapidly, they can take almost complete control of people who are suggestible very quickly.

Perhaps their waivers to damages have to be forbidden.

PSI Seminars is destroying so many people's lives.
How much further does it have to go before something is done?

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: June 23, 2008 01:06AM

thank u for coming here and sharing what has happened in your life.
after reading your post its almost like reading some kind of sick
fiction piece.

what gets me about your post is that our government does nothing to
let people know what they are getting themselves into. our government
is clueless and its supposed to be government for the people.

its hard to imagine that government will sit back and do absolutely
nothing to stop these greedy mind control people from ruining
peoples lives . at least there is rickross dot com

Let go your heart. Let go your head. And feel it now.
...............................................................david gray

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 23, 2008 06:55AM

The FTC and consumer activists are going to have to put some laws on the books to reign these maniacs in.
Its deceptive advertising and absusive sales tactics.

Its like the wild west, they are just running amok out there.
But they can't even stop bogus religions from tax-exempt luxury cars.

But PSI and LAndmark, etc, need to be held accountable for the damage they are doing...it really is getting worse every year.

Date: June 28, 2008 02:18PM

I just found out that someone involved with my ex-husband and his PSI group(s) committed suicide on June 1st. Claimed she "has her demons as many of us do." This woman killed herself after finding out she was scammed out of all her money, has nothing, and I mean Nothing!!! to show for it. She left behind a daughter and they're asking for donations for her benefit. This crap causes people to commit suicide.

I hope the PSI people reading this are happy. I'm sure they'll say this woman didn't take responsibility for herself.

I wish her daughter well.

Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: July 05, 2008 12:30AM

X of PSI Zombie
I just found out that someone involved with my ex-husband and his PSI group(s) committed suicide on June 1st. Claimed she "has her demons as many of us do." This woman killed herself after finding out she was scammed out of all her money, has nothing, and I mean Nothing!!! to show for it. She left behind a daughter and they're asking for donations for her benefit. This crap causes people to commit suicide.

I hope the PSI people reading this are happy. I'm sure they'll say this woman didn't take responsibility for herself.

I heard about this too. Her name was K*lly. The PSI guru's must love the fact that this woman committed suicide even after all the "training" she received at the hands of PSI.

Re: PSI Seminars: zombies and suicide
Posted by: question lady ()
Date: July 11, 2008 03:03AM

X of PSI Zombie

X, I am so sorry this happened to you. My husband became involved with a different LGAT (thankfully not as effective as PSI) and I understand the shock of seeing someone change so drastically.

I wonder, has the deceased woman's estate has considered a lawsuit? I have read that PSI has settled at least one lawsuit and wasn't there recently another LGAT that reached a settlement for wrongful death? If there is a good case, a lawsuit could provide money for her daughter and help expose, and hold PSI accountable.

Date: July 13, 2008 01:10PM

I was not comfortable with his new behavior after his return from PSI. It always felt like he was manipulated to believe the things PSI “taught” him. Moving out was really hard on him after I decided I couldn’t take it any more. I was so tired of trying to make ends meet after he would spend all our money on this PSI crap.

He had been my whole world for 20 years and he has built this fantasy about what's going on in his head, though, that he's the victim of a wife who gave up on our marriage for no reason. I guess I did give up. He makes himself out to be this innocent guy who just wants to play on the computer for stress relief, taking the PSI Life courses and I'm the one controlling his behavior. Some of our friends wonder what had happened and when I told them I came off sounding like I was a nut. Actually I wouldn’t have believed it myself if this had happened to someone else.

I took the time to tell him how I feel and how things were occasionally. But to no avail. I didn’t avoid telling him that I love him or that I needed him and wanted him. I told him I would support him with anything except for this. I wanted him if he was willing to treat me like I deserve to be treated. As his wife not as some PSI Zombie.

And yes, I can see how it feels like PSI IS controlling him. There were consequences to his behavior and losing your wife to a 9 hour a day computer game habit and internet relationships with his PSI friends/groups was a consequence to his behavior. He chose to hermit up with a computer and live with this PSI fantasy everyday and it was just too much. They are sad and lonely people little people who feel as if they had nothing in their lives before PSI and unfortunately he's on that path to his destruction. And even more unfortunately, I paid the price too. I lost my husband, my marriage and my financial security because of the choices he's made.

It doesn't seem fair. I either live miserably with a man who's essentially cut himself off from real life (IE me) or I live miserably away from that man and at least the bills get paid. Computerized foreplay wasn't my idea of fun and apparently I didn't have equal video capabilities to hold his interest.

This was the cost of PSI; MY MARRIAGE, My husband and our future together.

I hate divorce and I hate PSI Seminars.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.