Introducing myself and my expericense w/ LEC
Posted by: billie ()
Date: July 09, 2008 06:07AM

Hello everyone!

I found this web site from nettie on youtube. Some of you will recognize me as billybudd66666 from the comments on niss's videos, and if you've read those you know I am not here to in anyway promote landmark. Just thought I'd get that out of the way.

I did the LMF , the advanced course and SELP between 1996 and 1999. The "curriculum for living" as they like to call it. I did it for my job, the owner of the place I worked is still heavily involved. I wanted the promotion and raise I was promised, if I enrolled, so I did it. It's all pretty crazy to think about now as my life is so removed from that . So yeah, I was in a cult. I got brainwashed from a LGAT. It hurts my head to think about it now. But that's what they tell you in LM, you need to be complete, so I guess I'm joining the message board to tell my story to get complete. LOL

Anyway, reading through this board, there's alot of great information here. I just want to help people dealing with Landmark, be it a friend or family member trying to enroll or (like me) dealing with the residuals of being in the program.

~billie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Introducing myself and my expericense w/ LEC
Posted by: Sulalee ()
Date: July 09, 2008 08:25AM

Welcome Billie! I come here to be among kindred spirits and regenerate after taking all that crap at YT.

Thanks for being so supportive of my efforts!

I'm so glad you're here!

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: July 09, 2008 01:32PM

Cool. Always good to have another one join. Welcome along!

John

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: July 10, 2008 05:23AM

nice to have you here Billie.

One common feeling when you have been duped by a cult is shame. That you fell into their trap. A lot of exlandmarkers keep their silence because of that. They just want to forget the whole thing. Thankfully there are quite a few that comes here to discuss.

Landmark sometimes says that "the LM Forum is an experience you will never get over". And that is true for some people. I have an ex-girlfriend who suffered a border line psychosis during the Landmark Advanced course in 1993 and she is still having big problems. She has no job - lives with her mother and has grandiose ideas. I haven't met her for a long time but her mother calls me sometimes and wants me to tell her daughter to take medicine. She is probably in a manic state. This was caused by landmark - a lot of people suffer these consequenses and it is a shame that landmark is allowed to continue their socalled "education".

We need more people to speak out publically against landmark in all countries where they run their racket.

You can watch my videos on Youtube where I go under the name nisseberka.

I have gone public with my critizism about landmark because I have seen to much bad stuff happening to participants in the landmark forum. It is sad that I let them use me for 4 years but I receive a lot of "praise" for what I am doing.

Just keep cool everybody - don't let your anti landmark activities take all your time. It can become an obsession to "fight" them. Especially if you have lost someone to landmark recently and you want to "save" them. Usually people get fed up with landmark after a while and stop their participation. Then they may come back.

nettie/Lars/nisseberka

Date: July 10, 2008 06:20AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Sulalee- your welcome, my pleasure. One thing that really annoys me about lekkies is their offensive display of superiority. It's fun to put them in their place. The internet is a wonderful thing. Giving people access to information, LEC hates that.

nettie- What you do on you tube is invaluable. Because of you I am finally dealing with the resentment I have harbored for many years. I see how fighting with lekkies can become an obsession but right now I'm just having fun with it, again thanks to you. You do realize we are already "friends" on you tube? this is billybudd66666. I've been commenting on your videos for a few weeks now. (hehe more like "fighting" with navygolf98 and ziggy) They get very frustrated with people like you and me who've done the courses.

John- Thanks! Nice to meet people who see through LGATs con-game.

Posted by: amemg ()
Date: July 10, 2008 07:41AM

billie:

Thanks for posting to mine..
and thanks for starting this.. yet another valuable resource!

Now I need to go research you tube (unfortunately don't have a big dowload rate).

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: July 10, 2008 11:23AM

Welcome Billie!

It's good to see new people joining the "fight" against Landmark. I was in Landmark for about 9 months and really into the whole Landmark experience etc. etc. That is until I "woke up" and realized I had been taken by a cult!

Like Lar's said be careful not to let your anti landmark activities take all your time. I'll admit that from time to time I get obsessed with the "fight" and have to back off from it. Consequently I typically limit my fight and activites to this board. I like going toe to toe with Lekkies when they come on here. Usually resulting in a PM fight of sorts at some point!

Going after Landmark and telling it like it is on here has done a lot for me in my recovery. But I've realized that if I'm going to be effective at combatting Landmark I'm going to have to give myself some downtime to get fully recovered from the damage Landmark did.

But, anyhow, welcome aboard Billie! Glad to have you on here with us!

Posted by: pauker ()
Date: July 11, 2008 03:06AM

Welcome Billy,

And hello to everyone else here, and to those on the last dozen or so est/forum boards here I've perused this last week. To those who have not already seen my 'story' (sorry) on my 1st few posts, I found myself here after:

1 - Stumbling upon, then watching, the new Werner movie "Transformation" from my cable's On-Demand feature. This has been forcing me to look, 30 years later, and re-assess just what I DID get out of est -- and out of THAT, what was actually good or useful. Then came the hard part of seeing (again) where it screwed me up and seeing it even more clearly this time.
2 - At about the same time as #1, above, learning that my Daughter had just finished a Landmark/Lifespring ripoff seminar, and now thinks she's a Light Worker with instantly developed psychic gifts. (Hoo-BOY!)

I'll be hanging around for awhile. I'm learning a lot, can use the support, and can even impart a few things I've learned along the way, if it can help. For as Jerry Garcia so eloquently put it: "...what a long, strange trip its been!" Looks like its about to get stranger again. Sure am glad I found this place. Thanks to all.

Date: July 11, 2008 05:31AM

amemg,

There is some good stuff on you tube, but most of it pro-landmark. You might get some insights off those as to how warped the mind becomes after LM courses. One woman on youtube I think her handle is healthandwealth123 puts up alot of videos, if you watch any you'll start to recognize the jargon lekkies use. For me watching her vids makes me feel sick, but you will see the same language and mannerisms in her that you are probably seeing in your boyfriend. Maybe this will help keep in mind that it's the brainwashing talking, not him?

Zorro,

Thanks man. When I was involved w/LEC I worked at a place that about half of the employees had done LM and half had not. When I left LM I was still employed at the same place. There were MANY discussions "fights" in real life during this time for me, so being here online with anonymity makes it enjoyable because I can walk(or surf)away at anytime. Although maybe not as effective.

pauker,

1)I've been wanting to see "Transformation" but have been concerned it might be too triggering. I too just kind of stumbled back into the "conversation" (sorry for the jargon) watching you tubes on Scientology and the group anonymouse. Then I saw nettie's video: "Landmark Education Forum leader threathens to kill his wife" All of it came crashing back in an instant.
2) I am sorry for your daughter. One of the things that got me out of landmark was my boyfriend. He had done Lifespring (before we had met) and through our getting to know one another he helped me see what a scam these organizations are. Hopefully you will be able to help her in the same way.

~billie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.