Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
landmark lie?
Posted by: skeptical_one ()
Date: May 23, 2008 10:40PM

Who thinks that the lady in the video is lying about what landmark has done for her?

[www.youtube.com]

Look at the eyes and the lack of body movement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: landmark lie?
Posted by: Europe-girl ()
Date: May 24, 2008 12:34AM

Wouldn't call it lying, but self deception. Despair can do that to you.

Posted by: jp27 ()
Date: May 24, 2008 08:13AM

Tell me about it. My friend Matt has been in Landmark since 2005. He is a changed person.

He is brainwashed to the max. He became a intro leader in march.

If you don't take his word has gold he becomes very angry. I wish i could get him out of there.

Date: May 24, 2008 08:24AM

BTW everybody get this, my friend signed up his girlfriend for landmark this June.Gave it to her for a bday gift. Claims landmark will make them "the perfect couple". I wanted to barf after that comment.

Posted by: Sulalee ()
Date: May 24, 2008 11:42AM

jp27, your friend is probably a lost cause unless he, himself, starts seeing the detriment that LM involvement is causing in his life. Hopefully his girlfriend has enough sanity to see the BS for what it is and introduce some doubt in his head. My friend of 25 years entered LM and never exited. Feel free to send your friend and his GF links to anti-LM stuff on this site as well as on Youtube. There is the beginnings of a movement to expose LM for what it is, and it might send some red flags up for your friend. He might get angry with you for doubting what he's doing, but either way, the friendship will probably never be the same again.

Good for you for keeping away from it all!

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: May 24, 2008 01:05PM

I'm glad the lady is doing better. However, she is giving Landmark credit where it is not due. I'm also afraid that if she keeps relying on Landmark for healing that it will come back and she will not seek treatment and put her life at risk.

The things that she is doing in her life outside of Landmark, like the exercise will definately help her. A healthy body always surmounts a disease.

My own personal experience with Landmark was just the opposite. I was sick more often with stuff such as colds. All of the minor problems that I had that were annoyances that could have been delt with suddenly manifested themselves to a much greater degree, such as high blood pressure. I was told often that I did not look healthy and that I looked sick.

Since leaving Landmark I've recovered quite a bit. Landmark added enough stress to my life subconciously that my body started reacting to it. At least that is my belief.

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: May 24, 2008 03:41PM

jp27 - ask him if he would like to hear another view of landmark - To live life powerfully you should be able to handle all sides of anything - in this case landmark. Break it to him gently - if you show him my videos on YT he will probably react with "it is a lie - nisseberka/nettie/Lars is just running his racket on landmark - he is being opinionated...."

Slowly give him information that shows him lm is not all the good they say they are.

On healing - there is some power in really getting into the symptoms - I don't think healing of MS is possible -but you can heal pains in your body by becoming very present to them - it is a yoga technique that can do some good. They (lm) use that during the forum to heal people's headaches late saturday night of the forum. It works and seems miraculous - but it is simply a relaxation technique - it is also used to open the minds of the participants for further lm programming.

Posted by: skeptical_one ()
Date: May 24, 2008 05:15PM

I would also like to add that MS is a condition that can go into remission which means that there are times when no symptoms of the disease are present. What occurs among some cult devotees is what is known as post hoc fallacy i.e. this happens because of my involvement in x organisation. The lady may be saying that she is 'cured' because of the forum when she is really in remission. For a full description of post hoc fallacy see:
[skepdic.com]

She could just be self deluded (she could feel that people will find it hard to believe) or she could be lying.

Date: May 24, 2008 11:33PM

Sulalee
jp27, your friend is probably a lost cause unless he, himself, starts seeing the detriment that LM involvement is causing in his life. Hopefully his girlfriend has enough sanity to see the BS for what it is and introduce some doubt in his head. My friend of 25 years entered LM and never exited. Feel free to send your friend and his GF links to anti-LM stuff on this site as well as on Youtube. There is the beginnings of a movement to expose LM for what it is, and it might send some red flags up for your friend. He might get angry with you for doubting what he's doing, but either way, the friendship will probably never be the same again.

Good for you for keeping away from it all!

You are so correct. He is a lost cause.

I have shown him links from here. He thinks everyone here is full of it. He gets very mad.

It's sad that my friendship of 15 years with him is not gonna be the same again. He makes landmark his life and model and wants nothing to do with people with disagree with landmark. He has dumped other friends cause they don't fit his new life style.

Date: May 24, 2008 11:36PM

nettie
jp27 - ask him if he would like to hear another view of landmark - To live life powerfully you should be able to handle all sides of anything - in this case landmark. Break it to him gently - if you show him my videos on YT he will probably react with "it is a lie - nisseberka/nettie/Lars is just running his racket on landmark - he is being opinionated...."

Slowly give him information that shows him lm is not all the good they say they are.

On healing - there is some power in really getting into the symptoms - I don't think healing of MS is possible -but you can heal pains in your body by becoming very present to them - it is a yoga technique that can do some good. They (lm) use that during the forum to heal people's headaches late saturday night of the forum. It works and seems miraculous - but it is simply a relaxation technique - it is also used to open the minds of the participants for further lm programming.

You have been a great help nettie. I love your posts.

I told matt about you and what happened to you in landmark. He had a fit. He said you don't exist. LOL.
I should him a link to some of your posts and he still doe's not get it.

I will hang in there and keep reading this site and keeping trying to help him.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.