Is 'finished' an LE expression for 'dieing'?
Posted by: Vegiegardener ()
Date: May 16, 2008 07:41AM

Hello

Is 'finished' an LE expression for 'dieing'? As in, "she's finished" meaning "she has died". I heard this, said to a child, who was asking about their grandparent- it just gob-smacked me.....

Vegie gardener

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is 'finished' an LE expression for 'dieing'?
Posted by: Europe-girl ()
Date: May 17, 2008 06:10AM

I've been away from Landmark for some time now, so maybe language has changed, but I have never heard this expression used. So no, I reckon this is not typically Landmark. Being blunt is not reserved for Landmarkees. ;)

Posted by: nettie ()
Date: May 17, 2008 03:27PM

I haven't heard that either.

Posted by: Vegiegardener ()
Date: May 17, 2008 10:16PM

Thanks for your replies.

Posted by: elena ()
Date: May 19, 2008 08:12PM

Vegiegardener
Hello

Is 'finished' an LE expression for 'dieing'? As in, "she's finished" meaning "she has died". I heard this, said to a child, who was asking about their grandparent- it just gob-smacked me.....

Vegie gardener

Don't know about "finished," as a code word or jargon usage, but I'm wondering if they maybe replaced the scientological word/concept ~complete,~ as in: "Are you complete with that?" or "I need to complete with him." Werner Erhard adopted this from L. Ron Hubbard and used it in the same sense, that being one to indicate that the person with the ~upset~ or troubling concern has "processed" it or otherwise dealt with it to the point it no longer has any effect on the person's wellbeing -- has no more emotional charge -- so to speak. (Scientologists "audit" away their emotional problems, Landmarkers "process" them, I believe.)

Any recent Landmark participants still hear them use the word "complete" in this sense? I imagine they might have wanted to distance themselves from the more obvious scientological components of their ~technology~ (I do note that they still call it that).

Ellen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.