Landmark forum - should I go or not? // can be applied on most LGATs
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: February 28, 2008 05:10PM

Here is a checklist to decide if you should go or not:

- 1 Do I want my life to be thrown upside down? Yes/No

- 2 Do I want to be introduced to a new philosopy? Yes/No

- 3 If yes on #2, am I willing to have that philosophy to be implanted in my mind? Yes/No

- 4 If yes on #3, am I aware that Landmark (any LGAT) uses mindcontrol to implant
that philosophy into my brain? Yes/No

- 5 If yes on #4, do I know what mindcontrol is? Yes/No

- 6 Am I still interested in going? Yes/No

If you have answered Yes on #6 I wish you the best of luck...My recommendation is to wait a couple of months and
do more research before taking this dangerous road.

nettie
an ex introduction leader to the forum who enrolled a person who ended up hanging himself

NOTE! If you are a landmark apologist reading this- please don't tell me to get complete or some other nonsense. I can live with the the facts but will stop at nothing to prevent other people getting sucked in. So beware!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 05:13PM by nettie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landmark forum - should I go or not? // can be applied on most LGATs
Date: February 29, 2008 12:34AM

MINDCONTROL - Does Landmark and other LGATs really use that?

My reflections based on [en.wikipedia.org].

Milieu Control - Yes, Landmark isolates you during the Forum course. They "trap" you into the course room for 3 days
with very long days. You have almost no time to reflect on what you have "learned". You go home to sleep and go back the next day.

Mystical Manipulation seemingly spontaneous experiences are planned and orchestrated. Yes - definitely. The forum course is very strict in it's buildup - a forum leader does everything the same way even though he seems to be improvising.

Demand for Purity - Yes - Landmark makes perfectionists out of people. They call it impeccability. If you don't behave they tell you that your life will go back to its preforum (miserable) state.

Confession. - Yes, they call it sharing. Or "getting complete". You are forced to reveal your past "sins" and let them go. You are told that all your doubts when they try to get you into the next course is because your past self is holding you back. They can tell you that what is stopping you is "Your racket" or "winning formula" or what not.

Sacred Science Yes, they give you some warped philosophy which they call "technology"

Loading the Language Oh my - that's a biggie. They make up new meanings of existing words. Integrity suddenly has the meaning "being your word" etc.

Doctrine over person Yes - they tell you that you have to let go of your old self and behave like a landmarkian

Dispensing of existence Yes - even though they don't tell you that outsiders are lost you are encouraged to enroll them into the LGAT. They tell you to cut ties with people that don't support "what you are up to" while trying to create your world. That is - if you have somebody who doesn't want to do the courses maybe you should not associate with that person any longer. A lot of people leave friends/relatives/spouses that refuse to do the LGAT.

nettie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2008 12:35AM by nettie.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: February 29, 2008 04:31AM

Its interesting how the "stories" from Landmark are very similar to other systems, like Byron Katie, and many others. Check out the Byron Katie threads.

"Stories" are a way for them to get into your Belief System.

Control the "story", control the person.

Date: March 02, 2008 06:29PM

Are you still a Yes?

have a look at this, it takes 1 hour of your time. Wellspent hour I would say

[www.culthelp.info]

Date: March 02, 2008 06:51PM

Additional checklist questions;

- 7 Am I willing to risk being TRANSFORMED into a robotlike person? Yes/No

- 8 Am I willing to risk the possibility to suffer a psychosis? Yes/No

- 9 Am I willing to risk the possibility of becoming a jargon spouting landmark advocate? Yes/No

- 10 Am I willing to risk the possibility that I will loose my job? Yes/No

- 11 Am I willing to risk the possibility of estranging all those people that don't want to do the Forum? Yes/No

If yes on #7-#11 - go ahead! Put your signature on their contract where you sign away all your rights to blame landmark if anything goes wrong.

BR
nettie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.