How are people hurt by LGATS, what happens to them?
Posted by: Regularjoe ()
Date: February 27, 2008 09:19AM

Having read a lot about LGATS, it seems they are without question, a rip off. You pay way too mch money to have someone quote a rew cliches and scream at you. Big hug, we all love each other, now sign up for the next session. I'm clear on that.

What I don't understand is how people can be mentally hurt by these things. As a younger man, I had gone to dozens of "business meetings" that turned out to be MLM scams. Amway, herbal life, Soba for Life, the whole thing. Once I figured out what was going on, I waited til the end of the presentation and split.

Do the LGATS wear down a persons resistance somehow? Is it a group dynamic thing? I just don't undersand why it would be a trauma?

I saw that video on youtube by that poor woman who went to landmark and she looked like she had been kidnapped by bigfoot or something. It's heartbreaking. Why did it happen?

Help me undersand how the "mindgames" work.

Regular Joe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How are people hurt by LGATS, what happens to them?
Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: February 28, 2008 08:56AM

I'm only familiar with PSI Seminars; here are some of the other threads that might explain further. Sit down for a long read.

[forum.culteducation.com]

You might have to copy and paste these into your bowser as they didn't show up as a link.

Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: March 01, 2008 11:26AM

Wait until you have lived it Joe. I've been dealing with the aftereffects of the ex-wife for the past five years because of her involvement with PSI seminars.

The ex-wife comes into and out of our lives so often I can't keep the dates straight anymore. And the problems continue to grow.

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: March 02, 2008 08:02AM

LGAT's basically destroy a persons sense of self and individuality. They put you on a mental high without the use of drugs. It isn't a good high though. People become addicted to the LGAT and it's philosphy which causes them to alienate from their friends and family. It also creates an inability to "think" in the individual. Slows down mental processes and overall ability to react. People start living in a reality that is LGAT centered that can not correlate with the world atlarge. The group has total control of the individual without him or her knowing it. Many times after intense sessions people are in a "Zombie like" state and not capaple of fully functioning at an effective level. The affects can be varied and can be different from individual to individual, mental and physical health problems can and do occur.

If a person eventually comes to a relization of what is going on and leaves the LGAT they will in most cases require the care of a mental health professional due to depression and anxiety. Some people recover other don't. Many times the persons life as they know it will have been totally destroyed. Also the LGAT will harass the individual in a passive agressive way. They will call the person often and send them mail asking them to attend seminars and events.

I know these things to be true because I was in an LGAT called Landmark Education and those some of my experiences as well as the experiences of others. Nothing, and I mean nothing, ever good comes from an LGAT. They take common sense, grind it up, and turn it into bullshit.

If you want to know more just read the posts here on Rick Ross. You'll be able to get a good picture of what goes on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.