Current Page: 36 of 55
Re: Royal Way/Jacumba/Ranch/Michael Gottlieb
Posted by: daniel asher ()
Date: July 23, 2008 02:58AM

Are there any former members of Royal Way who are willing to talk to me? I am a writer/filmmaker and concerned friend of some RW members. Thank you, Daniel Asher.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2008 07:55AM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 23, 2008 07:57AM

daniel asher:

Please do not post email addresses.

Didn't you read the rules.

There is a private messaging system.

If people want to private message you they can do that, or you can just discuss whatever here on the thread.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 23, 2008 10:32AM

Here is also a common sense heads-up.

There have been some very ugly tactics used by Royal Way in this thread against who they thought were former members, so one would be wise to be cautious when being approached by anyone looking for a private conversation.

Why not just post the questions right here in the open?
Royal Way does not need more secrecy, that is the problem.

Just post the Q & A right here. More cloak and dagger stuff is not going to help anyone.
This appears to be the only place on the internet to discuss Royal Way.
Every single other comment on the Internets, appears to have been "disappeared" by the Royal Way internet sweep team. They have gone and had removed every reference to Royal Way, bad, good, or neutral.

That is very bizarre behavior.

Date: July 24, 2008 03:59AM

Thank you Moderator and Anticult. I am new to this forum and thoroughly creeped out by all I have read. I have poured over all the previous posts. I guess my main question is -- just how sinister is this place? I understand that Michael is amassing a lot of land and possible wealth, and has somehow duped a large number of otherwise-intelligent people into thinking he is helping them. Does it go further than that? I ask because the two women I have met in RW are very attractive. I have read a few posts of people disrobing in front of Michael. I can't help wondering if there is a sexual component of this place as well. Are more members female than male? I can't shake off the feeling that something even more weird than already posted is going on, but maybe I'm reading too much into it. Any insight would be appreciated.

Posted by: kuriouskat ()
Date: July 24, 2008 05:59AM

The members I know are all couples, either close to or over age 40. They all have kids. From what I understand, they do not bring the kids to the ranch. I asked one of the kids once who the picture is of and they said something like mommy's yoga instructor--so I'm pretty sure they aren't including the kids YET. The people I know in this cult are all attractive, intelligent, and wealthy. They are far enough into this that they let the retreats and such interfere with family life, and will even schedule retreats and classes over family obligations! I find the ones in this a little difficult to get along with lately as well. They act somewhat elite and talk down to others. It seems like they don't realize they are doing that, and it is very annoying. I wish there were more information on this, as they don't seem the slightest bit concerned with info we have given them off this messageboard.

Date: July 24, 2008 06:14AM

Exact description of the people I know as well. Does anyone have any idea how many members there are of RW?

Re: Royal Way/Jacumba/Ranch/Michael Gottlieb, sexual issues
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 24, 2008 07:14AM

There are a lot of warning signs with this group.

One that appears right in this thread, is the type of ugly threatening language used towards who they perceive is "Judas", and the comments made previously in this thread by "Paprika" which may well have been the Leader of this group.

The other is the extreme secrecy. They literally have gone and had every post that mentions Royal Way removed either from the various websites in question, or from the main internet search engines.
That is extremely bizarre, to go and have even tiny little comments removed.

Obviously, this group focusses on person to person recruiting, and does not want any old riff-raff to even know they exist. So they appeal to an Elitist type of mentality, for sure.

They tried to have this thread removed, and if it had been removed, then Royal Way would be unknown.

Royal Way clearly gets into sexual matters, as one can read even in that letter from Michael when they are talking about orgasms, and things of that nature. How far does that go?

People who have that information could post it here anonymously, in a way that does not embarrass anyone directly, but gets some information out to the public, so people know what they are getting into. People have every right to know what is in store for them.

Posted by: digmydog ()
Date: August 20, 2008 04:06AM

I can't believe I've finally found something about "Jacumba"! I've had so many questions for so long.

I went to one of their "weekends" way back in 1989 or so...part of it was pretty neat, and part of it was pretty weird. It has always been a mystery to me as who the heck "Michael" was. He said something that freaked me out right after one of the closed eyed meditations. I was young and shy so I never confronted him to find out what exactly he meant. He was VERY intimidating to me at the time. Ever since then what he said to me has haunted me. I wanted to know what his background was and how on earth he could ever pull such a conclusion about my character from just looking at my face. I'm not kidding: He looked right at me and said, "you are a destroyer"...he said this in front of everyone. I froze.

I was invited to go by my boyfriend at the time who had been a member for several years. He'd have me fly from northern ca to visit only to have to stay by myself in his house while he spent the whole of Saturday at "the ranch". What?!? There were other things too. I could go into them now but that's not as important or interesting as "Michael"

During dinner Michael was served first at the table and all the servers (who happen to be women wearing peasant like long skirts and hair bandanas like the amish...kind of...this stuck me as odd). All the food was brought to him first in big family style serving bowls. After he served himself we were allowed to partake. We were instructed NOT to talk to Michael. No kidding. We're all sitting there at this long picnic style table with Michael at the head of it...and no talking to him...like we weren't good enough. One guy didn't get it, and started to talk to Michael. He got told very quickly to stop. I find that totally socially weird, and rude. He should have his dinner by himself if he doesn't want to be spoken to. I think he was there to listen to all of our conversations. Why? I don't know...curiosity?

After the "weekend" they started sending me the "letters". I found them a chore to read, therefore, pretty much just tossed them when I would get them. I was young though, so perhaps they were just wasted on me.

The weirdest part: While getting ready to sit down for dinner I spotted a woman that I had gone on a double date with the prior weekend. We went with our respective boyfriends to the theater (they were all memebers)...she was so nice and friendly during our outting, but acted as though she never met me when I said "hello" to her during the weekend. she out and out ignored me. I was crushed. After the weekend my boyfriend told me that the servers are not allowed to interact with the participant's of the "weekend". What?!? Why? Sounded so cold and aloof to me. Nothing like I am.

What we actually did during the weekend at times was pretty fun. Some cool meditation that was really intresting to me because I had never gone on such a mental journey like that. We did other things that I have since learned are pretty common in situations like that...we did "processes"...like leading a blindfolded partner up a mountain...some rituals that remind me somewhat of what is done at Burningman...I kind of dug somew of the activities. The people that attended with me all seemed to be very nice people too.

Lot's of secrecy...that's for sure. I can't see how anyone could possibly have a relationship with anyone in Jacumba (Royal Way) that is not in the group too. It's what pretty much put a wedge in our relationship.

I could go on...but I'll stop here

Posted by: Popcorn ()
Date: August 26, 2008 03:10AM

My sister has been a part of this cult for years. She’s a smart girl, makes good money, and I just don’t understand what she gets from it. She is rarely a part of family get togethers and everything is on her terms. She makes no excuses and feels no regrets (at least she never shows it). No guilt. Actually feeling “no guilt” is something she’s very proud of. But I know deep down she struggles with it. Michael has trained her well, but he’s not God. I pray for her soul which has become hardened. Someday, I hope she has the courage to leave. Will it all fall apart when Michael dies? Do they have a successor planned? It’s just a matter of time. I’m sad and angry yet I feel it’s important to keep the communication open and love her even though it seems she doesn’t care. I’m a Christian and my God, the creator of the universe…… and the one who formed her…. is able to break these ties.

Posted by: outbroker ()
Date: August 26, 2008 05:08AM

Haven't seen it covered in any East Coast media. Looks like a good subject for NJEsq, a news/feature magazine/newspaper in NJ, which I understand is just starting publishing. I'll pass it along.
Bob

Current Page: 36 of 55

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.