Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 27, 2007 02:12AM

See [www.culteducation.com]

This may be helpful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Royal Way/Jacumba/Ranch/Michael - Need Info
Posted by: Nietzsche ()
Date: June 27, 2007 02:17AM

Thank you for the Information. I'd also like to gather any and all information I can about this particular group. Any help from the Forum readers would be VERY helpful.

Thank you again to all.

Date: June 27, 2007 02:32AM

INTERESTING NOTE:
John D. Zemaneck is listed, in minutes from the Culver City Committee on Permits and Licenses, as the "VP of Royal Way/Jacumba"

[www.culvercity.org]

Date: June 27, 2007 03:54AM

"Incidently, the original name of this cult was Jacumba, however after a young man commited suicide after his first and last retreat, Michael went into hiding for a while only to reemerge with a new name, royal way. "

A While ago, someone made this claim.... is there any supporting evidence to this fact? Can anyone confirm or deny it?

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 27, 2007 06:52AM

It appears the concerns and complaints swirling around JACUMBA/ROYAL WAY are escalating.

Nietzsche: do you have any information about how much money is going into Royal Way? Would you care to elaborate in a general way about your concerns?

The public information from the Culver City public records has some interesting information about a private "birthday party". An excerpt is posted below.

[www.culvercity.org]

LECTURE/LIMITED TIME PERFORMANCE

Ratification of the approval for permit given on February 23, 2007 [...] to John Zemanek, VP, JACUMBA/ROYAL WAY, to conduct a private birthday dinner and celebration, by invitation only, on Saturday, February 24, 2007, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., at [...] Applicant has provided a copy of their letter of determination as a tax-exempt entity from the Internal Revenue Service. [...] This is their first application for permit.

Date: June 27, 2007 07:03AM

I do know that the general information given in previous posts is correct. Members are encouraged to participate in all aspects of the organization and indeed, there is a flow of money from members to the structure.
The above request for a permit is for the Patron's Party (Michael's Birthday Celebration) which was attended by several people I know personally.

I am attempting to uncover as much information as possible in order to best assess this situation. In doing so, I have found the above request (Culver City Permit info) and the following Los Angeles Times article, which I found quite interesting. (I am hoping the link will work, if it does not, please feel free to tell me and I will attempt to fix it.
[proquest.umi.com]

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 27, 2007 11:31AM

The link doesn't work. You could just post relevant excerpts from the article in this thread, for research purposes.

Nietzsche
the following Los Angeles Times article, which I found quite interesting. (I am hoping the link will work, if it does not, please feel free to tell me and I will attempt to fix it.

Date: June 27, 2007 11:44AM

Local News in Brief Religious Group Sued Over Gay Bias:[Home Edition]
Los Angeles Times (pre-1997 Fulltext). Los Angeles, Calif.:Mar 10, 1989.

Publication title: Los Angeles Times (pre-1997 Fulltext). Los Angeles, Calif.: Mar 10, 1989. pg. 2
Source type: Newspaper
ISSN: 04583035
ProQuest document ID: 66415617

Document URL: [proquest.umi.com]

Full Text (239 words)
(Copyright, The Times Mirror Company; Los Angeles Times 1989all Rights reserved)

A 33-year-old North Hollywood sales executive has sued a Westwood spiritual foundation for allegedly refusing to allow him to go on a retreat because foundation officials found out that he had tested positive for human immunodeficiency virus, which can lead to AIDS. The lawsuit, filed in Santa Monica Superior Court, is apparently the first in the state to challenge a refusal of service in a situation that does not involve physical contact.

Mark Gittelson contended that a representative of the Jacumba Foundation phoned him four days before the October retreat at a ranch in the Victorville area, and told Gittelson that he could not participate because there was no time to notify others of his health status.

"This case presents the new question of whether or not a business may discriminate if it fears a negative reaction by customers to the presence of a person who is perceived to have AIDS," said Gittelson's attorney, Gloria Allred. The suit seeks an injunction prohibiting Jacumba from barring Gittelson from its events. At the Jacumba office, a man who identified himself as foundation head Michael Gottlieb said the group is a church and "it's against our religious principles to foster or support homosexuality."

Allred declined to comment on Gittelson's sexual orientation, but said, "Whether he is or isn't (homosexual), to discriminate against him because they thought he was is unlawful."

[Illustration]
PHOTO: Gittelson with attorney Allred. / TONY BARNARD / Los Angeles Times

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 27, 2007 09:44PM

Nietzsche:

Please email me the full text version of this article.

Posted by: stop rw ()
Date: June 28, 2007 03:08PM

The story of the suicide is very much true. The young man had attended a "retreat". The change of name to "Royal Way" from "jacumba" indeed took place thereafter. The young man was in his early twenties. The leader of this cult :twisted: holds these poor souls by their throat and their pockets.
He has an amazing power, influence, and control over his followers. Lets hope this cult has a better ending than Jonestown

Current Page: 29 of 55

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.