Current Page: 24 of 55
Royal Way/Jacumba/Ranch/Michael - Need Info
Posted by: Freemind ()
Date: February 26, 2007 05:30PM

A close relative has been a member of RW for years. She spends a lot of time at the ranch donating her time and attends the night classes in W. Los Angeles. The family was naturally concerned with her involvement in RW since at first glance we assumed it had the sound of a cult like group. Her parents were concerned with the centrality of Michael “the teacher,” and the tremendous influence he seemed to have over my relative. It appears that her involvement with RW has really been a positive catalyst in her life over the last 6+ years which seems to have given the family some sigh of relief about her involvement in the group. She seemed to be more “focused” overall, and made smarter and more productive decisions. She gave up her substance abuse (heavy drinking) and took life more seriously.

Over the years this relative has pursued many of us in attempting to get us up to the ranch for a retreat. We have met some of her RW friends, and they seemed to be nice enough people, if not a little strange (which might just be the fact that we do not know them very well).

What started to disturb us is that we began to discover the large amount of money she has spent on the group. We estimate based on conversations with her that she has donated/given more than seventy five thousand dollars over the last six years. As time goes on she spends more and more time up at the ranch doing “service” work and participating in retreats and parties with more and more money flowing to RW.

Many might imagine that the money she has spent has been well worth the overall benefit that has come to her. However, it appears odd that over time, her conversations have become more centered on what Michael has to say about this subject or that subject. She loves to expound on all sorts of mystical and meditative ideas which frankly seem to be a repetition of something she has learned from one of her spiritual classes. She just doesn’t seem to be thinking for herself anymore.

After all this time, RW just seems to be cult like as far as I see it. I am no expert, and my goal is to make those considering a path to RW to think twice before jumping in.

Despite the positive effects on her life, no one should need to donate so much money for spiritual benefit and “teachings.” Money and spirituality never seemed make sense together as far as I see it. If it walks like a cult, smells like a cult, acts like a cult…you can figure out the rest.

Freemind

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cult-ivator ()
Date: March 08, 2007 02:09AM

withone,
Do you know the date and time of this big patron party? Does someone check each guests credentials before letting them in, or could a person just arrive and blend in? :lol:

Posted by: withone ()
Date: March 09, 2007 11:34AM

I don't remember the exact date of patrons day, it’s either 26th or 28th of February.

I highly doubt that anyone can just walk-in or sneak into this party, and I'm pretty sure that Michael makes sure that nobody fresh gets in. Remember, this is not your typical social gathering. The whole night is filled with pretentious events and archaic language. Someone fresh trying to rub elbow with these people will probably spend their time shivering in fear or anger all night.
Michael understands this very well, you can't just plop somebody into situation/events like this and expect them to enjoy it. The fresh ones need to go through a level of psychological priming (aka brainwash), they need to convince them self that its all worth it, as long as its for Michael.

Side note to Michael:
Come on Michael, I'm saying all these great things about you, and you're going to give me the silent treatment? I know you're a great listener Mike, I see many of your eyes and ears walking around LA.
Just remember, no matter how many great ideas and beliefs you fill your followers head with, they will always be the curious human beings that you wish they weren't. Later...

Posted by: scoobydoobie ()
Date: March 23, 2007 09:13AM

my wife went to the orientation at the ranch after being asked periodically for a year by her employer and his wife, who were probably members of michael's upper echelon of devotees. She brought back pictures and a map of the compound all of which i wish i still had. She also brought back a big rock that was painted gold and she said there were piles of them probably significant to some symbolic place of meditation - now it's in my backyard. My wife's employers sent their son to live at the ranch for a long time. I wonder if they are at all happy. We used to recieve letters from the ranch in the mail for about a year or two. I think i only read one or two but found the writing to be dull, maybe i'm not easily entertained. Reverend Ike used to send me yarn and claimed it was magical healing yarn of enlightenment - "just send $25 for instructions." I lost the yarn but i have a big gold rock. I personally find RW to be Humerous. Rich empty people goofing off with themselves trying to impress each other by how much money they can waste. I'm much more fearful of islam. n'uff said.

Posted by: The Real Deal ()
Date: April 22, 2007 11:11AM

Freemind
Many might imagine that the money she has spent has been well worth the overall benefit that has come to her. However, it appears odd that over time, her conversations have become more centered on what Michael has to say about this subject or that subject. She loves to expound on all sorts of mystical and meditative ideas which frankly seem to be a repetition of something she has learned from one of her spiritual classes. She just doesn’t seem to be thinking for herself anymore.

After all this time, RW just seems to be cult like as far as I see it. I am no expert, and my goal is to make those considering a path to RW to think twice before jumping in.

Despite the positive effects on her life, no one should need to donate so much money for spiritual benefit and “teachings.” Money and spirituality never seemed make sense together as far as I see it. If it walks like a cult, smells like a cult, acts like a cult…you can figure out the rest.
Freemind

I think your posting is a very realistic and shares a common feeling of many family members of those connected with Royal Way. Sure, there are always benefits for any of us who work on ourselves and our issues. Whether it is in or out of Royal Way. The difference that you have pointed out, is that a member is under the false pretense that Michael has everything to do with their changes. The Royal Way system does not leave much time for things outside of the group. Also the constant working on something leaves no room (or time) for critical thinking. It is much easier to quote Michael, as you have heard from your friend.

Is your friend better off in this group since she is no longer drinking? For now, since she is sold on Michael. When she is ready, she will start questioning the repetition, the money, the constant involvement and the fear associated with leaving. Then she will start to see the flaws and may want to end the connection. It could also go another way, I know members in Royal Way who don't express the truth about some of their doubts and continue to stay for years on end.

I think it is very brave of you to expose your thoughts about Royal Way since so many members check this website. Continue to keep your connection with this person. If the day comes that she leaves, she will be very grateful to have you in her life.

Date: April 25, 2007 05:00AM

Let me add to Real Deal's comment in response to Freemind's earlier post.

As I've mentioned in one of my earlier post, the RW group specifically targets ordinary people who happens to be in a state of vulnerability.
The RW considers this to be a perfect opportunity to gain trust and deeper insight into others personal life. If any one of you had a chance to interact with one of the RW members, you've probably noticed that they're always trying to dig up personal information about you. At first, you might just think that they're just a group of very social people who seem to giving you all the attention that you've ever wanted. But, let me assure you that they have a very different plan for you in the long run.

I don’t mean to sound so crude, but it looks like Freemind’s relative has simply gone from one addiction (Alcohol) to another (RW). The side effects are quite similar, they both debilitate your thinking process, can be an expensive habit, and it ultimately consumes you, leaving no time for yourself or family.

I would also like to state that RW has nothing to do with education or promotion of Spirituality. The whole eastern philosophy B.S. that they try to incorporate/associate themselves with is just a branding strategy. It’s a device used to masquerade themselves as having a noble cause, to create some appeal of mysticism and breed some sense of exclusivity.
Also, do not mistake this group as some charity organization. Just because RW is classified as a Non-profit organization, some people might think that they are involved in some charitable/environmental/political…etc. activity. The last time I checked, RW has no interest in the welfare of the general public or the needy community.

Date: May 04, 2007 03:43AM

Is anybody else watching the Jim Jones (Peoples Temple) documentary that seems to be on TV everyday here in So.Cal. [www.pbs.org]

I was struck by how similar the components, progression and the evolution of these Cult(ish) organizations are. So I thought I would do some comparison…

[u:f5a3b69538]Organization[/u:f5a3b69538]
Peoples Temple: Royal Way

[u:f5a3b69538]Personality[/u:f5a3b69538]
Jim Jones: Michael

[u:f5a3b69538]Rehearsed Miracles[/u:f5a3b69538]
Heals people just by looking at them: Behaves like a fortune teller

[u:f5a3b69538]Operative Device[/u:f5a3b69538]
Religion & Race: Spirituality & Politics/Social Science

[u:f5a3b69538]Mode of (one-way) communication[/u:f5a3b69538]
Audios: Letters

[u:f5a3b69538]Isolated Compound/Paradise[/u:f5a3b69538]
Jonestown: RW Ranch

[u:f5a3b69538]The Ending[/u:f5a3b69538]
Not so good: ???

Who knows, maybe Michael and his followers will round up all of RW’s asset and use it to help the homeless people here is LA. Since, Michael is such a big hearted giver- he probably has the time and the resource to give some bread, soup, shelter and oh yeah lets not forget to include those “letters” in the meal box.

Posted by: The Real Deal ()
Date: May 04, 2007 12:46PM

withone
The last time I checked, RW has no interest in the welfare of the general public or the needy community.

No interest but self interest. Do you think people in Royal Way are using their critical thinking when wasting money on indulging the malignant narcissist Michael? He is only a human, with flaws. Enough said.

Posted by: stop rw ()
Date: May 07, 2007 01:43PM

Very true. A lot of similarities between Jonestown and Royal way. Jim Jones and Michael share a lot of the same characteristics.

Save your loved ones from this cult, before its too late !

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 08, 2007 03:23AM

To whom it may concern:

DDOS attacks commenced against the Ross Institute (RI) Web sites on about March 8th. They continued for some time causing difficulty accessing this message board and the Web site database.

This took place about the same time that Royal Jacumba Way supporters were repeatedly contacting RI through lawyers.

As you can see a new hosting company and more secure server has helped to end this problem.

Some Royal Jacumba Way supporters were banned from this board, for behavior that can easily be seen as "flaming," i.e. attacking people personally on this thread.

DDOS attacks began in early March and continued periodically, but were eventually halted by the security of the current hosting company.

About that time implied legal threats were made against me personally and RI by those representing Royal Jacumba Way, which have been shared with RI's attorneys.

RI is no stranger to lawsuits, the institute has been repeatedly sued by disgruntled groups, which has led to humiliating legal defeats for the plaintiffs, including the following:

Church of Immortal Consciousness
[www.culteducation.com]

Pure Bride Ministries
[www.culteducation.com]

Landmark Education
[www.culteducation.com]

Gentle Wind Project
[www.culteducation.com]

Gentle Wind would eventually face a much more serious legal situation, when the Attorney General of Maine pursued the group for fraud, closed it down and seized assets.

It is interesting to note that the Maine prosecutor probably wouldn't have known about the group, its products and practices, except for the attention garnered through its frivolous litigation.

Another purported "cult" called "NXIVM," led by a former failed multi-level marketing guru named Keith Raniere, also filed suit against RI. This group has suffered one legal defeat after another, all the way to the US Supreme Court.

See [www.culteducation.com]

NXIVM is now being sued by RI for $1 million dollars, regarding unlawful conduct.

See [www.culteducation.com]

If anyone has information that might lead to discoverying the source of the recent unlawful DDOS attacks against this Web site and/or the name and location of the hacker/attacker please contact me.

See contact information at [www.culteducation.com]

A detailed report has been filed with national law enforcement.

DDOS attacks are against the law and the criminals that launch them and their sponsors should rightfully be prosecuted and/or sued.

Please understand that RI has not and will not divulge the identity of anyone posting at this message board.

This board remains a completely safe place to discuss your concerns.

FYI -- Landmark Education attempted to use its lawsuit as a means to discover the names of message baord members.

But that effort utterly failed.

A federal judge told the seminar-selling company that any such effort in discovery would be fruitless.

FYI -- A federal court ruling "Donato v. Moldow," was later cited by Landmark Education in its brief seeking to dismiss its own lawsuit.

That ruling essentially held that the host of message board could not be held legally liable for the posts of its members.

Another victory for free speech on the Internet.

Legal threats, hackers and DDOS attacks should not trump freedom of speech.

Rick A. Ross
The Ross Institute of NJ
www.culteducation.com

Current Page: 24 of 55

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.