Current Page: 14 of 55
Royal Way/Jacumba/Ranch/Michael - Need Info
Posted by: stop rw ()
Date: November 05, 2006 11:11AM

I recently ended a 2 year relationship with a royal way member. I can not begin to desrcribe the lies that this person fed me for 2 years.

She is a 10 year member of this cult, she tried and tried to get me into this sick and twisted group. Even though she had a former boyfriend or two in this sick cult, she still wanted to suck me into this misreable cult.

I have read some 0f "Michael's writings". In her lame attempts to recruit me, she'd actually read them to me. Lets just put it this way. This cult has brainwashed its poor members to the degree that they truly believe Michael's lies and deception and will follow him to the very END. How sad and tragic is that?

Similar to the Jonestown tragedy, I wouldn't be surprised if all of these lost souls commit mass suicide once their "spiritual teacher" either dies or is sent to prison for tax fraud. I recall I once asked her what would happen if Michael dies, would someone take his place or would this so called group just disappear? Her reaction was violent and mad. As if he was this immortal being with supernatural powers....... How pathetic is that?

What she had learned from royal way, she practiced in her daily life.
Lies, deception, multiple sex partners, multiple personalities, and every mental ailment that you could imagine. Royal way is a dangerous cult and to all of you who have loved ones in this cult, allow me to warn you to get your family, friends, and loved ones out of this group. DO IT NOW. All I witnessed from dating a RW member is that she continued her downward spiral to spiritual and moral bankruptcy!!!

I hope and wish the IRS would expose this group and its leaders to the fraud that they are. In the process, if Michael doesn't order a mass suicide upon his demise,perhaps some poor lost brainwashed souls would be saved.

Incidently, the original name of this cult was Jacumba, however after a young man commited suicide after his first and last retreat, Michael went into hiding for a while only to reemerge with a new name, royal way.

You royal way followers are in for a royal surprise, in a ROYAL WAY !!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anon1234 ()
Date: November 05, 2006 01:00PM

We are at 17,610 page views now. The interest in this topic is impressive.

Thank you, "stop rw" for your opinion of RW after interacting with a member and also reading the letters. I am sorry your relationship ended, but you are not alone. RW has strained and destroyed many relationships. However, it has no doubt strengthened relationships between cult members.

I have more detail about the Royal Way Cult given to me by a friend that went to two retreats. He/She is refusing to go to another retreat because he/she says there are "some really troubled and crazy people there". He/She is scared of this organization. Here are the details he/she related to me:

If you want to go to a RW meeting, you go to a "Retreat". Your first three Retreats cost $500 each. [b:472fc277f4]YOU ARE GIVEN STRICT INSTRUCTIONS TO NEVER REVEAL WHAT GOES ON AT THE RETREATS. [/b:472fc277f4] (Michael's excuse is that he does not want new members have preconceived notions about RW). During level 1, you are put into peer groups and told to reveal three very personal things about your life, generally exposing some sort of psychological problem. After some intense peer discussion, the lights go out and you begin chanting some special phrase over and over again, louder and louder until you are screaming in the dark. They call this Yelling Therapy.

After three Retreats, your next "retreat" is actually called a "Pilgrimage". After successfully completing the pilgrimage, you are given special stature...called a Chakra. You can achieve higher and higher levels of Chakra as you study Michael’s letters. Enter the West Los Angeles classes.

At the weekly classes, which cost $125 per month, you are given Michael’s letters to study. This is where the real brainwashing starts...

Followers then begin to go on Pilgrimages every 6 weeks at $500 per trip. They get some close "study" time with Micheal and he molds them into what he wants. They also do menial tasks like sweeping, grounds keeping, etc. At this point, they are fully entrenched and generally in Michael’s control. They believe they love RW and it is a truly wonderful organization. They believe Michael is an amazing individual and have devout loyalty to him. Michael now owns them, and have has a very reliable cash income from them.[/b]

Date: November 05, 2006 01:22PM

Oh I forgot to mention,.........all you royal way [...], I await your spiritually enlightened attacks.

Most of you royal way [...] are cut from the same brainwashed, empty and dark hearted "Michael" fed cloth.

[...]

Continue to worship your "spiritual teacher".[...] why dont you explain the Rolls Royce that you all pitched in to buy for him. [...]

[Editor's note: "Flaming" rants and insults, is against the rules and will not be allowed. Say it without crude remarks please]

Date: November 05, 2006 01:37PM

Thank you Anon1234, you are absolutely correct about the 3 level "retreats" and so-called "pilgrimeges".

All these so-called gatherings were and are doing is alienating people from their families and significant others. Unlike what one rw[...] mentions and she used to as well, that god michael brings families together.....well that maybe true, but only families who have all been sucked into the rw vortex......it does not bring non-member families together.....In fact it preaches to separate and divide people who are not in the rw cult. No wonder they preach and wish to date and mate from within the cult. Hey maybe its the naked therapy sessions......How sick?

My [...] brainwashed ex could not make ends meet in her life financially. She would not have rent money, but yet would do anything to contribute to RW. I am sad and sorry to say that I lent her money on several occasions.........Maybe God Michael could detail his rolls royces with it.

I have a lot of information on this group. I will not hold back and will go to great lengths to expose what this cult is doing to its sucker followers.
Stay tuned....................RW[...], again, I am awaiting your spiritually enlightened attacks..............I would not expect anything else!!!!!

More exposure of this sick cult to come..................

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 05, 2006 04:27PM

This is a message to current or former members of The Royal Way, RW Ranch, and other affiliated groups reviewing this thread. Also, if you know any current or former members of The Royal Way who might be interested in this information, please feel free to email it to them, or print it off and give it to them.

Here is the information about The Royal Way group from earlier in the thread, including the EIN (Employer Identification Number), which is a nine-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service. Every IRS-designated tax-exempt nonprofit organization has its own EIN.

[board.culteducation.com]

THE ROYAL WAY
[...] SANTA MONICA BLVD [...]
WLA ,CA 90025
Employer Identification Number (EIN): [b:978ec5acb6]95-3606070 [/color:978ec5acb6][/b:978ec5acb6]

------------------------------------------------

This following is just a general comment about the IRS, and is not directed at any organization in particular.
If anyone suspects that a non-profit organization or person is not complying with the tax laws, it is simple to make an confidential report to the IRS so that they may launch an investigation.
If a non-profit organization is found to not be in compliance, then fines and penalties can be assessed, and they can even have their tax-exempt status revoked. As we all hear on the news, there can even be criminal convictions for tax-evasion and fraud. Of course, it is exclusively up to the IRS to determine and investigate all tax issues.

Below is the contact info for the IRS.

[www.irs.gov]

[b:978ec5acb6]How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity? [/b:978ec5acb6]

If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is not complying with the tax laws, you may report this activity by completing Form 3949-A. You may fill out Form 3949-A online [www.irs.gov] print it and mail it to:

Internal Revenue Service
Fresno, CA 93888

If you do not wish to use Form 3949-A, you may send a letter to the address above. Please include the following information, if available:

- Name and address of the person you are reporting
- The taxpayer identification number (social security number for an individual or employer identification number for a business)
- A brief description of the alleged violation, including how you became aware of or obtained the information
- The years involved
- The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income
- Your name, address and daytime telephone number

Although you are not required to identify yourself, it is helpful to do so. Your identity can be kept confidential. You may also be entitled to a reward.

Frequently Asked Questions - 1.13 IRS Procedures: Reporting Fraud [www.irs.gov] [/color:978ec5acb6]

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 05, 2006 05:15PM

According to a quick search on "MyFamily people finder", there is a [b:68923b0166]"Michael M. Gottlieb"[/b:68923b0166] residing in California, who is 43 years old. This may or may not be the same "Michael" from the controversial Royal Way group.

For a ten dollar fee, one could potentially find more information on the four individuals matching [b:68923b0166]"Michael M. Gottlieb"[/b:68923b0166] in California from this site:

[reunite.myfamily.com]
[b:68923b0166]Edit: Upon further reflection from info below, this is probably not the same "Michael M. Gottlieb", but "MyFamily people finder" can still be a good resource in this research.[/b:68923b0166]

Date: November 05, 2006 06:42PM

At a certain point, Sharon Nader's relationship to Royal Way will also need to be explained more fully. She is listed as the Agent for Service of Process for Royal Way as SHARON MADER SLOAN, but the M is just likely a typo in their database.

As she also mentioned in this forum, and was reported in this forum, she made some type of land transfer to Royal Way.
0432-032-31 / 5.000 05/22/1998 SLOAN, SHARON NADER $14,059* (*Sale price not disclosed; assessed value provided).

Is it appropriate, and not a conflict of interest for the Agent for the corporation to be also involved in transactions with the corporation? One would only know that if the relevant documents were made public.

Below are just a few quotes from Sharon Nader on this forum. I personally find some of these comments questionable. Its clear there are not just "one or two" people who are "breathing poison" about Royal Way.
Also, from what one can gather, the RW Ranch is rented out to paying customers? Is it not a little bizarre then that people "working" at a venue being rented out, are not being paid? Where is all the income for the non-profit corporation going?

Also, Michael's salary from Royal Way is actually our business, if we choose to ask about it, as he is running a non-profit. Was it stated by the Agent for the corporation that he does not receive a salary? Well, the only way to know whether or not that statement is accurate is to release the financial documents which prove this. Its very bizarre that such a wealthy church does not pay its preacher? How has Michael earned a living for the past 27 years, if he has not been paid by Royal Way since 1980?
Does RW pay his expenses? If so, which ones, and to what extent?
Does it pay for his car or living and travel costs? Certainly paying for a car, travel, and living costs is considered remuneration...What about insurance? Is that paid by RW for Michael?

There are many questions that are being raised, which can only be answered by officials who's job it it to look into such matters.
As has been said many times, all of these financial questions would be answered by the release of independently audited financial statements, which every reputable and ethical non-profit would happily release on request.

Why does The Royal Way absolutely refuse release those reports on request?
If the Agent for a corporation is going to make claims, then it is incumbent on them to back up those claims with the relevant documents.

To the people attacking Michael’s wealth, his finances are none of their business, ...The Ranch is a conglomeration of many individual parcels of land, large and small. Other than a parcel of vacant land which I personally donated to Royal Way...

But every once in a while there is someone who, after a divorce, makes that divorce the central focus of his life. His life stops right there, and his food and his drink and his breathing turn to poison.
This has happened to one or two people who have left Royal Way. Writing under a variety of anonymous names and posing, alternately, as former members, interested friends and concerned relatives...

...There is no “free labor for the teacher” in Royal Way. We (the members) own a lovely Ranch in Lucerne Valley and we chose to care for the grounds, gardens and orchards ourselves rather than hire others to do it.

Date: November 05, 2006 08:13PM

There are some legal cases on record for The Royal Way in SB County, and Michael M. Gottlieb.
There is the basic public information.
It says he was born in 1928.
So he's 78-79 years old.

If you search the Criminal law area for his name, the file will come up.

[sbcounty.gov]

Here is a direct link, and there are links you can press along the top, Actions, Minutes, Case Report, which have all sorts of info about the case and the defendant.

[170.164.50.60]

Defendant Info
[170.164.50.60]

Case 29315VSMG Defendant 2047890 GOTTLIEB, MICHAEL M

FAILURE TO YIELD, FAIL TO STOP

Name YOB Case Number Filing Date Count 1 Charge
GOTTLIEB, MICHAEL M 1928 29315VSMG 04/06/2005 VC I21802(A)

There is also a civil suit listed as well, PI Motor Vehicle

Case VCVVS038596 - NELSON -V- GOTTLIEB ETAL

GOTTLIEB, MICHAEL M DEFENDANT NELSON -V- GOTTLIEB ETAL PI Motor Vehicle VCVVS038596 07/26/2005

Date: November 06, 2006 02:07AM

Very interesting.
[b:1000ba3f25]Case 29315VSMG Defendant 2047890 GOTTLIEB, MICHAEL M
Born in 1928, White hair, hazel eyes, 6 feet tall, weighs 240 pounds.[/b:1000ba3f25]

And the violation was a recent as July 11, 2005!

The "PI Motor Vehicle" usually means "Personal Injury", or a car accident involving one person only, and damage to the car and possibly some other structure, e.g. a telephone poll.

Case 29315VSMG Defendant 2047890 GOTTLIEB, MICHAEL M

Filed Charges
Count Charge Severity Description Violation Date Plea

1 VC I21802(A) I FAILURE TO YIELD 03/11/2005 NOLO
Origin Charges
Count Charge Severity Description Violation Date Plea

1 VC I22450(A) I FAIL TO STOP 03/11/2005

Looks like he pled down a failure to stop, to become a failure to yield, instead. Less points on his license. Must have had a good attorney.

Date: November 06, 2006 02:14AM

The civil suit filings are also very interesting.

From the court records, it looks like this is an ongoing dispute, with an additional court date set for November 15, 2006 at 8:30am.

[b:959bb06df3]Here is the text tabular output from the civil court filings:
Case VCVVS038596 - NELSON -V- GOTTLIEB ETAL [/b:959bb06df3]

Viewed Date Action Text Disposition
11/15/2006 8:30 AM DEPT. V9 MOTION RE: GOOD FAITH SETTLEMENT FOR DEFT GOTTLIEB (101806) FILED BY DEFENDANT MICHAEL M GOTTLIEB, ROYAL WAY
11/15/2006 8:30 AM DEPT. V9 OSC RE: DISMISSAL/STATUS CONFERENCE
11/03/2006 CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE STATEMENT FILED BY WESTERN STATES WHOLESALE, FRANCISCO VALADEZ. Not Applicable
11/02/2006 OPPOSITION TO MOTION TO/FOR GOOD FAITH SETTLEMENT FILED BY WESTERN STATES WHOLESALE, FRANCISCO VALADEZ Not Applicable
10/18/2006 MOTION RE: GOOD FAITH SETTLEMENT FOR DEFT GOTTLIEB (101806) FILED BY DEFENDANT MICHAEL M GOTTLIEB, ROYAL WAY. Not Applicable
10/06/2006 SUMMONS FILED ON X-COMPLT OF WESTERN & VALADEZ FILED. Not Applicable
10/06/2006 SUMMONS ISSUED ON CROSS-COMPLAINT OF WESTERN STATES WHOLESALE Not Applicable
10/06/2006 CROSS-COMPLAINT FILED ON 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT OF JOANN NELSON BY WESTERN STATES WHOLESALE, FRANCISCO VALADEZ Not Applicable
10/06/2006 ANSWER FILED BY WESTERN STATES WHOLESALE, FRANCISCO VALADEZ; PARTY REPRESENTED BY LAW OFFICES OF ZURAWSKI & HALAS. Not Applicable
09/26/2006 DECL OF JEFFREY A WEAVER REQ MTN FOR GOOD FAITH SE TTLEMENT BE TAKEN OFF CALENDAR SIGNED & FILED. Not Applicable
09/26/2006 8:30 AM DEPT. V9 MOTION RE: GOOD FAITH SETTLEMENT FILED BY DEFENDANT MICHAEL M GOTTLIEB, ROYAL WAY - Minutes Off Calendar
09/25/2006 DECL RE MTN FOR GOOD FAITH SETTLEMENT SENT TO DEPT V9 CLERKS PICK UP BIN Not Applicable
09/15/2006 PROOF OF SUB-SERVICE AS TO FRANCISCO VALADEZ SERVED ON 09/14/06 WITH FEES OF $75.00. Not Applicable
09/14/2006 CASE SENT TO LEGAL RESEARCH FOR L&M HRG 9/26/06 * Not Applicable
09/07/2006 PROOF OF SUB-SERVICE AS TO WESTERN STATES WHOLESALE SERVED ON 08/30/06 WITH FEES OF $45.00. Not Applicable
08/24/2006 NOTICE OF STATUS CONF FILED BY JOANN NELSON, JENNIFER NELSON. Not Applicable
08/24/2006 MOTION RE: GOOD FAITH SETTLEMENT FILED BY DEFENDANT MICHAEL M GOTTLIEB, ROYAL WAY. Not Applicable
08/22/2006 8:30 AM DEPT. V9 OSC RE: DISMISSAL/STATUS CONFERENCE - Minutes Continued
07/27/2006 SUMMONS ISSUED - ORIGINAL FILED IN COURT FILE. Not Applicable
07/27/2006 AMENDED COMPLAINT FILED -- AMENDING 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT OF JOANN NELSON Not Applicable
07/26/2006 STIPULATION TO FILE 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT SIGNED & FILED. Not Applicable
07/26/2006 ON THE 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT OF JOANN NELSON, WESTERN STATES WHOLESALE, FRANCISCO VALADEZ IS ADDED AS A DEFENDANTS. Not Applicable
07/26/2006 ANSWER FILED BY MICHAEL M GOTTLIEB, ROYAL WAY; PARTY REPRESENTED BY WINET PATRICK & WEAVER. Not Applicable
07/21/2006 CASE SENT TO V9, JUDGE LEWIN FOR STIP & ORDR TO FILE 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT - Not Applicable
07/20/2006 FEE PAYMENT Not Applicable
07/10/2006 NOTICE OF CHANGE OF FIRM NAME OF ROBERT W RIPLEY & ASSOCIATES FOR JOANN NELSON, JENNIFER NELSON CHANGES ITS NAME TO RIPLEY & ASSOCIATES FILED Not Applicable
07/05/2006 STIP TO FILE 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT IS RETURNED BY COURT FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON(S): NEED ORDR FOR JUDGE TO SIGN ALLOWING FILING OF 1ST AMENDED COMPL Not Applicable
06/30/2006 FEE PAYMENT Not Applicable
06/20/2006 8:30 AM DEPT. V9 OSC RE: DISMISSAL - Minutes Continued
06/13/2006 MEDIATION SETTLEMENT FILED. Not Applicable
06/13/2006 STATEMENT OF AGREEMENT OR NONAGREEMENT (FIRST) FILED. Not Applicable
03/28/2006 8:30 AM DEPT. V9 CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE - Minutes Continued
03/14/2006 CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE STATEMENT FILED BY JOANN NELSON, JENNIFER NELSON. Not Applicable
03/09/2006 CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE STATEMENT FILED BY MICHAEL M GOTTLIEB, ROYAL WAY. Not Applicable
01/31/2006 8:30 AM DEPT. V9 CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE - Minutes Continued
01/12/2006 CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE STATEMENT FILED BY MICHAEL M GOTTLIEB, ROYAL WAY. Not Applicable
01/09/2006 CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE STATEMENT FILED BY JOANN NELSON, JENNIFER NELSON. Not Applicable
10/26/2005 8:30 AM DEPT. V9 OSC RE: SERVICE COMPLETION VACATED
10/24/2005 ANSWER FILED BY MICHAEL M GOTTLIEB, ROYAL WAY; PARTY REPRESENTED BY WINET PATRICK & WEAVER. Not Applicable
10/12/2005 PROOF OF SERVICE FILED ON ROYAL WAY; PARTY SERVED ON 10/03/05. TYPE OF SERVICE IS BY NTC & ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RECEIPT. Not Applicable
10/12/2005 PROOF OF SERVICE FILED ON ROYAL WAY; PARTY SERVED ON 10/03/05. TYPE OF SERVICE IS BY NTC & ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RECEIPT. WITH COSTS OF . Not Applicable
10/12/2005 PROOF OF SERVICE FILED ON MICHAEL M GOTTLIEB; PARTY SERVED ON 10/03/05. TYPE OF SERVICE IS BY NTC & ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RECEIPT. Not Applicable
10/12/2005 PROOF OF SERVICE FILED ON MICHAEL M GOTTLIEB; PARTY SERVED ON 10/03/05. TYPE OF SERVICE IS BY NTC & ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RECEIPT. WITH COSTS OF . Not Applicable
07/26/2005 CASE ASSIGNED FOR ALL PURPOSES TO DEPARTMENT V9
07/26/2005 COMPLAINT AND PARTY INFORMATION ENTERED Not Applicable

Current Page: 14 of 55

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.