Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Friend sucked into Millennnium 3 Education! Help!
Posted by: freaked out ()
Date: September 20, 2005 10:52PM

I have a friend who has become deeply involved in the Millennium 3 Education program based in Dallas. We had been estranged for over a year until she contacted me to "take full responsibilty" for the problems in our friendship just after she completed the first training. She also tried to sell me on the program at that time. She even offered to pay for it. (Do they get some kind of benefit for getting more people to sign up?) I refused, but was happy to rekindle the friendship.

She is currently going through the leadership training, which is the third phase of the program. She has decided to drop her life completely and move to the Dallas area to start a new life with all her new "friends" from the program. And, she has convinced another mutual friend to try the program. I have been researching the program, and most of the stuff I have been reading is really freaking me out. I'm not sure what I can do, if anything at this point, to try to help my friend who is already sucked into the third phase, but I feel like I need to try. Can anyone give some advice???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: freaked out ()
Date: September 21, 2005 01:06AM

I see now that many people have requested similar help for friends in threads past. Seems that "saving" my friend is hopeless. I guess I will just try not to alienate her too much and continue resisting the recruitment tactics.

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: September 21, 2005 04:00AM

freaked out
I see now that many people have requested similar help for friends in threads past. Seems that "saving" my friend is hopeless. I guess I will just try not to alienate her too much and continue resisting the recruitment tactics.

You are right. They are trained to resist any attempt to contradict their new system of beliefs. When you force them into a contradiction inside their closed system of logic, they will simply shut themself off and go back to their coach, guru or mentor for more training. This is pathetic, but it's how those mind manipulators operate. Just stay away and don't let that person destabilize you. But be careful. They are experts at it.

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: September 21, 2005 11:02AM

Dear Freaked Out,

I agree with you that this board seems to not have many happy endings but that does not mean they don't exist. I did manage to get my girlfriend out of Landmark and I have read other accounts on other sites. You can do a search on my name as I have documented the progress over a period of 18 months or so.
[board.culteducation.com]

To exit counsel someone depends very much upon your own patience and wisdom in knowing when to speak and when not to and also what to say. Windows of opportunity open up from time to time with the cult victim, particularly when they have moments of doubt about the group and they always do. That little voice inside is never fully put to sleep.

Remember also, that most cult victims leave the group through emotional, physical or spiritual exhaustion, not necessarily through intelectual rigor.

Your job is a little harder since she is moving but we don't know what will happen in the years ahead and at that moment she may remember your friendship and ask for help.

Maybe you will have better short term luck with warning the mutual friend. Rick has allot of good advice in the main section of his website.

I wish you well,
Oz

Posted by: glam ()
Date: September 22, 2005 03:39AM

Although you may not be able to extricate your friend, it is much easier to warn people who haven't been to a seminar or meeting yet. It can be as simple as pointing them to some reding material and asking them to decide for themselves.

Posted by: LuG ()
Date: October 05, 2005 01:33AM

glam
Although you may not be able to extricate your friend, it is much easier to warn people who haven't been to a seminar or meeting yet. It can be as simple as pointing them to some reding material and asking them to decide for themselves.

That's what I did. It's sad to say it, but I found impossible to discuss this issue with my best friend, who bought into this stuff. And since the only thing he wanted to speak about was his new found way to happiness, well, I haven't talk to him in 4 months. :(

But I became aware of this kind of programs, so I started spreading the information. I'd rather be alerting 5 that are seriously considering taking the program instead of wasting the same amount of time trying to convince my best friend to abandon it.

Posted by: Dynamix ()
Date: October 05, 2005 02:17PM

I was familiar with this site before joining up with Landmark. I just hadn't read enough of the specifics to be prepared for the tactics that they would use on me. Make sure that whoever you show this stuff to reads it carefully, and relay as much of the key information to them as you can with your own mouth.

Re: Friend sucked into Millennnium 3 Education! Help!
Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: November 26, 2007 08:22AM

Looks like Mill 3 has been around for awhile. I still find it ironic they are down the street from Landmark Dallas.

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: November 26, 2007 09:48AM

Zorro
Looks like Mill 3 has been around for awhile. I still find it ironic they are down the street from Landmark Dallas.

It's either sucking recruits from LE, or it's just another shift of money back to Werner.

Posted by: aware ()
Date: November 26, 2007 12:01PM

I'm soo glad to see Millenium3 talked about! they have been around for a while(some old blogs dated 2002...seems it is an offshoot of Lifespring) but not mentioned much...my wonderful boyfriend has had his life stolen since he got introduced by an AA friend in April..they seem to be a target marget for these evil groups..people not only in pain but with addictive personalites..this is his new addiction...plus they must feel like this is a similar thing to AA...group of people with problems being 'helped' by reprograming your thinking...obviously theses programs don't deserve to be on the same thought as AA which is a proven life saving program that cares/works..and isn't after you bank account...in AA penniless of CEO of a Fortune 500 are welcomed equally..the first night he was there he texed me "This is bullshit!"...his highly intelligent brain warning him...before he 'broke' on the 4rd day...had to stay all 3 to get your money back...brainwashing vultures...he was jobless when he got sucked in and is worse...depressed and borrowing money..a man who has never been out of work in his life...he had $4000 ileft in the bank when they got to him and M3 took ALL of it within a month! I had only known him about 6 weeks and immediatly saw the red flags...he suddenly had no tim,e to job search or for his best friend with cancer because he was too busy on phone calls and recruiting...when I tried to point it out he told me he spent too muc thime with me!...I saw him come home sick and have no time to see a DR...his leg.knee.back was killing him but he did the ropes course anyway...so I did research and found too many articles/blogs to print out...I satred mentioning this to my friends and without exception EVERY ONE OF THEM HAD EITHER GOTTEN SUCKED IN AT ONE TIME OR HAD SOMEONE CLOSE TO THEM THAT DID!...the stories were always the same...horrible...one friend took est with ole Wernerd himself...said it was such a mind fuck they were 'seeing each others auras'...said 3 people, including her husband peeded their pants because they were not allowed ot use the bathroom!...my boyfriend also has 'shame' issues from being sexually abused as a boy...and one of my best friends is a psychtherapist specializing in this and was horrified when I told her he was in this program...to 'break someone down to rebuild them' she said is not only ridiculous it is dangerous for people in his situation...because they deepen the shame cycle for these poor souls...I was warned by all of my friends to not try to yank him out because he will cut me out of his life and then who will be there to monitor him..to wait until he shows signs of getting weary and tell him...I just tried and he has, of tonight, exed me from his life...they have been working on him for months once they realized he could not recruit me...each time he returns from Dallas he is distant from me for about 3 days then gradually returns to me..until next time...now it is over and he is my lover and my best friend as I am his...it is unimaginable to think of my life without him and I am heartbroken and so very worried about him...I want to shut them down...I'm going to the AA board here in Austin and tell them what I know in hopes they will warn their members...this is the man I have waited all of my life to meet...and to sit back an helplesly see him fall so hard is unbearable...I have so amny stories to tell of what they have done it would be a book...any advice?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.