Divorce Rate??
Posted by: curiosity ()
Date: November 21, 2007 02:55AM

I am wondering what is the divorce rate for those who are involved in these groups. I have seen some true stories out here where it seems like none of these people remain in the same relationships that they had when they first started? Why is that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Divorce Rate??
Posted by: bigboyx5 ()
Date: November 21, 2007 10:53AM

From my point of view it's because the groups need to introduce discourse into a marriage to justify their existance. If your members find happiness after the intial weekend seminar you don't stand to make alot of money.
Take the Mankind project, the men's group (new warriors) teach that a man must "get his balls back" and that women (particularly those in powerful situations) cannot be trusted. they use images of "taking back your key" from under your mother's pillow, and "women lust after a strong wildman" etc etc. Then the women's group (woman within) teach that the woman must be in power over those around her in order to "create her reality" kinda contradicts each other doesn't it? I know first hand the power these groups have over their members and how many problems they can introduce. My personal favorite quote is "No means back off and try another approach" explain that to the rape victim!

Re: Divorce Rate??
Date: November 27, 2007 05:33AM

I know eight people who got involved in Sterling. None of them is in their previous relationships, save for one woman who was not in a previous relationship, and one man who got out of Sterling as soon as he did his weekend and maintained his existing relationship. Everyone else I know who has done Sterling got divorced after their "weekend" and ended up either marrying a Sterlingite, or got someone they were dating involved in Sterling and THEN married them.

It's enough to turn my stomach.

They use a similar mantra regarding "no" ... their mantra is "Whatever it takes." They even tried to get my husband to say bad things about me to try to turn him to get him to do the weekend, and they were dumbfounded when he didn't participate in their little banter.

Well, when you're dumb enough to get sucked into an LGAT, that would leave you DUMBfounded.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.