oooooo must be a cult...
Posted by: The_Houdini ()
Date: October 10, 2007 10:15PM

I was asked to attend a nwta 10 years ago, I was 20 years old then. I wrote them off the second I entered the parking lot and was confronted by a little dude with an attitude problem. Yea, like I'm intimidated by a 5' 4" 110lb guy. I lasted about an hour after that before they pushed me to my limit during the drum thing they do in a dark room. I made quite a scene, became combative and belligerent. I was determined to knock someone’s head off if they tried to stop me from leaving. They didn't. I talked to one of the guys and we agreed it wasn't for me. The person who introduced this group to me is still a great friend.

My impression was that this group is comprised of middle aged men who have not balls or social skills and get pushed around a lot. If they think this group gives them confidence, then more power to 'em. It seemed more of a liberal club than anything. Sure, I'll be the first to say it's weird but it's not dangerous and it's not a f'n cult.

Now, why all the complaining about this group? Because some crackhead off'd himself? Yea, must be because he went on their wacky adventure weeks earlier, couldn't have been because he was a f'n CRACKHEAD. This board seems to be made up of bored housewives who would be bitching about anything their husbands does... whether it be a men’s group or freakin' softball game. If I had to live with of the nagging I've read hear, I'd be a pounding down booze every night. I'm sure you have hobbies that your husband doesn't want to participate in or you don't want him involved, so let the guy have his.

Options: ReplyQuote
oooooo must be a cult...
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 10, 2007 10:53PM

The_Houdini
Yea, must be because he went on their wacky adventure weeks earlier, couldn't have been because he was a f'n CRACKHEAD.

Chemical dependency is a serious issue...maginalising someone or labeling them as "a f'n CRACKHEAD," doesn't add anything to the discussion. It's called "victim-blaming," much in a way calling someone a "crackhead" is used to dismiss someone with real problems. This was a human being trying to help himself, however misguided.

oooooo must be a cult...
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 10, 2007 11:49PM

or in this case it would be "victim BASHING," to use another apt term.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.