LE Technique - 'REPEATING FIRST NAMES'
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 02, 2007 03:17AM

Is that a normal LE practice? Repeating someone's first name over and over in conversation?

Annoying as all get out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: October 02, 2007 03:44AM

Vic-Luc
Is that a normal LE practice? Repeating someone's first name over and over in conversation?

Annoying as all get out.

Ugh, I have seen that done before ...

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 02, 2007 04:48AM

One of the principles of selling is to use your potential customer's name as much as possible during a conversation. Landmark and others just take it to new levels.

Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: October 02, 2007 05:02AM

Hope
One of the principles of selling is to use your potential customer's name as much as possible during a conversation. Landmark and others just take it to new levels.

New levels, ha ha ha

More like new levels that border on similar techniques utilized in Hypnosis !

Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: October 02, 2007 05:41AM

Hope

I can't believe my fiancee was always in "sell" mode. She even wrote her last e-mail to me with my name at the end of a sentence. When we were dating, after the SELP, she said my name so many times I had to ask her to stop. She completely overidid it.

Posted by: mindconcern ()
Date: October 02, 2007 05:47AM

That would be great if, as a practical joke, the 'Leaders' convinced 'trainees' to do the "Joe joe bo bo, fonana nana fo fo" multiple times during conversation. Perhaps that could be a response for those of you deaing with trainees who use the 'technique'

Posted by: Zorro ()
Date: October 02, 2007 10:48AM

Hope

Yes, and this brings a whole new level of cheesiness and sleeziness to both sales and Landmark. I'm in a professional sales field and I hate that crap, I can see it a mile away when people use that technique on me. It gives me the willies and makes me want to puke. Therefore when Lekkie personell used that crap on me the first time I saw it and hated it. They didn't use it that much on people around the center where I was at. Atleast I didn't see much of it.

To me that makes a sales person and Lekkies look like schmucks. Because it shows that neither know what the hell they are talking about and all they are doing is kissing ass so you can be manipulated into buying something you don't want and don't need. Like purchasing a seminar class that is going to totally muck up you brain with junk so you can't function properly in life.

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: October 02, 2007 06:49PM

That's it. If I should ever do one of their courses, my name is going to be "Sleepy".

Or "Gokikamoocow". :P

John

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 03, 2007 12:23AM

:D That is very funny!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.