Considering MKP Warrior Training in 3 weeks
Posted by: Louisk ()
Date: September 29, 2007 08:00AM

I'm torn....ive heard good and bad, I'm trying to weed out the truth from the fiction.

Please feel free to email or IM me on Yahoo (loumwnyc) anything: good or bad.

I've always wanted to try this weekend, but I"m so uncertain.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bigboyx5 ()
Date: September 29, 2007 09:41AM

Of course you've heard good things about it. All from active members I'll bet. I went in the spring of this year and consider it a huge waste of time and money and a mistake. Please read the mankind project postings in this forum. I can't speak for others but I know that it described my weekend pretty accurately. My wife and I are finally starting to speak openly about her involvement in the women within and we're trying to work through it, but evry now and then one of the warriors or someone make a comment to her that pushes things back.

Do some research before you jump into this. Make no mistake it is very definately unlicensed psychotherapy coupled with hypnosis.

Posted by: Louisk ()
Date: September 29, 2007 09:55AM

Thanks Buddy appreciate your insight. And yes, I've researching for some time but that's where the confusion lies. I hear Wacko things and Great things. I don't know which is true or whether the truth lies somewhere between the two. In any event, I'll continue researching. Thanks again for your time.

LOU

Posted by: bigboyx5 ()
Date: September 30, 2007 01:56AM

The problem I have with the compliments is that NONE of them come from outside of the MKP (NWTA). Why is there no research or official support from the APA or other governing bodies? If the weekend is so effective, this would be the next logical step. There are doctoral statements (all of which seem to cite the same single man as a contributor...Chris Burke, MKP's research director), and lots of single statements, but no hard scientific proof.

When I was approached to attend, I asked about suicides after the weekend, I was told there have been two in this province "but they would have done it anyway". There are also reports of men coming home and physically abusing their wives, I have no evidence of it, but judging by the men's state of mind at the end of the weekend.... it fits.

Another interesting thing is that MKP has people on staff whose only job is to search online to find and "deal with" negative feedback. Doesn't really fit a group who supposedly help individuals achieve integrity and self-congruance.

In the end the choice about the group's motives and your attendance is yours to make. Just be careful, I know first hand the lengths they will go to in an attempt to coerce you.

From my personal experience (for what it's worth to anyone else), the reprots of lies, deciet, half-truths, abuses turned out to be true.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.