i had attended their fire your desire event,
(which was very good :oops: )
and enlisted on their nlp practitioner course
as i wanted to help other people,
however after 5 days i was told i had to leave the course
as i was told i was not good enough,
(i didnt use my normal signiture on the leaving document
as i was not happy with the course :evil:
and they would not let me leave unless i signed )
i have since discovered that they are in administration
and have been taken over by a off shore company
the new company have offered me alternative training
however i was not happy with the way i was treated
and have told them im claiming a cash back
from the bank
they also have a web site [www.innercompass.co.uk]
however it seems any complaints
get deleted like the tony robbins site

Options: ReplyQuote
inner compass international
Posted by: sj ()
Date: June 02, 2007 02:50AM

i know i should not knock people when they are down,
but here is andy harrington md of innercompass international
or at least i hope it is
[profile.myspace.com]
:D :D :D

Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: June 02, 2007 04:49AM

I don't have any dealings with the group but the jargon is the same. Look at the language they use on their website - the price of the course is the 'investment' - well that's just not plain english, its manipulation english. An investment is:
"the investing of money or capital in order to gain profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value."

Even if you treat it as a metaphor - investing in your personal development - it implies a guarantee that you will enrich your personality or life experience, when what you'll really be doing is learning a lot of jargon, and jargon is limiting. Show me great, rich literature with jargon - there isn't any.

Then there is the 'create the life you deserve' line and the 'share the experience' line.

Anything that promises to 'transform your life in a weekend' is probably based on the original EST training, where they spend a weekend breaking down your defences, giving you an out of body experience and subtly (or not so subtly) suggesting that if you really love the people in your life you'll give them an opportunity to share that same wonderful experience. If you look at all the posts against Landmark, PSI, Impact, Lifespring - that's what you're getting yourself into. And that little weekend is probably 'just the beginning'... do more and more courses and you'll create a greater and greater life... until you don't have a life because your entire life is spent running around on courses talking jargon with a bunch of people who have been neurologically programmed into [i:03d0e3cd65]believing [/i:03d0e3cd65]they've had a wonderful experience. If you're lucky this group will just be money making scheme, if you're unluckily the agenda may be more sinister.

My response to the words on the website may seem paranoid, but the words are the key - after all, its neuro [i:03d0e3cd65]linguistic[/i:03d0e3cd65] programming. All the words they use have special, non-standard meanings. They will tell you that transformation is really different to change and that its not good to use the word change. Why? No good reason really, except that they pack a whole lot of associations into the word 'transform', to program you, and they humiliate you for using stupid words, like 'change', to break down your self esteem.

Its also a trick to throw back at you when your life doesn't change - after all that money most people end up with the same jobs, relationships, etc (that's if they're lucky) and if you complain that nothing has changed you'll be told that its transformed, it might be the same thing but it has a different meaning, because you yourself are different.

The association with the American Board of NLP gives it a sense of credibility; maybe someone else can comment on that. I'd still say that the core of the course will probably be the OBE, some recruiting, and NLP thrown in for a nice certificate and the illusion of respectability.

I'd stay well away if I were you.

Posted by: sj ()
Date: August 26, 2007 06:42PM

i have just found out that innercompass international
have moved to cyprus and are putting on a event in london
even though they are in administration in the uk
i have written to both companies house
and trading standards
pointing out the fact they are sticking 2 fingers up
at their organisations
can anyone think of any other ways
to put these innercompass conmen out of business :?:
many thanks
p.s i dont wish to go to their events
as i will probably get arrested for abh

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.