Landmark's programming and language redefinition
Posted by: newfuture ()
Date: February 14, 2013 09:31AM

As each day passes, the Landmark programming continues to wear off. I remember more and more each day of what was said in the various 'programs' that I took part in.

Just came across some notes from the Landmark Forum too which I found helpful. It may help you too. These are actually verbatim what they say in Landmark. It may help you understand why landmark people are so zealous - they have had their words and understandings redefined. You can see how they define various terms like 'enrollment' and 'transformation' (which really means a drastic or sudden change - although landmark makes it mean a 'new realm of possibility' etc) to make the participant see them not as they are truly defined, but through landmark's own definition.

LANDMARK FORUM

TRANSFORMATION:
THE GENESIS OF A NEW REALM OF POSSIBILITY.

I will bring forth the presence of a new realm of possibility for myself and my life.

Inside this new realm of possibility
• New possibilities for being call me powerfully in to being
• New openings for action call me powerfully into action
• A new view and experience of life emerges as constraints from the past disappear

ENROLLMENT:
THAT WHICH ALLOWS THE FORUM TO WORK
Enrollment is causing a new possibility to be present for another such that they aretouched, moved or inspired by that possibility.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landmark's programming and language redefinition
Date: February 14, 2013 09:37AM

Here's more....

These 7 rules are given at the end of the Forum. Again, look how normal words have been given their own Landmark definition.

"The Landmark Forum's 'seven commandments' for being an extraordinary person:
· Be Racket-Free: give up being right - even when you know you were.
· Be Powerful: be straight in your communication and take what you get.
· Be Courageous: acknowledge your fear (not necessarily get rid of it) and then act.
· Be Peaceful: give up the interpretation that there's something wrong.
· Be Charismatic: give up trying to get somewhere. Be entirely fulfilled in the presentmoment.
· Be Enrolling: share your new possibilities in such a way that others are touched, moved andinspired.
· Be Unreasonable: in expectations of yourself and others beyond what you would think they are capable of"

Essentially when people are leaving the forum, they are given these 'rules' for how to be extraordinary and this is what they are carrying with them in their minds.

"Give up being right - even when you know you are" - sounds good in theory but now when you have landmark manipulators using this in order to accept their version of reality.

"...take what you get" when it comes to communication eventually leads to "put up with landmark's harassment, bullying, brainwashing and other manipulation"

"Give up the interpretation that something's wrong" - classic programming here. This means landmark can do anything it wants and it's up to YOU - because you want to be 'extraordinary' - to not perceive their behaviour as wrong when it is.

"Be charismatic" - Their definition of being charismastic is so grotesque that it's not funny.

And so on and so forth. The more I remember, the more I find, the more disgusted I am by these emotional vampires who are nothing more than leeches and parasites, sucking the life blood, money and spirit out of people.

Date: February 15, 2013 11:30PM

Here are some more notes for you - these are taken directly from the forum, advanced course and seminar series. Click here to see them

You will see various alarming things in here such as where they tell you that you are nothing and nobody. Or where they say that you don't know who you are, you never have, you never will, but they know you better than you know yourself and you will never know them. Scary stuff.

Anyway I hope that this is helpful.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 20, 2013 07:12AM

Thought for the day

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell."
Edward-Abbey

Posted by: billy77 ()
Date: February 22, 2013 07:15AM

It's just foul the whole thing. It all reeks of mad people trying to mess with other people because they themselves are mental.

Date: February 27, 2013 02:41AM

@billy77 - That is basically what it is. They are psychologically disturbed people trying to get other people to believe that their disturbed way of thinking/seeing the world is actually real. And what's scarier is that they truly believe that they are right and everyone else is living in 'unreality' as they call it.

@corboy - indeed. very good quote that is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.