Discovery Training in Dallas
Posted by: free ()
Date: July 26, 2007 12:44AM

Wow am I thankful for this website! Has anyone had experience with Discovery Training in Dallas, TX? As far as I can see they are an LGAT but probably not as intense as PSI or Landmark Education.

I experienced severe Depression after going through it. I had alot going on in my life as far as living in a new city and adjusting to a job but I do believe Discovery played a significant part in my depression. My good friend recruited me and offered to pay so I though hey I'll check it out. Alot of people at the church I was going to also had attended. Afterward I felt emotionally ripped open and kind of dazed but at the same time convinced that I had issues that Discovery could help me with. Now I realize how mentally confused I was and that I lost my sense of who I was. It clearly has an element of mind control that comes from tearing down emotional and pscychological boundaries that leave people open to the power of suggestibility. Since I've left Dallas some of my friends get deeper and deeper into it and it seems kind of cultish. They label people who don't agree with it as "unhealthy" and "afraid to deal with thier issues". Anyway I take responsibility for making the choice to check out Discovery but now I have thousands to pay in medical bills and recovery from severe depression to deal with.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Any suggestions on how to keep some good contact with my friend who is deeply involved but also set up boundaries to protect myself? Also anything I can do to put this group on the radar or have them investigated?

Again I'm so thankful for this site. It has helped me learn to be open about my experience and helped me get back my sanity.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.