PrimeAmerica
Posted by: Jannski ()
Date: July 08, 2007 04:41PM

So I'm curious if anyone here has heard of PrimeAmerica and if you would consider them borderline cult like. I've read through most the pages in this forum and couldn't find anyone asking about it. So I apologize in advance if this is addressed elsewhere and I just missed it.

I'm asking because it seemed like a bunch of people in my church got caught up in it. They tried to recruit me and sell me on refinancing my house with a ridiculous interest rate when mine was far lower... when I said no and refuted their numbers with some strong financial reasons they took me to the guy who owned that branch or whatever they called it and he tried to "hire" me.

The way I was kind of trapped into being there in the first place was a friend invited me to lunch and said to meet them "at work." So I got there and they gave me a time that was when their motivational meeting was not quite over. I had red flags waving in front of me at the motivational meeting speel. I mean... I'm all for positive thinking... but it sounded kinda like a religeon based on it... and I felt a little manipulated at being there under false pretenses.

To make a long story short my pastor finally had to get involved and stop them from recruiting from the church. I'm not sure if they're still mixed up in it or not... but I'm curious if any of you have had experiences with this group. Is it a legit pyramid marketing thing? (as legit as pyramid marketing can be anyway) ...or is it a little more than that?

Look on the MLM thread.

EZ[/color:ec7f292177]

Options: ReplyQuote
PrimeAmerica
Posted by: Jannski ()
Date: July 08, 2007 09:12PM

Duh. :) Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It DOES help to look in the right forum. I just found it there and confirmed my suspicions. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.