Impact Inspiration
Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: June 16, 2007 11:49PM

Prophetic Jealousy Observed

I have read statements on this forum that Hans has both made favorable comments about Joseph Smith and has stated that he was an idiot. My own first hand experience of Hans is that he is a living example of what Smith was talking about in his statement about a Mr. Irving, founder of a few churches in England, Scotland and Upper Canada. (See “Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith”, p. 210.) “The Irvingites are a people that have counterfeited the truth, perhaps the nearest of any of our modern sectarians.” Irving met some Misses Campbell on his journey in Scotland. “Mr. Irving, falling into the common error of considering all supernatural manifestations to be of God, took them to London with him, and introduced them into his church. They were there honored as the prophetesses of God, and when they spoke, Mr. Irving or any of his ministers had to keep silence.”

I have heard Hans detail the creation of TIT 1 and TIT 2, giving all credit to Sally. Hans said he initially opposed creating these TIT courses. It appears that the inspiration for the Irvingites, Campbellites and Bergerites all came through the medium of prophetesses. We know that women are more feeling with the heart than men. Maybe this explains the origin of the undervaluing of rational thought and the overvaluing of natural knowing taught in Impact. But, getting back to the trading of insults between Burger and Smith.

Smith really gets the best of the exchange of insults when he is quoted on p. 137 of “Teachings…,” “How much more dignified and noble are the thoughts of God, than the vain imaginations of the human heart! None but fools will trifle with the souls of men.” So out of the dust comes some name calling, calling Burger a fool, because he certainly trifles with the souls of men. I ask, who is the real idiot in this exchange of prophetic insults?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.