LAGT Recipient Behavior
Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: June 16, 2007 12:45AM

LGAT Recipient Behavior Explained In Part

When persons close to me began to behave in strange ways that seemed to relate to Impact trainings, I found an explanation that seemed to work in the writings of Steve Hassan.. Hassan was a former recruiter and official for the Mooney Cult/Church who was rescued as a result of wrecking the Mooney recruiting van and having long recovery in the hospital from his accident related injuries. The main thing that helped me to understand cult mind warping was the principle that the authentic self cannot be completely transformed into the cult self. No matter how thorough the processing, it is never total. It is the residual authentic self that there is hope of relating to. Processing had been so complete after Quest that a dual nature person resulted. This dear person would switch almost instantaneously from the authentic person to the cult person. This was very alarming. Confrontation only made it worse, as Hassan predicted. Showing a gentle heart to the residual authentic person, difficult as that was, gradually has resulted in improvement. There is hope! The switch back to the authentic mode seems to be assisted by remorse for cultic behavior. This cultic behavior is characterized in part by the following: impatience, harshness, critical questioning, condescending attitude, total stonewalling of any criticism of Impact, impossible demands, severing of old friendships, suspension of reason and on and on.

So the lesson from Quest that what works is right is I quess right.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.