Giving help to those who love the victims of LGAT's
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: June 05, 2007 05:15AM

It seems almost every detail about what goes on in these LGAT’s has been discussed, and these help questions are becoming more and more common (and desperate) than the “what goes on in the training?” questions. I want to help, and I’d like to know the extent I can help without violating the rules or liability of the site.

I understand there are protective and secretive elements to posting on these message boards (which are necessary), but previously there have been about half-a-dozen people on the Impact thread alone, who have posted expressing their concern for a friend or loved one, giving only broad and vague information, but then they stop there and I never hear from them again. I know it’s a difficult situation, but without a more accurate description of the trainee in question, it is next to impossible to accurately address the unique conditions of the individual’s problem and give any valuable or helpful information.

Without more, even a little, you might as well just read and re-read what has already been posted on this thread and on the other LGAT threads over and over again. This “help my friend” problem is the most common one I have run into, (after “how do I recover?) and I’ve answered it a half a dozen times, but can only re-word what had already been said. I have said “the bitch is in the details” not to be crass, but to somehow get the idea across that it is NECESSARRY. Without some detail more than, “well the person once was cool and now they are crazy” there is nothing I can say that hasn’t already been said about a thousand times before. Allot can be done with a little information. I mean, it may not be perfect or count as professional opinion or counseling, but any information is better than nothing when things are desperate, no? If you can get past your hesitancy and get creative, then we may be able to get somewhere.

Any ideas or input about this dilemma would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: June 05, 2007 06:50AM

exImpact
I know it’s a difficult situation, but without a more accurate description of the trainee in question, it is next to impossible to accurately address the unique conditions of the individual’s problem and give any valuable or helpful information.

A difficult situation indeed. Frustrating, too. I totally empathize and appreciate what you are saying, but it's a complex situation. I don't think a forum like this can do much more than offer general advice, testimonies and warnings to those affected either directly or indirectly. It's a double-edged sword and those actively involved in questionable activities aren't going to listen to our so-called questionable advice. They're in too deep and there's not a lot of light at the bottom of the well (we know they're blind to LGAT propaganda but they think we're just as blind).

Having said that, I do believe that consistent knowledge/advice can be affective, but it can take time - a long time - for the light to come on. As for those on the outside affected by those actively involved, we can only offer support alongside the advice, testimonies and warnings. We can only be patient and available as the eyes of the affected begin to open. We have to accept that each person's journey is of their own choosing and accept that it must be valuable to their ongoing development.

I suppose I've had to learn, because of my own ideological bent that diversity is the key and to have it any other way is to invite danger. I consider myself a free thinker and that entails a healthy doctrine of doubt in most things, most of the time. I know this sounds dumb, and it probably is, but I have to suspend judgement (most of the time) so I don't fall into my own well of naivety and despair. For instance, I don't believe or disbelieve in a divinity just as much as I don't believe or disbelieve in intelligence in another galaxy. I don't always trust my instincts, but I follow most of them, most of the time...

Finally, this is the Internet and most people don't trust giving details to strangers, no matter how sincere they may seem. I think we just have to accept that in our pods of isolation we are doing 'good' works.

Posted by: question lady ()
Date: June 05, 2007 07:33AM

Perhaps people could contact those familiar with the program and willing to help by private message, once they have the requisite number of posts.

This could allow for the sharing of more detailed information without compromising privacy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.