An Ex MKP member
Posted by: kevinl ()
Date: May 05, 2007 07:18AM

Over the past four days, I have read all 47 pages of the thread. First I want to say hello to all of you. Thank you for this forum and your honesty in sharing your experiences.

I did the weekend a couple of years ago, and I would say that it was one of the most profound experiences of my life. After the weekend, I went to the 8 week integration training and then started going to the I-Group.

I no longer attend the groups or have any contact with my “brothers” and most likely, never will again.

If anyone is thinking of doing the weekend, [b:872b4d7581]I strongly advise against it! [/b:872b4d7581]

My experience with the weekend was pretty much the same as other have said here, so unless someone requests it, I will skip the details.

Having read the first few pages of the thread, I would say that the excerpts from the MKP manual are 100% right on. They described the process precisely. It was quite chilling to see just how scripted the entire process was. Before seeing this material, I had the belief that the processes of the weekend were set up to create brotherhood. I believed that brotherhood was the product, and that the feeling was a by product of the brotherhood. From what I have read here though, the material seems to say the processes are set up so that the initiate gets the euphoric feeling. That would make the brotherhood a by product.

A subtle difference, but it says to me the whole program is set up to keep us coming back to reclaim that feeling. And I assure you, the three of us that car pooled together left with a most euphoric high. It was a better high that ANY drug we had ever done. We all agreed to that statement.

This difference also explains to me why none of my brothers have called or emailed to see how I am since I have not been to any functions. It seems that the caring aspect of MKP may be scripted also.

The reasons I quit going to I-Groups and the other functions are as follows.

I did not like it that I had lied, by omission, to my wife. That was not like me. Not only was I not allowed to speak of the events of the weekend, I was not allowed to talk about any of the process at any of the groups or “sacred” functions, and they were all sacred. I did not like having to keep so much of my life secret from my wife.

I noticed that many of the elders, at least the many of the ones I saw, seemed to be fat lazy men. For the most part, the elders sat around and watched. As a whole, they did not participate. My view of an elder is someone who is exemplary of the program, someone who has qualities that I admire and aspire to. Most of the elders that I saw had none of the qualities.

I was seriously questioning where the money was going. When ever anyone asked where the money went, the answer was that there are expenses, and that we have some men who work full time and receive a salary. If the subject was persisted in, the tone became bitter and someone changed the subject. I was not asked for money at the weekend, but within a couple of months of the weekend, I received two letters asking me to give according to my heart and my ability.

I did not like that fact that there was a constant request of my time for involvement is some aspect of MKP. First of all, there was a weekly commitment to I-Group. There were several more training opportunities. No one said it was mandatory, but I got the feeling that since I always declined the invitation, perhaps I was beginning to be viewed as not getting it. No one ever said anything, but I felt others might be feeling that way.

Some of the things we were doing in the groups I found a little wired, and I was concerned and uneasy with the feeling that more nudity would be asked of me. Others here have said that the participation was optional, but there is a lot of peer pressure. And I felt the risk of being looked at as one that did not get it. Now that I think of it, I did here that term a lot!

Finally, it seemed that there was always some higher level of attainment required. After Saturday night, we were bothers, equal with all who had done the weekend. Only then we find out that we must attend another training class before we could enter into communion in I-Group. Then, before we can join an I-Group, we must go through a permission process where we request our brother to “stand behind us”. Then there was the staffing training, the rug work training and more. I was beginning to feel like the attainment was always one step ahead of where I was.

Thanks again for this forum!
[b:872b4d7581][/b:872b4d7581]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.