"Updated" Ho'oponopono
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: April 28, 2007 08:40AM

Ho'oponopono is mentioned in the thread on The Secret. Joe Vitale will probably be coming out with a book, DVD or seminar on this. He has an article on his own website about Dr. Len who cured a bunch of "criminally insane" patients in a mental hospital without even meeting with them. This was reportedly at Hawaii State Hospital, yet a search on the government website doesn't mention Len or Ho'op.

The ancient ho'op process is actually a mediation wherein people in conflict get together in a closed room and talk out their issues, pray, and a mediator facilitates this. Len and Vitale have "updated" this process in order to make money on it.

[www.hooponopono.org]

[i:41eefb7f37]Self I-Dentity Through Ho'oponopono

Being 100% Responsible For The Problems of My Clients

By Ihaleakala Hew Len, Ph.D. and Charles Brown, LMT

In traditional approaches to problem solving and healing, the therapist begins with the belief that the source of the problem is with the client, not within him. He believes that his responsibility is to assist the client in working through his problem. Could these beliefs have resulted in systemic burnout throughout the healing profession?

To be an effective problem solver, the therapist must be willing to be 100% responsible for having created the problem situation; that is, he must be willing to see that the source of the problem are erroneous thoughts within him, not within the client. Therapists never seem to notice that every time there is a problem, they are always present!

Being 100% responsible for actualizing the problem allows the therapist to be 100% responsible for resolving it. Using the updated Ho'oponopono approach, a process of repentance, forgiveness and transmutation developed by Kahuna Lapa'au Morrnah Nalamaku Simeona, a therapist is able to have erroneous thoughts within himself and within the client transmuted into perfect thoughts of LOVE.

Her eyes brimmed with tears. Deep trenches enclosed the corners of her mouth. "I am worried about my son," Cynthia sighs softly. "He's back on drugs again." As she tells her painful story, I begin the cleaning of the erroneous thoughts within me that have actualized as her problem.

As erroneous thoughts are replaced by loving thoughts in the therapist and in his family, relatives and ancestors, they are replaced too in the client and in her family, relatives and ancestors. The updated Ho'oponopono process allows the therapist to work directly with the Original Source who can transmute erroneous thoughts into LOVE.

Her eyes dry up. The trenches around her mouth soften. She smiles, relief dawning across her face "I don't know why but I'm feeling better." I do not know why too. Really. Life is a mystery except to LOVE who knows all. I just let it go at that, and just thank LOVE from whom all blessings flow.

In problem solving using the updated Ho'oponopono process, the therapist first takes his []-Dentity, his Mind and connects it up with the Original Source, what others call LOVE or GOD. With the connection in place, the therapist then appeals to LOVE to correct the erroneous thoughts within him that are actualizing as the problem for himself first and for the client second. The appeal is a process of repentance and forgiveness on the part of the therapist---"I am sorry for the erroneous thoughts within me that have caused the problem for me and for the client; please forgive me."

In response to the repentance and forgiveness appeal of the therapist, LOVE begins the mystical process of transmuting the erroneous thoughts. In this spiritual correction process, LOVE first neutralizes the erroneous emotions that have caused the problem, be they resentment, fear, anger, blame or confusion. In the next step, LOVE then releases the neutralized energies from the thoughts leaving them in a state of void, of emptiness of true freedom.

With the thoughts empty, free, LOVE then fills them with Itself. The result? The therapist is renewed, restored in LOVE. As the therapist is renewed so is the client and all involved in the problem. Where there was despair in the client, there is LOVE. Where there was darkness in her soul, there is now the healing Light of LOVE.[/i:41eefb7f37]

Options: ReplyQuote
"Updated" Ho'oponopono
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: April 29, 2007 06:42AM

This is from Hawaii.edu, an excerpt from a published paper on ancient Hawaiian healing practices. Note the tremendous difference from the "updated version" being marketed above.

Ho’opononpono (make things right or “problem solving”) refers to counseling and mediation to resolve conflicts and balance relationships (Helwig, 2003). Ho’opononpono can be used for an individual or a group of individuals. For individuals, the object is to heal a person by
removing obstacles to being well. The obstacle may be low self-esteem, sadness, guilt, or the inability to forgive oneself for something they have done in the past. For a group conflict, the kahuna allows everyone to speak until all resentments and other feelings come out. No
one is permitted to leave the room. Eventually, the resolution comes and the session is concluded. The session may include prayer to cleanse the mind and heart of negative thoughts and feelings.

www.hawaii.edu/hivandaids/Traditional_Hawaiian_Healing_and_Western_Influence.pdf

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.