Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Interesting reaction
Posted by: grub ()
Date: August 30, 2005 06:48AM

Interesting tidbit from some email. I won't mention the source, those know know me will know who it's from.

[code:1:4146a9b220]
So, if you want to spend your time on the internet being hateful and cutting
down people, have at it. Nothing you are going to do will make one bit of
difference.

This year, Landmark is on target for its best year ever, worldwide. We are
working with governments, fortune 500 companies and top people around the
world, who are a demand for our services. You are not going to stop it. I
am not going to stop at it.
[/code:1:4146a9b220]

:roll:

I think I struck a nerve in the previous mail, when asked what I thought the person was I just replied "A Landmark zealot." Then I got a long reply where this excerpt is from.

My take on it is that this is a minor outburst (note the grammar error) but I'm not sure. As cultists go this sure sounds intransigent.

G

Options: ReplyQuote
Interesting reaction
Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: August 30, 2005 09:30PM

Do you know if Landmark is still on target to achieve world peace by year 2020 by having everybody attending the Forum? Is this the final rise of the Age of Aquarius? This New Age cult have great ambitions, but it's unrealistic and all based on deception and trickery. Honestly, which government will buy into this idiotic objective?

Interesting reaction
Date: August 30, 2005 09:41PM

midonov123
Do you know if Landmark is still on target to achieve world peace by year 2020 by having everybody attending the Forum? Is this the final rise of the Age of Aquarius? This New Age cult have great ambitions, but it's unrealistic and all based on deception and trickery. Honestly, which government will buy into this idiotic objective?

Other than making lots of cash off recruits I don't know their plans. Is that true, the bit about 2020? I haven't read that before.

Interesting reaction
Date: August 30, 2005 10:42PM

grub

Other than making lots of cash off recruits I don't know their plans. Is that true, the bit about 2020? I haven't read that before.

It is true. It is in the Harvard report which is (or was) distibuted to Landmark graduates only. I got a copy from my ex-girlfriend and she kept repeating me about this utimate objective for year 2020. She really believed in it. She is a true believer which makes her a cult member. This is what they mean by "making a difference". They want to "transform the world", which is nothing but a "cult" vision. A new Age cult that is. This is why I compare this vision to a (Landmark) proprietary version of the Age of Aquarius - where "Peace will guide the planets; And love will stir the stars"!!!

Very nice New age vision indeed, but unrealistic.

Interesting reaction
Posted by: Dynamix ()
Date: August 30, 2005 11:12PM

Yeah it's true, "world peace by reaching a critical mass of graduates by the year 2020." Heard it straight from a forum leaders own mouth. I believe the original date was 2000, but they didn't make it. I'm sure this time they will though. :roll:

That's another contradiction in forum logic. "Give up your interpretation that there's something wrong" is in complete opposition to their perception that the world is going down the toilet and must be 'transformed.'

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with the world. Sure there's war, terrorism and death. But there's the other side of the coin. There's the love and compassion that is born from such tragic events like 9-11. Without the bad you can't have the good. The Landmark vision of world peace and of living life is one of constant happiness and completeness ALL the time. Life simply doesn't work like that (hence why you can never get enough Landmark, you can NEVER escape your rackets.)

Despite what they think, the world isn't on the verge of collapse. There have been many times in history when peoples of the world thought that the planet was doomed and every time they were proved wrong. People die, and the survivors gain an appreciation of life. The world goes on.

PS: In case you're wondering how Landmark leaders justify glaringly obvious contradictions like that, they respond with this VERY crafty cure-all: "Many separate conversations/distinctions in the material contradict if you collapse them together. That's another racket." :roll:

Interesting reaction
Date: August 30, 2005 11:39PM

midonov123
It is true. It is in the Harvard report which is (or was) distibuted to Landmark graduates only. I got a copy from my ex-girlfriend and she kept repeating me about this utimate objective for year 2020.

Hahahahaha! That's [b:f3477a82cb]hilarious[/b:f3477a82cb]! I guess on December 31, 2019 there will be large vats of KoolAid being prepared when they realize their failure is imminent.

Interesting reaction
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: August 31, 2005 12:01AM

midonov123
It is true. It is in the Harvard report which is (or was) distibuted to Landmark graduates only. I got a copy from my ex-girlfriend and she kept repeating me about this utimate objective for year 2020.

Hahahahaha! That's [b:d22274ba15]hilarious[/b:d22274ba15]! I guess on December 31, 2019 there will be large vats of KoolAid being prepared when they realize their failure is imminent.

they'll have changed the date by then, or given it up. they call this plan Vision 2020.

the Hunger Project said that would eliminate hunger by 1997 (another twenty year plan?) and backpedalled somehow.

This year, Landmark is on target for its best year ever, worldwide.  We are working with governments, fortune 500 companies and top people around the world, who are a demand for our services.  You are not going to stop it.  I am not going to stop at it.

the "governments, fortune 500 companies and top people aruond the world" sounds nearly verbatim like a phrase from an e-mail that I received. the e-mail mentioned the US State Department in particular.

Interesting reaction
Date: August 31, 2005 12:13AM

Acid Reindeer
the "governments, fortune 500 companies and top people aruond the world" sounds nearly verbatim like a phrase from an e-mail that I received. the e-mail mentioned the US State Department in particular.

AH that's really interesting, if you can dig up the mail that'd be nice to see.

Interesting reaction
Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: August 31, 2005 01:53AM

as you requested,

We've done our work in the State Department, Legislative Branch, fortune 100 companies. Been written up by Harvard, USC college of Business, Talent Foundation, Time, Newsweek. All about the difference we make in community...and the communities are person by person by person.

Interesting reaction
Date: August 31, 2005 02:25AM

Acid Reindeer
as you requested,

We've done our work in the State Department, Legislative Branch, fortune 100 companies. Been written up by Harvard, USC college of Business, Talent Foundation, Time, Newsweek. All about the difference we make in community...and the communities are person by person by person.

Following Dr. Margaret Singer's study on that group, I would describe their "work" more in terms of "infiltration" using deception and trickery rather than a true and honest collaboration with these agencies. It's easy to target an individual who works with a big company or the government (someone high ranked with power of influence), turn him into a deployable agent and claim to "work" with the organization, but it's actually an "infiltration".

See the chapter "Intruding into the workplace" by M.T. Singer available on this website :

[www.culteducation.com]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.