Just Back from Forum Night 1
Posted by: The_Trooper ()
Date: December 02, 2006 01:03PM

Just got back from the forum...

I'm sipping a beer as I am typing this, so don't tell the Forum leader.

Anyway, in defense of Landmark, I think all the stuff about "always already listening," "looking good," rackets, et. al. all seem to be harmless and good advice.

I didn't the find the rules too onerous .. It was a long day ... but nobody stopped me from going to the bathroom... and the two shorter breaks were plenty long enough to grab a bite to eat .. so I wasn't starving.

Nobody was advised to dump their spouses, etc. In fact, the emphasis was on improving communications/relationships with family members/ significant others.

There was some salesmanship, but they are a business, after all.

On the other hand, listening to people lay out their baggage in front of strangers made me uncomfortable. While I found the forum leader to be impressive, I don't believe she was trained in psychotherapy ... and what was being disclosed was very personal and often traumatic. I don't know if this is a healthy or medically apporpriate way to handle deep issues like childhood sexual abuse.

I thought the headache thing at the end was a lot of hooey... but people seemed to be into it...

I think some people can get a lot out the material and use it to improve their lives and relationships. I think others go into it thinking it will be a magic bullet that will solve all their problems .. (I felt a bit bad for one participant who was taking for a second time, I guess because the first didn't make everything better). The problem is, how do these people react when their problems don't go away?

Anyway, I hope to get something out of this ... and I'll keep you posted on nights 2 and 3.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: December 03, 2006 03:28AM

[Anyway, I hope to get something out of this ... and I'll keep you posted on nights 2 and 3.]

You need to worry more about what you leave with that is still in tact and uncompromised Trooper.
If you agree to suspend all judgement and logic or critical assessment of the 'technologies' you're getting slammed with, you have been duped into jumping out of the plane without your parachute. Good luck.[/quote]

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: December 03, 2006 05:30AM

The_Trooper
Anyway, in defense of Landmark, I think all the stuff about "always already listening," "looking good," rackets, et. al. all seem to be harmless and good advice.

G'day The_Trooper,

Harmless and good advice? Well, it is packaged to seem that way. My experiences have revealled quite the opposite.

'Always Already Listening', to me, means not listening at all. Landmarkians are experts at avoiding debate and other points of view. If you manage to keep your own sense of self, including that 'evil' little voice inside your head, see what happens when you converse with a 'brainwashed' Landmarkian about seemingly ordinary things, like conflict resolution, world poverty and, my favourite, integrity.

'Rackets' are the real conversation stoppers. Again, if you manage to enjoy your beer without too much guilt and try to have a deep and meaningful talk with a Landmarkian, when they reach their limit (ie the topic strikes too close to the bone) you will certainly be struck down with, 'that's your racket!'

It's good to see that you haven't lost your sense of humour. At this stage, your critical thinking skills are in check. Yeah, get back to us when you've experienced more.

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: December 03, 2006 09:47AM

wait till she tells u to put your hands to your side
and not to cross your legs , to put your head
down and close your eyes.

she will tell u that there are so many people
in the room and they all hate u. some of the
people will begin to whimper a little.
they will build it up to the point the people
are wailing and screaming and crying.
she will convince u u are terrified and u will
probably start to wail and scream too.

this is the empowerment process, formally
the danger process.
this is where landmark really themselves over u.

after the people wail and scream and cry for while
she will shift it around tell u that u are the one
doing the terrifiying to others. u will begin
to laugh and giggle ,
she will build it up and up and after a little while
u will just roll around laughing.

let us know what u think of this process. its
classic group hypnosis.

she will leave the people there for a while and then
change

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: December 03, 2006 09:49AM

Ah, well, the thing 'bout brainwashin' is: If'n ya knew it were happinin' to you, it wouldn't work now would it! Y'all know how to cook a frog, right? :lol:

Posted by: patrick-darcy ()
Date: December 03, 2006 09:56AM

in a blender :)

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: December 03, 2006 10:14AM

That made my night lol. I was going to say, put him in a pot full of water, and gradually raise the temperature so that the frog dies before he knows what has happened. But with LGAT's, the end result is more accurate with your method.

Posted by: kath ()
Date: December 03, 2006 12:00PM

in a microwave :lol:

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: December 03, 2006 12:30PM

after the blender and microwave treatments...the frog should look pretty 'authentic' :shock:

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 07, 2006 09:13PM

For anyone interested "Trooper" came back and posted after Day 3.

See [board.culteducation.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.