Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Werner Erhard 60 Minutes at General Files
Posted by: branwerks ()
Date: November 20, 2012 08:37AM

Yes I remember now reading that it was Celeste who recanted her position ............ and who knows, but I would say given the circumstances, she was probably bullied into "getting off her position." Celeste was probably the most accessible and intimidated the easiest, all along with I think being the youngest. Again, bully the weakest not the strongest, that's the way of it in these situations, with these groups, with these gurus. A fly on the wall probably could have verified some blame the victim, I'm sure that would've been in the mix; par for the course.That's curious about the editing surrounding the online episode, as the version that I watched when I followed the link you posted was the first time I've seen this piece, I have no basis for comparison.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ajinajan ()
Date: November 20, 2012 01:04PM

branwerks
That's curious about the editing surrounding the online episode, as the version that I watched when I followed the link you posted was the first time I've seen this piece, I have no basis for comparison.

What do you mean, what editing? What differences were there?

Posted by: branwerks ()
Date: November 20, 2012 09:05PM

It does seem that there's been a bit of censorship of the episode online for as yet unknown reasons and motivations.

You said censorship ............ that's what I was referring to when I said editing. Obviously not the same thing. My mistake.

Date: November 20, 2012 11:09PM

branwerks
It does seem that there's been a bit of censorship of the episode online for as yet unknown reasons and motivations.

You said censorship ............ that's what I was referring to when I said editing. Obviously not the same thing. My mistake.

Ah okay, yeah I agree there's lots of rampant censorship online related to this issue, hopefully it won't be as bad on the Internet in the future. At least it's good there's organizations like Chilling Effects ( [www.chillingeffects.org] ) out there so we know when that censorship has had literal "chilling effects" on free speech online.

Date: November 26, 2012 01:43PM

ajinajan
ajinajan
ajinajan
Werner Erhard 60 Minutes at General Files

Anyone ever heard of something called www.general-files.com ?

Because they've got the Werner Erhard episode of "60 Minutes" by CBS News file available for play right off of their website streaming.

[www.general-files.com]

What do people think about this?

There's also some relevant background info in this thread:
[forum.culteducation.com]

More info on the file at General Files:

------------------------

[www.general-files.com]

Size: 76,68 Mb

Added date: 13 May 2012

Checked at: 10 Nov 2012

Link(s) source: [wikileaks.org]

Source title: Suppressed CBS News 60 Minutes on Landmark cult leader Werner Erhard, 3 Mar 1991 - WikiLeaks

File tags: news 60min werner erhard

File also searched as: cbs news 60mins werner erhard

----------------------

Most interesting info.

[www.general-files.com]

It appears the file has been deleted from that location as of "(Last checked date: 10 Nov 2012)".

[www.general-files.com]

This other one was deleted as of "(Last checked date: 17 Nov 2012)".

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.