Mind Control Seminars - how many are really affected?
Posted by: anon0820 ()
Date: September 14, 2006 04:38AM

Are there people who actually get something positive from these mind control LGAT's and can go back and 'function' with the mainstream?

From all the messages on these boards, it's definitely slanted that there is a negative impact. Note: This was the reason I wanted to tell my story.

Am I being naive if I think there may be people that actually benefit from these seminars like LifeSpring, The Forum, etal. ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: September 14, 2006 10:13AM

Anon0820,

My wife went to PSI basic and PSI 7, returned home, left me three weeks later, divorced me, and I haven’t seen her in two years. PSI has a slogan: [b:e070151e5d]“this will change your life.” [/b:e070151e5d]It did, [b:e070151e5d]it ruined it[/b:e070151e5d]. Now my wife is looking for that “[b:e070151e5d]number 10 relationship[/b:e070151e5d]” and has “shifted” to using an internet dating service. I have seen the problems this has caused other people, even at work I was asked what I knew about this group. I found that two people I worked with have family members (both of them their daughters) who were “recruited” to PSI. I was told that both of these women have spent thousands of dollars on the seminars and have nothing to show for it, except a large credit debt. Their lives have not changed for the better. And when they asked when the change will take place you’re told “that’s up to you. You are the one in control here.” What they won’t tell you is that reality has a tendency to come and bite you in the ass.

Here is an example of a woman who sent her children to PSI. It was sent to another PSI graduate who forced her husband to attend PSI. He returned from the “ranch” and left her after he met someone there.

“I'm sorry to hear that you are hurting. It really sucks whenever we lose a love. You can think about it a different way too. If he hadn't learned to express his true feelings you might have ended up marrying him and then it not working. As much as it hurts now, trust me, the latter hurts far worse. My first husband decided that one woman wasn't enough for him so he tried to date half of Virginia. If I had known ahead of time what his true heart was I would have ran the other way. Now I have three kids by him and they are putting me through hell. I did learn some good foundations from PSI [b:e070151e5d]but on the other hand to be honest with you I am having my issues with PSI too.[/b:e070151e5d] I think it just brings out the inner person that is already there and is afraid to come out. This just teaches then to not care who they hurt. My daughter has been to every PSI event, including Principia. [b:e070151e5d]Her world of new found friends and family has made her so rude, ungrateful and disrespectful to her real family that's been there for her for all of her life. Now all of a sudden she has a whole world of friends that love her unconditionally and we (her family) have never done anything to support her. [/b:e070151e5d]

My son finally attended the basic back in May. [b:e070151e5d]Ever since then he has been so rude and aggressive. [/b:e070151e5d] I think my new husband is the smartest one of the bunch. He went to basic and refused to go to anything else. He saw it as a mind game to get your money. He does have money programs-thank God. We've been married for a year on September 4.

Again, I am really sorry for your pain and your loss. Don't let your ex have control over your emotions. I did that for too many years with my kids father. Whatever the reason for the break up, please know that it was meant to be. You are a very special person and there is someone better for you.. You have a specific reason for being on this earth and your REAL soul mate WILL come to you when you are ready. And you will know it.

I hope this helps. If not, you can tell me to stuff it. However, I offer to share out of love and concern for you. [b:e070151e5d]Not all us PSI grads are nutty. At least, I know I'm not.”[/b:e070151e5d]

As for my ex-wife, rumor has it that she is dating several men, most of which her friends consider losers. One friend even told me that she has confronted my wife with her lack of responsibility and the relationship was lost. The wife simply does not care who she hurts, even when her friends are trying to help her. Her PSI friends are the ones who provided her support. As for the internet dating service, where is the concern for someone safety? You never know who is going to answer the ad do you? I would be scared to death. But it is her life now.

Date: September 14, 2006 07:00PM

Samuel...

Thanks for your input. I guess I needed clarification.

I'm on this site, like most you to understand what really happened with someone we care about, to get closure and learn more about these seminars, workshops, CULTS.

One day, I tried to explain to my uncle who is in the Psychology field that LifeSpring is a cult. That my now ex-boyfriend is attending Personal Dynamics - an offshoot of LifeSpring. He told me these life seminars are [u:d0b4c50dc0]not [/u:d0b4c50dc0] cults. Then he proceeded to give me examples of Jonestown, Heaven's Gate and the Davidian as being cults. I don't believe you need to be in captivity to say that these workshops ARE cults, indeed.

So, then I thought. Are there actually people out there who really got something positive and weren't brainwashed.

I agree with all the things you said. I [i:d0b4c50dc0]lived [/i:d0b4c50dc0] it with my ex. He was / is all those things you described like your ex-wife. I remember telling him that he is selfish, unaware and controlling. My therapist called it self absorbed.

I just didn't know if they (the believers, like your ex and mine) are in the minority or not.

Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: September 15, 2006 08:07AM

anon0820,

I can't really answer that question either. From what I have read I know that 90 percent of the people who attend these groups fall for it. They sign up for the additional seminars, etc. 25 percent of those throw their relationships away. From the yahoo groups I have seen, the group members email each other for the first 3 months and then it dies out.

I am sorry about your exboyfriend. I also understand how painful this is for anyone who has lost a loved one to a LGAT. I still suffer from it, as I love and miss my wife very much. And the words "just move on" holds no meaning when they leave for my reason. There is no closure, only an understanding of what they got involved in. By the time they find their way back it's too late.

Date: September 15, 2006 07:24PM

Here's an interesting link...

[www.lifespring-scientific-research.com]

Posted by: hongabckong ()
Date: September 23, 2006 09:38PM

It is very sad to hear how much pain people have experienced on these courses. The fact is that there are many people searching and wanting to grow these days and there is a whole industry out there of people willing to take peoples money and power. If anyone feels a desire to gorw or move through something you are much better ginding someone whos qualifications and methods are transparant and who creates a nurturing environment in which you can find your centre. There is no quick fixes in life and anyone who sells you that can only be lying or very ignorant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.