Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Acelerate Trainings?
Posted by: Cujo ()
Date: January 22, 2006 06:46PM

Does anybody know anything about Accelerate Trainings (formerly Synergy) based out of Calif and working in Calif and Las Vegas?

[www.acceleratetrainings.com]

My wife has started attended the trainings and it is [u:f9b05a672a]exactly[/u:f9b05a672a] like the LifeSpring training articles in Rick Ross's web site...day by day, right down to the tape on the floor.

Concerned? :shock:

Options: ReplyQuote
Acelerate Trainings?
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: January 23, 2006 11:25AM

Cujo
Does anybody know anything about Accelerate Trainings (formerly Synergy) based out of Calif and working in Calif and Las Vegas?

[www.acceleratetrainings.com]

My wife has started attended the trainings and it is [u:4929d457ba]exactly[/u:4929d457ba] like the LifeSpring training articles in Rick Ross's web site...day by day, right down to the tape on the floor.

Concerned? :shock:

It seems to be one of the clones of scientology/landmark/lifespring/LGAT. You will find the "what you don't know that you don't know" concept on the website (under basic training). How many of these clones are there?

I would stay away from this! Read more about LGATs on this message board before even thinking of taking any of these trainings.

nettie

Acelerate Trainings?
Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: January 24, 2006 05:45AM

HI Cujo,

From the Accelerate Training website on their trainers:

John Hanley Sr.
Dr. John Hanley is senior member who has been hired to personally mentor Philips. With him, he brings his background as a pioneer in the field of non-traditional education." [b:93bd1ab428]As the founder and former CEO of Lifespring, Inc., [/b:93bd1ab428]the preeminent personal-effectiveness training in the 70s through 90s, he is the driving force behind authoring the content of the courses, training and the trainers.

[b:93bd1ab428]He is the author of "Lifespring: Getting From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be." [/b:93bd1ab428]He co-founded the Institute for Leadership and Potential Development (I-Leap), an affiliate of Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Dr. John Hanley earned his Bachelor's Degree from the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee and his doctorate in philosophy from Columbia Pacific University.

From a paper I got of the net regarding a psychological and sociological study of a Lifespring seminar: (do a search to find the web link or it may be on rr database)

Pathology as "Personal Growth":
A Participant-Observation Study of Lifespring Training
Psychiatry, Vol 46, August 1983
By Janice Haaken, Ph.D. and Richard Adams, Ph.D.

Definition: sol•ip•sism Audio pronunciation of solipsistic n. Philosophy

1. The theory that the self is the only thing that can be known and verified.
2. The theory or view that the self is the only reality.

This paper presents an overview of a Lifespring Basic Training workshop from a psychoanalytic perspective. Basing our conclusions on a participant-observation study, we argue that the impact of the training was essentially pathological. First, in the early period of the training, ego functions were systematically undermined and regression was promoted. Second, the ideational or interpretive framework of the training was based upon regressive modes of reasoning. Third, the structure and content of the training tended to stimulate early narcissistic conflicts, and defenses, which accounted for the elation and sense of heightened well-being achieved by many participants.

This is dangerous!

Oz

Acelerate Trainings?
Posted by: glam ()
Date: January 24, 2006 07:50AM

The study is on the RRI site:

[www.culteducation.com]

Acelerate Trainings?
Posted by: Cujo ()
Date: January 26, 2006 05:36PM

It's a shame but a familar story...Wife finds training, gets in deep (Basic, Advanced, Leadership), makes demands for me to join, I don't "get it", we can't communicate now 'cause I "don't have the tools", she files papers! :shock: :shock: Black and white...no emotion, it's over!

Accelerate has totally changed my wife and she is no longer the same caring person...total engulfed in self

Spread the word to stay away from Accelerate Trainings

Acelerate Trainings?
Posted by: Monique ()
Date: July 14, 2006 03:17AM

does anyone have more info on accelerate. I recently attended basic and advanced and have felt really out of sorts since.

Acelerate Trainings?
Posted by: Madshus ()
Date: July 18, 2006 12:40AM

This sounds a lot like the Impact Trainings offered in Utah...

www.impacttrainings.com

Are these 'self improvement' seminar spin-offs from est growing and gaining speed? Interesting.

Acelerate Trainings?
Posted by: Monique ()
Date: July 18, 2006 11:22PM

yes it does sound like accelerate. Madshus, did you do the impact trainings?? It seems to me like all these programs are related to est.

Acelerate Trainings?
Posted by: Madshus ()
Date: July 19, 2006 12:54AM

Monique,

No, I didn't do the Impact Trainings, but I did attend the visitation night at the request of my girlfriend at the time who did the trainings (and later I learned she also did Landmark). When I didn't jump on siging-up, things changed between us... she detached from me, etc.

Are you familiar with Impact Trainings? If so, what is your experience?

Acelerate Trainings?
Posted by: optronix ()
Date: July 24, 2006 03:04AM

I have been to bothe the Basic And Advanced course at Accelerate in the Bay Area, and They were wonderful.. I will admitt i was skeptical at first, and my brain was telling me not to drink the cool-aid and all that stuff.. but once I started the tranning i realized that its just a workshop to better your life, and nothing more... it has nothing to do with religion, or cults, or secret passwords, or crazy rituals wher you run around naked.. its just a workshop made to help people be all they can be in there life... and as far as the price for it?? its priceless.. I spent 1349.00 and feel like i should have spent thousands for what i got from the workshops.. So i just wanted to say that, and declare yess i was skeptical too..because I am human and fear what i dont know anything about.. but once I actually took a chance. and a risk.. I was not disapointed..and releaved it was not a cult, but just a life workshop..

Have a good one!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.