Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Sacred Cows and Alcoholics Anonymous
Posted by: bonnie ()
Date: April 22, 2006 03:36AM

I have noticed that there are some sketchy organizations and philosophies that it is most decidedly [b:e2144f5762]not ok[/b:e2144f5762] to examine or challenge in public, or [b:e2144f5762]here[/b:e2144f5762], for that matter.
(At least, according to some people.)

AA, for instance, is a 'Sacred Cow" that no one seems to want to touch.

There is a guy being allowed to preach on the AA topic, here on the cult education forum, right now.

AA is IMO an LGAT. It's a program of group therapy run by amateurs, not professionals.

Here is a quote by rrmoderator about the Mankind Project.

Substitute "AA" for "MKP", and "meeting for "weekend", and you'll get the jist of what I'm trying to point out:

Would you also explain, given what is known about MP now through this thread, why it should not be considered group therapy?

And why would someone seek help in their life from MP rather than a more safe and conventional approach through a licensed professional?

A licensed professional would seem better qualified, educated, accountable and less problematic in dealing with personal issues, such as those identified, explored and examined through an MP weekend.

Why do you think a man should give his valuable time to MP rather than spend that same time more conventionally with a licensed marriage and family therapist or through individual or group therapy with a clinical psychologist?

Doesn't that make more sense time-wise and practically?

Time is valuable, so woldn't it be more proudctive and safe for someone concerned about personal issues to schedule scarce and valuable time with a qualified professional licensed in their rather than a philosophical group like MP?

Wouldn't all of this apply to AA as well?

AA is condoned and endorsed by the American court system, the American public, and the cult education forum moderators, apparently.

[b:e2144f5762]Why?[/b:e2144f5762]

There have been many abuses within this program, experienced by many people, but, despite that fact, it is not considered harmful in the least by the moderators and would seem to be beyond question.

There are other sacred cows. Anti-white hate, I noticed, doesn't deserve recognition or acknowledgement, but that doesn't really bother me all that much.

Anyone notice any other "Sacred Cows" out there in society, or here on the cult forum?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RU?ing ()
Date: April 22, 2006 04:50AM

Bonnie, the same thoughts have been running through my mind these last few weeks.

One group springs to mind.

'Skull and Bones' - I notice no reference to this group apart from my own on this site, news reports are light, at least online. This is a documented and real group, with enourmous power, though obviously, as with Opus Dei, it quickly decendes into theory rather than acutality.

[www.cbsnews.com]

My own thinking has been more down the lines of the mass media, and advertising, two areas I am very interested in.

These are a lot more accessable, consumed and repeated than even religions these days seemingly (IMO!).

A lot of documented work has been done, and reported, about mind control experiments and the mass media, in Nazi Germany, England, Soviet Russia, USA, Israel, most Arab Nations. The term 'Media Panic' is used quite openly - even in pro-media circles!

The documentary 'Outfoxed' is an examination of Fox news' particular twists on whatever given story - the point is, like a LGAT, the 'myth' is irrelevant - its whether people 'get it'(TM) or not. Using certain words over others, repetititon and other NLP techniques. The same is repeated in M's channels in the UK and Australia. I pressume elsewhere in M's empire. (I will see what sources I can dig up on this, haven't looked at it in a while.)

This is, of course, all documented - by the news people themselves - as shown in this documentary.

Here is a link via Amazon (I do not wish to promote this company - I choose it as a 'neutral' reference) -

[www.amazon.com]

Interesesting thread Bonnie.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: April 24, 2006 12:27PM

There's some interesting stuff on www.morerevealed.com

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: April 25, 2006 12:30AM

RU?ing
'Skull and Bones' - I notice no reference to this group apart from my own on this site, news reports are light, at least online. This is a documented and real group, with enourmous power, though obviously, as with Opus Dei, it quickly decendes into theory rather than acutality.

Skull and Bones is a well-known "Secret Society". I'm sure there are plenty of websites devoted to exposing secret societies. Is it a cult website's responsibility to expose secret societies as well as cults? I guess that would be up to Rick.

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: April 25, 2006 05:23AM

More reading/sites: [12schrittefrei.de]

Go to "12 step (English)"

Date: April 25, 2006 08:52AM

Curious, though, that some guy is getting away with preaching the AA message right here, on the cult education forum!

It's under "Clergy and Therapy Abuse", "Alcoholics Anonymous should be considered a cult."

Cult or not, there are a whole bunch of websites discussing the ills of the Religious and Self-help Organization of Alcoholics Anonymous!

There is also a growing concern within AA as well as in the public arena about the misuses of power that occur at meetings and among members of the organization.

AA, cult, LGAT, or benign therapeutic society? You decide!

Date: April 25, 2006 05:12PM

Bonnie
I have noticed that there are some sketchy organizations and philosophies that it is most decidedly not ok to examine or challenge in public, or here, for that matter. (At least, according to some people.)

Gulab Jamon
Skull and Bones is a well-known "Secret Society". I'm sure there are plenty of websites devoted to exposing secret societies. Is it a cult website's responsibility to expose secret societies as well as cults? I guess that would be up to Rick.

Well, I was answering a question.....

Seems you answered that

Date: April 25, 2006 07:15PM

Why not start a topic on "skull and bones"?
Personally, I know nothing about them.

Date: April 25, 2006 09:38PM

bonnie
Why not start a topic on "skull and bones"?
Personally, I know nothing about them.

Got a feeling it may not be popular... :roll:

Do a quick internet search - it may raise an eyebrow....

(but please do note that I do accept that it will quickly spin into theory, but they [b:14ec7bbf25]are[/b:14ec7bbf25] real and do possess an enormous amount of power)

Have you seen Outfoxed Bonnie?

Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: April 25, 2006 11:15PM

Needed: a society wide discussion on what is and what isn't OK in high suggestibility-high vulnerability group settings. Look at the shift that occured with teacher-student or employer-employee or priest-alterboy relationships in the past decade. Suddenly the public woke up and the popular media along with it, and following them the legal system, and started asking what the appropriate boundaries should be. Or consider the case of cigarrettes. At some leverage point, the tobacco interests lost power and the public health interests gained, and now the tobacco companies have to fund anti-smoking campaigns. The lesson is that public awareness, thus public attitudes CAN change, sometimes dramatically, about issues that previous generations accepted as the [i:90126e1d5a] status quo [/i:90126e1d5a] .... and in every case, the "discussion before the discussion" took place in small outposts of dissenting opinion, such as this one we have before us.

Scientology appears to be so inherently ridiculous that it is getting itself laughed out of town... as it well deserves to be... sometimes public mockery will suffice... the great wonder is how anyone took it seriously in the first place...

Other LGATish businesses (posing as quasi-public service organizations) may come under a more refined scrutiny as new generations of educated young people start asking hard questions about how political and social manipulation work... how WAS consensus engineered for certain national decisions, for example ? I can envision trainers suddenly faced with not so docile, not so get with the program, not so hypnotically responsive generations who will demand lucid explanations and clear definitions of terms, agendas, and intended outcomes, both express and implied.

I can also easily envision a defensive trainer sputtering and flailing with the usual room control rackets, blustering in desperation, spewing the good old -isms that worked so well in the past, and the room not buying in to it for a minute.... see ya later alligator... after a while crocodile... maybe they will be receptive to The Teaching in Sudan ? Have we considered Chad ? Antarctica ? We'll preach to the penguins ! Yes, the penguins ! They'll listen ! They'll get it.....

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.