Help with Tony Robbins?
Posted by: Rambler ()
Date: May 31, 2006 04:52PM

I have done personal power II and get the edge and have learnt a great deal in speeding up achievements in my life.

You wont hear any of that "Tony talk" as you say and I have read all the good and bad about the guy from many forums - I do not think I would attend a seminar of his as it is not my style, The tapes mention his seminars and mention buying more products to continue on with his program but I filter that out and use whats there.

I must be honest and admit trying the "Hour of power" and other techniques on get the egde, but shortly after in a (I hope!) non related incident I was diagnosed with severe depression and had to take Citalopram SSRI antidepressants and Amitriptyline and Benzos to sleep, things were really low for a while but now I have come out on top again and have started listening to Personal Power 2 again ( I find it way more useful then GTE which has too many ads etc)and now I have started gaining back my motivation, setting goals etc etc so far so good.

I was told by someone that his techniques are not working on me for getting me to attend a seminar which ends up leading to a feeling of uselessness? or will that only happen if I believe it will happen?

I am just after your thoughts on this guy and in your opinions if his advice is worth using.
After listening to personal power 2 a few times there seems to be tons of useful information about improving your life.

Would like to hear your comments.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Help with Tony Robbins?
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: May 31, 2006 09:52PM

Tony has useful ideas, mostly those that he took from the NLP model then rebranded as Neuro Associative Conditioning ... I recently attended a live Tony Robbins event... his UPW thing.... a veritable Tony love fest...

A couple of personal observations:

1. It is overtstimulating. No person with any serious emotional or mind-body disorder like epilepsy should attend. they don't tell you in advance that there will be periods of blinding strobe light dancing. Strobes are known to trigger seizures.

2. Tony is a weird dude. Tony loves Tony. Tony loves you to love Tony. Go see Tony and you celebrate Tony. Yes Yes Yes ! Tony has amazing stamina, so if Tony wants you to experience 15 hours of Tony going full out, blasting at high volumes through his PA system, smoke machines spewing infernal smogs... creepy security teams eyeballing you... creepy TonyBots upselling you... Yes Yes Yes... pack a lot of sandwiches and energy drinks, you'll need them...

3. Tony fans are a breed unto themselves. Sort of a blue collar to small business owner entrpreneurial crowd, sports fan mentality that would be at home at Shea Stadium screaming their guts out, not quite the hockey fan crowd, more the baseball crowd ... trusting simple folk mostly looking for a boost... not as [i:7c908c4fd6] earnest [/i:7c908c4fd6] as the ESTmark truth-wagglers... hopeful enthusiasts that wish some of Tony's magic will rub off on them...

4. Tony is pretty no longer. Once upon a time Tony displaced Werner as the matinee idol of Personal Transformation... he had energy, youth, unstoppability... on some level I think that Werner checked out because he couldn't compete on the narcissistic level. Tony now looks like he's had his scalp done with implants or something, he's gaining weight, his face is heavier, more aged, and his hair job is out of sync with his face ... resisting one's age isn't a delightful thing to watch ...

5. Tony's NAC or NLP training is barely of mediocre quality. He does throw in NLP training concepts with no real training... you do them for a couple of minutes on a superficial level and then it's back to...... Tony Tony Tony....

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.