Landmark litigation archive
Posted by: joe6 ()
Date: March 04, 2006 02:58AM

For those who haven't seen it, the litigation archive previously discussed is online with documents discovered in the case against Rick Ross.
[www.culteducation.com]

I especially found interesting the briefing that was written in the Self Magazine case which quotes pretty disturbing sections of the Forum Supervisors Manual:
[www.culteducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nutrino ()
Date: March 04, 2006 06:20AM

That was worthy reading.

Posted by: Excalibur ()
Date: March 04, 2006 08:26AM

I've been sifting through the archives for the past few days now. It's nothing less than fascinating. This certainly was a case of Landshark biting off way more than they could chew. Looks good on 'em, let them choke on it.

Up till now I was not familiar with the acronym "SLAP" but I'm happy this despicable abuse of the judicial system at least has a name. "SLAP" stands for "Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation" which is a lawsuit brought not for its merits, but for the specific purpose of silencing a vocal critic, often one who is unlikely to have the financial resources to defend himself. In other words, it's how rich organizations abuse the foundation of justice in our nation to stifle free speech, whether the criticism is legitimate or not. Obviously Landshark took some lessons from the "Church" (ha) of Scientology. Wait a minute, isn't Werner Erhart a former scientologist.

Trying to destroy free speech? Abusing our nation's already overburdened justice system - the vanguard of our rights - with SLAP suits? Hmmm, isn't Landmark the group that preaches "integrity"?

Anyway, the Landmark people must be fuming with rage now that the details of their pathetic and desperate lawsuit is on-line for the world to see.

We should also acknowledge the outstanding work of attorneys Peter L. Skolnik and Michael A. Norwick of Lowenstein Sandler PC who defended Rick Ross [i:406138ef2d]pro bono[/i:406138ef2d]. It's people like Mr. Skolnik and Mr. Norwick who safeguard our basic freedoms and rights to free speech. By the way, the term [i:406138ef2d]pro bono [/i:406138ef2d]literally translates to "for the public good". That certainly was the case here. Gentlemen, thank you so much for all that you did.

Date: March 05, 2006 02:11AM

Too good for words... their smokescreen is blown... meanwhile back at the WernerBunker they're probably cooking up a new stack of rationalizations, how bad they were victimized by this ugly matter, how they were Made Wrong, boo hoo...

Source is NOT happy about this one ! , not one little bit, and when he returns to Urph for the Rapture he's gonna know who was naughty and who was nice... you can bet your boots on that, pal.

Mom! (sob, sob).... some damn hateful court in New Jersey made me wrong!!!! Do something Mom ! Hit 'em with your purse ! Make 'em pay !

Posted by: elena ()
Date: March 05, 2006 04:46AM

nutrino
Too good for words... their smokescreen is blown... meanwhile back at the WernerBunker they're probably cooking up a new stack of rationalizations, how bad they were victimized by this ugly matter, how they were Made Wrong, boo hoo...

Source is NOT happy about this one ! , not one little bit, and when he returns to Urph for the Rapture he's gonna know who was naughty and who was nice... you can bet your boots on that, pal.

Mom! (sob, sob).... some damn hateful court in New Jersey made me wrong!!!! Do something Mom ! Hit 'em with your purse ! Make 'em pay !

Never could figure that one out.

How did/does he explain his humiliation/demise, to himself or to his followers, without either looking ~bad,~ like a phoney, a hypocrite, ~out integrity~ with his own schtick, etc., etc? After all, there are ~no victims,~ according to Werner, or, if you are victimized, you did it to your own damn self.

He no doubt knew all along it was just a scam, unless, at some point he started believing his own hogwash. But either all his "clones" know it also or they are capable of a phenomenal degree of self-delusion. Either that or the programming destroys one's ability to see hypocrisy. Or increases one's tolerance for it.

LOL....maybe "The one who sent him" thing really did take over his mind to the point that he had to self-immolate to fulfill his destiny. One can only hope the same for Tony Robbins on one of his silly fire-walks.

Ellen

Posted by: joe6 ()
Date: March 05, 2006 07:24AM

elena
How did/does he explain his humiliation/demise, to himself or to his followers
Like it says on the original werner-erhard.com site:
[web.archive.org]
"In order to provide an opportunity for the ongoing availability of the work of transformation, unimpeded by the attack on his personal reputation..."

My Landmark friend tells it like that: The Scientologists were making Werner look bad in the press, so in order for the Work to continue, Werner sacrificed himself on the holy cross of exile.
My friend at this point gets misty-eyed and says to me "Wasn't that the act of a Great Man, to give up what he loved most so we could continue to have it?"

I had assumed most of the Werner devotees who were around for the Departure saw it like that. Is that not the prevailing view?

Date: March 05, 2006 07:25AM

Their favorite attitude (directed towards themselves) is REVERENCE.... they are oh so REVERENT.... the mere mention of Werner Hans causes a lowering of vocal pitch, a slight tremolo..... WERNER....

I never saw a church service so dripping with REVERENCE.... and, frankly, over time, with no clear feeback from the outside world, they bought it, they fell for their own lines, they got another racket, and the title of their second major racket is "REVERENCE is our due, because of the unbelievable SIGNIFICANCE of our mission to save mankind from itself".... They have a reverent attitude towards their own jargon, their half baked philosophies, their pumped up take-names-and-kick-ass sense of entitlement to beat up on their trainees minds... when you're due that reverence, that superspecial, that fabulously good... you can't see your bullshit anymore.... 'cause you KNOW that you're way past bullshit, you're surfing the big waves of PURE TRUTH.... self deception ? Phooey, that's for the little people.

Date: March 06, 2006 02:39AM

Werner Erhard also accumulated a number of powerful enemies. In December 1991, an article appeared in the Los Angeles Times that documented a well-organized media campaign engineered by a particular organization to ruin Mr. Erhard's reputation.

ahhhh... let us perform a little thought experiment, shall we ??, maybe Art Schreiber would like to join us on our mental adventure ! Ready, Art ? OK, here goes !

First, let us imagine we're at The Forum ! Wheee! And we stand up on our tippy toes and clear our throat and pipe up to The Trainer....

"Gosh Mr. Trainer, I would so much like to be doing my thing here in the USA with everyone who loves me so much, but you see, I also accumulated a number of powerful enemies. In December 1991, an article appeared in the Los Angeles Times that documented a well-organized media campaign engineered by a particular organization to ruin my reputation...."

Your trainer's response to my STORY would be to ______________________????

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: March 06, 2006 08:00AM

to elucidate for those un-familiar the "he who sent him" comment refers to Werner Erhard's self-identification with "he who sent" Jesus, as quoted in [i:451b5cfa5c]Outrageous Betrayal[/i:451b5cfa5c].

speaking of which, riddle me this, Batman... why didn't Pressman not get sued [i:451b5cfa5c]Outrageous Betrayal[/i:451b5cfa5c]?

Posted by: midonov123 ()
Date: March 08, 2006 11:28PM

joe6
For those who haven't seen it, the litigation archive previously discussed is online with documents discovered in the case against Rick Ross.
[www.culteducation.com]

I especially found interesting the briefing that was written in the Self Magazine case which quotes pretty disturbing sections of the Forum Supervisors Manual:
[www.culteducation.com]

Thanks to RR (he really deserves a medal for this remarquable work!), now we can say with certainty that there is enough material out there to experience Landmark and learn what it really is without the necessity to do the Landmark Forum! It's learning by "reason" instead of "experience", but here "reason" prevails because the "experience" is deceptive.

And it's NOT like RIDING A BIKE!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.