Aspire, "Breakthrough to Wealth" Perth, West Oz
Date: February 07, 2006 03:33AM

Greetings,

I came across a large ad in the weekend paper for a weekend seminar about how to break through to wealth. (Now that i am learning about LGATs i keep an eye out for their ads in the newspaper :) )
"This is the ultimate weekend for accelerating your wealth, health and success to create the life of your dreams. In just 2 and a half days, you will conquer whatever is stopping you from releasing the power that can dramatically transform your life. Expect to unleash your Millionaire Mind, through powerful investing techniques and principles that Craig uses every single day."
Friday 6-10pm, Sat 9am-9pm, Sun 9am-3pm.

It seems to me that this may be more of an investment seminar than a strict LGAT, but as it is many hours over the weekend, etc. I think they may by that time, if your still there, just about have you signing up for wealth coaching.
I think i saw a tv show about a few different couples and how they were progressing in this type of scheme with their 'coach' (the guy running the seminar. Of course they paid a lot of money for their coaching). Two of the couples could not keep up with the pressure, and it seemed that the others were heading down the same way.
I feel that like others have said in other posts about LGATs, that it is extremely difficult for the majority of people to adjust their 'thinking' to make BIG money, and adopt a sudden new mindset to continue trying to make BIG money.
It seems that this seminar creator may genuinely have a mindset and motivation for great wealth creation, which is all good for him, however those (the majority of us) who have to become like this seem to be constantly pressuring themselves to achieve these heights, and so they often fall by the way side, and go back to the life they had before being caught up in these kind of money making ventures.
Though he does mention also "health and success", so i wonder if there may be some common LGAT manipulations as part of the seminar.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: February 08, 2006 09:31PM

orangeperuviscacha
Greetings,

I came across a large ad in the weekend paper for a weekend seminar about how to break through to wealth. . . i wonder if there may be some common LGAT manipulations as part of the seminar.
Greetings to you orangeperuviscacha!
I've never been to one of these (my BS detector goes off too loud), but I think you have found an LGAT of sorts here. There are many tip-off phrases:

* the ultimate weekend for accelerating your wealth, health and success (the LGAT trinity as bait -- change your life in just one weekend!)
* [b:8d99700c87]create [/b:8d99700c87]the life of your dreams (classic -- can't do without this one!)
* you will [b:8d99700c87]conquer [/b:8d99700c87]whatever is [b:8d99700c87]stopping [/b:8d99700c87]you (feel the power!)
* releasing the [b:8d99700c87]power [/b:8d99700c87]that can dramatically [b:8d99700c87]transform [/b:8d99700c87]your life (create it!)

Plus from your introduction: "break through to wealth." (sounds like the person behind this has been to an LGAT we all know and love)

LGAT philosophy is very much like the "prosperity gospel." Name it and claim it . . . . This one is just focused on one aspect of the new reality they can claim for themselves -- wealth. As you point out -- most of those who pursue something like this will NOT be successful, which their coach will certainly claim is "their fault" for "not doing the program," while those who would succeed anyway are exhalted as examples of "what the [b:8d99700c87]program [/b:8d99700c87]can do." You fail -- your fault. You succeed -- my credit! The coach's job is to keep them in the system, buying more stuff.

I guarantee there are LGAT manipulations here!

Good eye orangeperuviscacha!

-lightwolf

Posted by: skeptic ()
Date: February 09, 2006 01:55AM

What disturbs and horrifies me is that LGAT "thinking" and jargon have greatly seeped into and contaminated society at large. I see evidence of it in sooooo many places.

Posted by: lightwolf ()
Date: February 09, 2006 11:07AM

skeptic
What disturbs and horrifies me is that LGAT "thinking" and jargon have greatly seeped into and contaminated society at large. I see evidence of it in sooooo many places.
An interesting exercise is to go out to places like Yahoo Groups and type in Landmark (I would expect Lifespring and others to be similarly true). Besides being struck by the large number of hits, peruse the list and notice what one word keeps popping up in the group descriptions. This tells you something about what they are really about, and also how far this virus of narcissistic consciousness has spread. It is disturbing. You're right skeptic, it is evident in many, many places (at least in my experience of the world I have created for myself). :wink:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.