Is Landmark Education expanding?
Posted by: nettie ()
Date: January 25, 2006 01:01PM

The number of Forum Leaders are at the moment 52 (according to their homepage). That number has been the basically the same since 1994. Some has retired and a few new names have arosen.

Simple mathematics gives:
- number of forum leaders: 52
- number of weekends they work every year doing the forum: 36
- number of participants in each course: 150

52x36x150 = 280 800 newcomers each year.

You may find flaws in this equation. Number of weekends is what I heard one of the forum leaders said was his work schedule. They also lead the advanced course and I guess the actual number is lower since this would be their maximum.

Forum leaders work a lot. It was said during the 1990s that the number of trainded forum leaders was inhibiting expansion.
I guess that was used to get people hooked on the possibility of becoming a forum leader. That is the ultimate catch for landmark. A devotee that will spend all their life at landmark.

Isn't it interesting to see that they seem to be stuck around 50. Who is not BEING HIS WORD? Someone must have failed utterly having a breakthrough in number of forum leaders.

BOTTOM LINE
They might have expanded in other areas such as business development (I doubt it) but the number of new recruits would, by the equation above, at least not be larger than in the 1990s. That gives some hope for mankind!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonnie_dee ()
Date: January 25, 2006 03:21PM

One thing to think about is that many smaller areas have landmark forums that do not meet the minimum 150. I know one area had six landmark forums in one year and they only had 75-95 people in them.

so maybe they are not expanding? I know that the office I worked in was being regularly threatened with closure although I know they wouldn't simply because the position (country/city) polictically was too good to give up

Posted by: Towest3 ()
Date: January 26, 2006 12:51PM

Stagnation in apsolute numbers of attendants in last decade means declination regarding growing population. That is maybe answer for mopre histeric recruiting atempts in LGAT generaly. As time pasing percentualy less people get hooked, education and knowlege about cults obviously are on higher level than before..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.